Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-15, 07:14 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
But alas! They're still so expensive!
My sentiments exactly!! Have a real sale already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Did I do something wrong? My shipping came up at $7? All I could pick was USPS priority.
No---their shipping rates are just high. Because it's not enough to gouge us with high dvd prices The coupon really only amounts to about free shipping. I'll continue to pass until they have a real sale. No way I'm paying "Boutique" pricing for barre classes when there are so many good instructors that are more reasonably priced. At least P57 has decent sales now and then. Love their latest 30min workouts
Old 11-29-15, 07:15 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I highly recommend their newest Total Body with the red pants.
Yes, if you can only get one HSM, that's the one to get.

Carol, thanks for posting this. I agree with Nuggie's Auntie that these are still very expensive....... I don't own their latest, Hot & Flashy (??), mostly because the title annoys me. I don't like it when a perfectly good workout is identified by reproductive status. Anyway, does anyone own that one? If so, any thoughts? Thanks!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-15, 07:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Yes, if you can only get one HSM, that's the one to get.

Carol, thanks for posting this. I agree with Nuggie's Auntie that these are still very expensive....... I don't own their latest, Hot & Flashy (??), mostly because the title annoys me. I don't like it when a perfectly good workout is identified by reproductive status. Anyway, does anyone own that one? If so, any thoughts? Thanks!
Hot Flash Hottie - what an obnoxious title! I do have it. It's a little gentler, easier workout - a good place to start with their workouts if you aren't up to one of their other workouts.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-15, 07:42 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
I hear you. I really love this method, but it did take me a little to warm up to it. It's not your typical warm up, arms, thigh, seat, abs, stretch. It's similar but the upper body work is so much harder.
I agree that the upper body work in HSM is more difficult than in many barre workouts. HFH is one of their "gentler" workouts and their Total Body workout (wearing the red and black outfits) is fun and effective. I actually like all of their workouts. The HSM total body band workout sneaks up on you too.
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-15, 09:25 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
My sentiments exactly!! Have a real sale already!

No---their shipping rates are just high. Because it's not enough to gouge us with high dvd prices The coupon really only amounts to about free shipping. I'll continue to pass until they have a real sale. No way I'm paying "Boutique" pricing for barre classes when there are so many good instructors that are more reasonably priced. At least P57 has decent sales now and then. Love their latest 30min workouts
i agree they're pricey, but when I break it down to cost per workout, these are less than some of my P57 workouts. It definitely is a personal thing and it's fantastic we have so many choices!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-15, 11:44 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
i agree they're pricey, but when I break it down to cost per workout, these are less than some of my P57 workouts. It definitely is a personal thing and it's fantastic we have so many choices!!!
Agreed!! Cost per use factors in for sure. I think I just get turned off by what I consider to be "greedy" prices. I wish they would make themselves more accessible. It wouldn't kill them to put 1 DVD on special so that people could take a full size test run without breaking the bank. Still, we all get to vote with our purse strings so whatever the market will support....I'm also grateful for so many choices
Old 12-29-15, 01:14 PM  
woodie

Tried this last night (red pants) and absolutely loved it! I haven't been consistent with barre in a long time but this looks like it could be very effective.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 10:52 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Tried this last night (red pants) and absolutely loved it! I haven't been consistent with barre in a long time but this looks like it could be very effective.
I love that workout. So tough, but fun!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 11:17 PM  
Taiga

I ended up receiving an HSM 4-pack for Christmas but I haven't been able to get interested. I keep thinking I could have had 20 more HDM episodes for the same price! I tried one of the shorter ones but it wasn't particularly challenging. Maybe I'll make them my evening rotation for February. Is the red pants workout the most challenging of their dvds?
Old 02-29-16, 04:50 PM  
Dabbadooey

I recently looked at what they charge for classes in Charlotte and nearly fainted.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote