Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-22-20, 10:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Perfect 10 (Lower Body selections: Volume 1, Program B: calves, hamstrings, quads; Volume 2 Program A: Inner thigh; Volume 2 Program B: calves and gluteus)

Hearing some of you talk about Margaret's Perfect 10 made me want to pull that DVD out. I did all lower body work and enjoyed it so thank you for inspiring me.

Beth, a mouth swab will be easiest of all so that's good.

Pam, I remember that your son is a chef. How great that your DH is a good cook too!
I hope the dry needling brings you some relief in your hip.

Carolyn, I previewed the Sarah Beth YouTube you did (Sarah Beth’s 15-Minute Relaxing Yoga for Anxiety & Stress Relief) and it looks nice so I bookmarked it.

Pat, I had to google gua sha stick because I didn't know what it was!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 03:20 PM  
Anny

Hi everyone, catching up on posts.

Happy (belated) birthday to Pam!

Carolyn I’ve tried that Sarah Beth practice before and it felt good.

Sandra glad to hear you have your car back.

Pat I love walks on the beach.

Beth good luck with the COVID test. I had the IntenSati workout but gave it away as I only did it a few times and it didn’t gel with me.

The last few days I have been doing a short yoga practice in the morning before work and then another short workout in the evening - either a Joyce Vedral weights routine, YWA yoga, or body weight exercise from Mark Lauren or using the old RCAF XBX routine. This seems to be good for me right now, with my busy work schedule and extra marking of assignments in the evenings.
Old 10-22-20, 05:01 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

My neighbor is coming over so I'm rushed. I did intervals on the rowing machine. I was testing to see if the shoulder could handle it. It made the shoulder feel great! Also, I did Beth's morning yoga on the floor.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm pretty sure my covid test is a saliva test (mouth swab) because it's pooled testing, not individual. The annoying thing about that is that if someone else tests positive, we all get retested!

Carolyn I forgot that your college is doing mostly digital classes. I've found that some of the students I work with have mostly online or hybrid classes, but it seems like those in the science majors have more in-person.

Linda glad the morning yoga is working for you! Let us know when you find out your test results.

Anny yeah IntenSati is definitely quirky! We'll see if I get tired of it.

Pat glad you enjoyed your massage! Paine, I also Googled gua sha stick. Pat, I'm surprised you liked that given that you hate the deadly therapy balls!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 08:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone and TGIF! Last night I tried the actual workout 1 from Shakti Warrior, Embody and Activate. Wow - loved it despite not loving a rib cage isolation she called Rising Sun or something like that. I had a horrible computer tension headache from the project at work and spent the rest of the evening resting. Thank goodness for Tylenol PM.

Everyone have a lovely Friday!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 01:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s offerings:
~WOW: Hocus Pocus walk, 10 min only as too repetitive. Spicy Pumpkin Walk, 30 min & much more fun
~short walk in the city
~Legs up the wall & gentle figure 4 as per my PT
~Steps: 10,537

DH & I are staying in the city for two nights, a staycation of sorts to celebrate DS1 & my birthdays. He was born on my birthday 37 years ago.....I must be getting old! Our condo is rented so we are staying at a lovely hotel by the harbour, strict Covid protocols in place. It’s a bit eerie, the hotel & harbour area are like a ghost town, none of the usual coming & going of ferries & seaplanes. We sat outside for drinks and appies last night, nice but a bit chilly even with heaters on.

Pat - I’m glad you enjoyed SW lesson 1 & hope you feel better today!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 03:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's "Workout": Freedom Restoration Hand & Elbow Workout A.

My intent this month was to augment my Margaret weight workouts with stretching and additional core work. Basically hasn't happened and I'm starting to feel it. I really can't neglect it since my job in these Covid times has become very physical. I chose today's routine because my hands felt kind of sore and crampy this morning. I may lay off weights for the rest of this month and just focus on stretching and rehab/prehab.

Speaking of Covid times, earlier today I talked with one of our library shelvers. The shelvers (who are not considered "career" employees) were furloughed when we shut down back in March. Due to budget uncertainties there are no plans to bring them back anytime soon. This shelver, who is otherwise retired, told me she expects one more unemployment check, and then after that she'll only have her Social Security -- which doesn't cover her rent and utilities. She "joked" about finding a good shopping cart and camping down by the creek. I *hate* Covid!!

Beth: Great Wednesday funny! Good luck with the Covid test.

Paine: Glad you are not missing the snow and cold!

Sherry: How frustrating re the server error! Also sorry to hear you are having problems getting straight answers out of your library. One thing that might be a factor is that many library systems (including mine) outsource their telephone operations to a national third party company. Of course the staff is *supposed* to know the answers to these kinds of questions, but I've found that unfortunately this isn't always the case.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 04:26 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did speed and hill intervals on the recumbent bike. I got on the bike to warm-up for working lower body but I got carried away. Now that my legs are fried, leg day is tomorrow. I also did Beth's Yoga Class to Labor-LESS Chair. The twists felt great on my shoulders. After my sweetie goes to work I want do Cathe's Pure Strength back, biceps, and abs.

Beth - thank you for doing your YouTube channel. I already have another class picked out for tomorrow.

Sandra - I feel bad for the shelver at your library. I know she needs more than SS provides. My sweetie talks about quitting his job to move up here with me. He has 10 years to retirement. He's going to need the pension from the job to supplement social security. He could transfer to another state-run facility but the closest one to me would be over an hour commute. Sometimes I think people don't realize they can't live on SS alone. And then a virus comes along and ruins things for people that can't do their job.

Anny - I decided to hold off on Joyce until I build more muscle with Cathe.

No one called today regarding my test results or to schedule surgery.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 06:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Continuing with my gentle week..... We went swimming with our granddaughters at the hotel pool. It’s a big 25m pool & a kiddie pool. They allow about 10 people in at a time for an hour & they check your temperature before you go in. You have to book a time slot ahead. Then they clean the pool deck & change rooms for the next group. We avoided the change rooms completely. I’m doing legs up the wall & figure 4 at the wall as per my PT.

Sandra - Your co-worker’s situation is so sad, Covid has taken its toll on so many with no end in sight! We feel very fortunate to be retired on a secure pension. We try to support local business as much as we can, but it’s sad to see many still go under with all the job losses that result. Our area relies heavily on tourism that is just not happening.

I hope you hear your results soon Linda.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 08:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, sounds like you are giving your body what it needs. Swimming with the grandkids sounds lovely!

Linda, sorry you still don't have your test results; I'm sure the waiting is frustrating. Glad you are still enjoying my videos! I might try to do another tomorrow (so get in any requests now, haha).

Aww, Sandra, I feel for your co-worker. It's humbling to think that every single person on Earth has been impacted by this pandemic--although obviously some more than others.

Pat are you still doing the same tough transcribing project? Hope it ends soon! I think I am going to purchase Shakti Warrior this weekend.

Hope everyone finds something to bring a little into their lives this weekend.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote