Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-11, 03:18 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
bumping this as I'm doing some research before I cave....

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, but.... will I use them? I really love Lauren, Sarah Lurie and RKS.....

should I? Does anyone find this set repetitive?
I bought it soley for the form aspects. I think RKS will be more enjoyable and used more often, but you can't beat the instruction level that skogg is supposed to offer.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 03:27 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
I bought it soley for the form aspects. I think RKS will be more enjoyable and used more often, but you can't beat the instruction level that skogg is supposed to offer.
if skogg would sell his instruction dvd separately... they'd make a fortune! i'll be people would pay $20 just for that!

i'm going to go add that the the suggestions thread!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 03:36 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
if i were doing this as a system for 6 weeks (or ever how long it is supposed to be) then i'd find it repetitive.... especially since going from level 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 is the same exact workout....

however i'm using them like all my other workouts (except RKS which i've done as a sorta system) and doing which one i want when i want in with all my other ones (did ladders mon and flow today... level 3 although in hindsight i wish i'd have done level 4!)

i LOVE lauren and RKS... i haven't picked up lurie in a while but do like her workouts.... and i like skogg (just not as a system!)

so that said... i think you might light them!

it's funny but i kinda liken them to the snatch-fest/swing-fest... cuz although it's 6 moves versus 1 move... you still repeat them over and over for 15-40 minutes depending on which level you choose!
Hmm, you're not selling me on these. $80 for essentially an instructional DVD is not really what I'm looking for....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 03:43 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Hmm, you're not selling me on these. $80 for essentially an instructional DVD is not really what I'm looking for....
i like the workouts.... but, for me, not as a system!

another thing with me.... i'm all about burning calories (cuz i like to eat and i know that diet is most important in maintaining ones weight.... so the more calories i burn the more i can eat! if i just do a skogg workout i burn less than 200 (how he gets that you burn 400 calories in one of his workouts is beyond me!?! of course that's the same thing with RKS.... i burn under 200 for ONE RKS workout... thus i put together 3 and burn about 600 or just under! so there is a method to my workout madness!)

i am enjoying adding skogg onto spinervals.... but that's not his intentions for it as a system!
-----
- WWWendy

-----
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
Old 07-06-11, 03:44 PM  
caligurl

oh... and workoutwise alone... i would put lauren above skogg... but i have a lovefest with lauren's workouts if you can't tell from my posts!
-----
- WWWendy

-----
Old 07-06-11, 03:59 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
oh... and workoutwise alone... i would put lauren above skogg... but i have a lovefest with lauren's workouts if you can't tell from my posts!
DOH! See now I regret getting skogg! Lauren's workouts are bright and outdoors, something I enjoy with other DVDs. GARH. I'll just keep telling myself it's like other DVDs. I'm not a rotation gal much either but perhaps I'll enjoy adding these to the mix.

Oh well, if not, I know someone out there will want to trade!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 04:05 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
DOH! See now I regret getting skogg! Lauren's workouts are bright and outdoors, something I enjoy with other DVDs. GARH. I'll just keep telling myself it's like other DVDs. I'm not a rotation gal much either but perhaps I'll enjoy adding these to the mix.

Oh well, if not, I know someone out there will want to trade!
yes.... you will enjoy adding these to the mix!
-----
- WWWendy

-----
Old 07-06-11, 05:38 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
bumping this as I'm doing some research before I cave....

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, but.... will I use them? I really love Lauren, Sarah Lurie and RKS.....

should I? Does anyone find this set repetitive?
I don't find Skogg workouts repetitive but I have not used just Skogg workouts in a rotation. I like how the workouts pack a lot into the time frame (most under 30 min), and go by quickly. Maybe you can temp. trade for a couple of the Skogg workouts to try them out (I did this, and ended up buying Skogg).

I compiled some of the details of the Skogg System (comparing it to RKS), it may help you in your decision to buy or not:

Price: $79 + s & h (Domestic: $2.98 for medial mail at Amazon, $2.32 for priority mail at Skogg site & International: $14.95 for priority mail).

Discount: none at this time

Packaging: slim, cardboard case

Set: includes 5 DVDs (1 instructional, 4 for workouts), poster w/ rotation & photos for form for 6 primary exercises. Case also contains information on the program (how to use SS, weight recommendations for both genders, level testing to determine which level user is at 1-4).

Rotation: 12 weeks long, 6 day-a-week, progress through the 4 DVDs & levels of workouts (perform 4 Skogg workouts per week, alternate Skogg workout w/ stretch workouts (2), 1 rest day)

Background exercisers & lead have excellent form

Michael cues live/real time w/ solid instruction & form. Michael is an AKC (American Kettlebell Club) certified instructor

Instructional for 6 exercises w/ KBs (32 min.)

4 warm-ups (one per disc, all about 4 mins. long, 1 min of prep, 3 min. of exercises), 2 thorough cool-downs w/ some yoga poses & athletic stretches (each used for two discs, one is 9:25 min, other 6:25 min.)

6 primary exercise w/ KBs (1-arm swing, snatch, high pull, clean, clean & press & squat), bodyweight exercises used for 3 of the warm-ups (rotations, planks, hindu push-ups), none mixed into the work portion *Roots DVD does have 3 KB exercises for the warm-up: halos, body circles (slingshot) & Figure 8's (under leg pass).

All workouts incorporate the 6 primary exercise but w/ different sequencing, some based on rep numbers (Ladders & Flow), others based on time (Roots & Intervals).

4 DVDs, 4 workouts on each one (that are filmed as one seamless workout but edited for progressions: level 1/beginner, level 2/intermediate, level 3/advanced, 4/warrior)

Workouts duration of time range from 8:45-32:04 min.
Roots DVD- level 1: 12:20 min, level 2: 18:30 min., level 3: 24 min., level 4: 24 min.

Intervals DVD- level 1: 8:45 min., level 2: 16:46 min., level 3: 24:32 min., level 4: 32:04 min.

Ladders DVD- level 1: 11:40 min., level 2: 17:02 min., level 3: 23:50 min., level 4: 31:30 min.

Flow DVD- level 1: 8:45 min., level 2: 16:46 min., level 3: 24:32 min., level 4: 32:04 min.

Workouts are for all levels, no modifications provided but detailed instruction & form pointers. There’s shots of the exercises from side, front & top/ariel & slow motion of some exercises (for Roots & Intervals DVDs, as well as more cues focused on form pointers).

Last edited by cardiomama; 07-07-11 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add new shipping info.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 05:44 PM  
momofcha

Wow! That was a very thorough description & breakdown. Thank you! And yeah, I caved

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 06:15 PM  
icebergslim

If you have a heavy enough bell, you are not thinking about it being repetitive but thinking about just to get through it.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, michael skogg, skogg, skogg breakdown, skogg kettlebell system, skogg system