Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-08-20, 08:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I hope your assistant is negative. Echoing Donna's request to see a KCM beginner rotation. I didn't know she had one either. You made me chuckle with describing Cathe's idea of how many exercises is "good." How many streaming services will you work from next year?

Donna for someone who says she's in a rut you sure seem to mix together a nice set of workouts!

Cheri will you be able to go back to work without the test? I think we are all being exposed more than we realize.

Yesterday, I did the warmup, drills, shadowbox and stretch from Michael Olajide Boxing workout advanced. Wow he punches fast! The rounds all start slowly enough that I eventually stayed at the fastest pace I could with good form. It was a nice change from everything else I have been doing.

Hugs and waves to you Brenda and Donna!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 12:10 PM  
cherimac

TBL Graceful Strength

I am going to try to throw Robin into the mix a couple of days a week, along with PBL. In theory, I love JV, but I don't find myself reaching for her workouts that much. Probably because I prefer Lisa for body-focused routines. JV doesn't have a lot of full-body stuff, and the ones she has are longer. I think I will let that one go.

Donna and Linda: Yes, since Austin tested negative we weren't exposed to anything. Theoretically. As you said, I'm sure we are exposed a lot. There are many, many people who don't wear masks.
Old 10-08-20, 05:46 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was Amy Dixon Breathless body 1.

Hugs to all!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-09-20, 06:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday was an off day on the KCM rotation, and I had a 3+ hour class starting at 6, but I did

Walk - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC - Day 1 Pilates Foundations - 10 minutes

Back to KCM today. This rotation was done by someone on Kelly's Facebook group page using her DVDs. Most of the rotations I see for KCM these days use her streaming material.

Good news - my assistant's "exposure" turned out to be not an exposure - the person tested negative. I'm sure we will have more of that as time goes on.

Linda - No idea how many streaming services I will have next year. Probably no idea how many I have right now! I've already set a couple for non-renewal for next year.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beginners DVD Rotation 2020.pdf (65.5 KB, 53 views)
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I decided to try someone new today - Angie Fitness TV on You Tube. I have seen her before but her workouts always intimidated me for some reason - they look hard! But, I found an "over 40" program she did in April - so I decided to try the first workout which was low impact cardio. It wasn't bad or scary. I suspect is is easier than many things on her site, but that is ok. It was 30 minutes of low impact basic aerobics. After a warm-up you do one circuit of exercises, each for approx 1 minute, you then repeat that circuit (Angie doesn't do the second round live with you - it is repeated footage from the first round) and then there is a cool down. She offers options for adjusting the intensity throughout. At the end of it, I felt like it was a decent workout. For the second round, I followed her advice to increase intensity by holding light weights (1-3 lbs - I used 1 lb). So overall it was a good choice. I may give Day 2 a go tomorrow (upper body). I do feel that I baby myself too much sometimes and, let's face it, if I keep doing that I won't get stronger. The trick is figuring out what is enough, but not too much.

I finished up with yoga- Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga

I am taking the afternoon off today - yay - and I'm down to two weeks before I switch jobs again.

Carol - glad your assistant wasn't exposed! And, thanks for the rotation!!

Cheri - glad you are also not exposed...

Thanks, Linda - I just try to keep working out, even when I don't want to. It is such a part of my routine, it would be like not brushing my teeth.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 09:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol and Cheri glad you both dodged exposure. I just cancelled on a friend visit that our group had been planning since August bc the girl hosting it has been exposed. Stinks.

Carol thanks for posting that rotation..I don't do Facebook. I don't have many of those KCMs unfortunately. I think the only way I could do it I'd have to sub out quite a bit.

Donna two weeks is no time at all! You should throw your own Hasta la vista party to celebrate

Cheri lately, if I pick up a workout that interests me, I have been trying to make sure to purge one I'm not as thrilled with.

My upper body (upper back and lats) has some soreness from the boxing workout, I think. I will be doing CS and easy pilates today. I may just edit this post when I do.

ETA: Today was Ana Caban easy pilates on the 5 day fit pilates dvd followed by CS #616 Full body Stretch. I thought it would be the same routine that was on the Gaiam" Easy pilates" dvd that Caban did but it isn't. Turns out the Cardio pilates on this DVD is also different from the Caban Gaiam DVD "Cardio pilates. " Whoda thunk??

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-10-20 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Added today :-)
Old 10-10-20, 07:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Angie Fitness TV - Over 40 Program Day 2 - Upper Body. This was a very straightforward upper body workout. 10 exercises done circuit style - repeat the circuit once. no cardio. She used the same warm-up and cool down as in the first video and, like the first video, the second round of the circuit was just the same footage as the first. Can't complain - the workout is free. And, it was low dread and I got my upper body training in. So far, so good.

I also did Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Challenge Days 1 and 2. I really do like Kassandra's yoga. She doesn't talk too much and feels relaxing.

Hope everyone has a good day- happy weekend!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 08:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

KCM - 30 MTF Quick Fix Cardio Workout 1 - 25 minutes

This was pretty easy to keep low impact and there was a modifier (not Lauren, for those who remember her). 2 rather lengthy patterns taught TIFTT style. It did the job to get my heart rate up. A little boring, but not too bad. I'm pretty picky about what cardio keeps me interested.

Donna - Nice job on your workout. And thanks for the reviews on Angie Fitness - I'd seen that over 40 rotation but hadn't ever tried one of her workouts.

Linda - I think I have almost all of KCM's DVDs; one summer I did a KCM rotation in the mornings before work because I didn't have to get there until 9. It was great; I've hung onto those DVDs ever since, even though I haven't used them much. Awfully glad I dodged an exposure this week too. We've had over 500 cases in the last two days here and no one seems to know where they are coming from. Gaiam is a bit like the Firm was in terms of naming protocols - naming and renaming workouts on re-releases so you never know exactly what you are getting.

Waves to all ~ I'm planning on enjoying my 3 day weekend.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 08:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Stretch Sculpt DVD - 30min
JS Flow Cardio from Feel Good Fusion DVD - 35min

I've spent at least 30min this morning trying to select today's workout and nothing appealed to me so I've decided to revisit Ellen and Jessica. I've been so unmotivated and wishy-washy lately that I chose to fall back on my past favorites. I haven't done any Ellen or Jessica this year at all, so both workouts were a pleasant surprise. Nice, feel-good but oh so sneaky workouts.

Donna, couple of weeks ago I started Angie's Over 40 Program with Day 1 but I never made it to Day 2. They're not bad workouts but I just wasn't excited enough to continue with the program. Angie has some barefoot fusion workouts as well as rebounding which I previewed and may try at some point but at least nowadays, I can't seem to stick to anything long-term. I guess as long as I move every day doing something - it's better than nothing.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-10-20, 06:20 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

40 min. step & weights

I've been doing lots of stepping and walks lately.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote