Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-15, 04:25 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
One thing that kept occurring to me? The son went hour after hour without a bath, and all I could think was, he's really gonna regret that, very soon.
This made me laugh
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 05:07 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I'm in.

I really enjoyed the pilot. I kind of liked the slowness to it. It gives us a better understanding as to what happened.

I really liked the sneak preview of the upcoming Walking Dead.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 06:11 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Ha ha! Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you'd last long in the Zombie Apocalypse. (Remember Carol smearing herself with Zombie guts?)
Ewww! I remember!!!

One thing that bugs me in terms of logic is the way that everyone on TWD winds up clean, having been truly filthy not long before.

In terms of basic disease prevention I'd think that bathing/personal grooming/laundry would matter in an end-of-civilization scenario, mostly because it's harder to do without a regular supply of running water.

Having endured some weather related power and water outages, I know how much the most basic things really begin to matter.

I get it, I get it.

TV shows skip those details because they're boring, for all the same reasons that people on TV can seemingly trek cross country with just a half empty backpack and one water bottle, and no sunscreen, hat or sunglasses.

I'm willing to buy into the story, because I'm willing to be entertained, but still.

Some tiny bit of my brain notices this stuff the same way I notice grammatical errors. (It bugs me when every character on a show makes the same grammatical error. In real life, people randomly grouped together use language in different ways for all sorts of reasons, and tend NOT to all make the same mistakes. )
Old 08-25-15, 07:38 PM  
pcdoctor01

A slow burn but I enjoyed the show. They really know how to end the episode and leave you hanging.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 06:27 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by at120 View Post
I finally watched the first episode last night. Like all of you, I thought the first ten minutes were great, but I didn't find the dysfunctional family at all interesting. I also didn't think Cliff Curtis and the female lead, Kim Dickens (the teacher couple), had any chemistry. The guy that was playing the son must have watched a 21 Jump Street marathon to prepare for his role.
I didn't think the 2 leads had any chemistry either. Plus the Kim Dickens character bugs me. Reminds me of Lori and the attitude was similar to way Lori treated Rick. Madison's boyfriend brought her a change of clothes and all she could say was the shoes don't match. What the?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 09:01 AM  
antbuko

I like the back story. There was enough intimation of zombie activity to scare me. The fact that the characters didn't yet know what was going on was scary, e.g. running over drug dealer zombie and he still walks! Very scary for our characters. Love the drug addict son. have so much empathy for him and it was ironic that he was the only one to have his wits about him and react by running the zombie over with the car. It'll be captivating to see mass hysteria ensue in the city, along with marshall law, anarchy and evacuations.

Oh hey, did the mom get bit? I thought it looked like she go bit.

I wonder if acne kid, the profit of doom, will come into play or if they will just bail on his character. I'd like to see a little heroism from him. He could possibly be one of the early responders, so to speak, who figures out that in order to put down zombies their brains have to be severed. I'd like to see more heroism from addict son too. I'm really rooting for him. He was sharp enough to spot the gun his dealer had and knew where this was going, and he reacted well, plus he fought off the first zombie.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Old 08-27-15, 09:03 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I didn't think the 2 leads had any chemistry either. Plus the Kim Dickens character bugs me. Reminds me of Lori and the attitude was similar to way Lori treated Rick. Madison's boyfriend brought her a change of clothes and all she could say was the shoes don't match. What the?
I got a little bit of a Lori vibe from her too!
Old 08-27-15, 09:05 AM  
woodie

I loved it. Slow build but that works for me. We got rid of cable and watch everything on Hulu Plus or SlingTV now so I have to buy the episodes a day later on Amazon Prime. Not loving this set up right now lol.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 09:58 AM  
keb's mom

I love the Walking Dead but felt like this new show was a bit slow and boring. I do expect the next few episodes to be more exciting though. Here is the other thing.....I didn't really like any of the characters. I thought the druggie son did a great job with acting but I was frustrated with his history--multiple rehabs--continued drug abuse. I cannot say I "liked" him. The mother bugged me and the daughter seemed bitchy. The only one I sort of liked was the Dad. Maybe I will grow more attached as the season progresses.

I love the idea of seeing how the zombie apocalypse develops and unfolds.

Maria
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 11:10 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
I loved it. Slow build but that works for me. We got rid of cable and watch everything on Hulu Plus or SlingTV now so I have to buy the episodes a day later on Amazon Prime. Not loving this set up right now lol.
I watched it on amc.com. Can you do that?
http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-wa...isode-01/pilot
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd