Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-20, 05:39 PM  
Helen

Monday morning - reporting for Sunday evening:
ETA Pilates Australia - Luscious Legs - 3 sections

Took ages to find DVD player software for free & to download (slooooowwwww), but succeeded in the end.
YouTube would have faltered, I expect, due to the patchy nature of the service out here.

Did it in the kitchen - only place now with :
1) powerpoint
2) space enough to move (bedroom/TV/office is very cramped)
3) non-gravel floor (Yes, one large room has had the floorboards lifted & rough gravel put down to stop snakes - they don't like gravel on their belly). Alice doesn't like that room - hesitates to enter, and when she does, RUNS through to the other side. Bit weird.

CLEDA
Oh there's SO much on YouTube now!! People can make a decent living as a "YouTuber""! - for music, fitness, opinion, ....
Checking your log - you just bumped that bar back up quite a bit higher again.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 12:31 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone, sorry to be MIA again!
I hope you are all doing well!

Oct 1:
~Taught Essentrics
~Pilates Barre Class on Band - yet another chat & video chat app
~cardio: 30 min rebounding & 15 min on Maxi Glider
~Standing Yoga Poses for Hips (YT)
~Steps: 8880

Oct 2:
~30 min on Maxi Glider
~YBB AM Latte - just for something completely different!
~headstand practice
~steps: 9636

Oct 3:
~Essentrics Precho 11: standing half
~Cardio: Neighbourhood walk, 30 min rebounding, & 2000 steps in 16 min (YT) - my WOW sub is on hold while I decide if I want to spring for a year...
~Neck hammock, acupressure, & yin with a forward bend & hip opening focus
Steps: 11,789

Oct 4:
~2 Essentrics classes, morning & evening for the first day of a 2 day virtual retreat. VFer JackieB taught the evening class, it was lovely & flowy
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT Core
~Cardio: 30 min rebounding & 20 min on Maxi Glider
~Steps: 10,061

Waves to all & I’ll catch up on personals soon!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 03:53 AM  
Helen

Mon., 5th Oct.
50min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sweat B + Ab Ripper B, with buddy on FaceTime.

Bit rough having to do it in the kitchen with a 12" tablet but it worked well enough. Had a rug down for the abs. If you don't hear from me - start worrying !! because I fully intend to be BACK TOMORROW!!

Hi PAM - we knew you'd be back!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-05-20, 04:33 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
If you don't hear from me - start worrying !! because I fully intend to be BACK TOMORROW!!

This made me giggle - cuz it's not like any of us can hop in our cars and check on you. Or call you or anything like this!!! But ... we do fully expect you to show up and be here. Every day. From now until the end of the year. (or at least do a workout every day!)
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

So Helen has something to read

This might help to keep me posting on a daily basis!!!

I am almost done with week #7 of the Power Zone challenge. Week #8 should be a taper week. Even the really tough rides this week (and so far, there have been 2) have been quite doable. I feel a definite difference in strength and recovery time. This is all good. Looking forward to recess though (even though I've done a lot of additional workouts through this whole challenge!)

Good to see you Pam! Such great consistency!!!

Ok, waves to all and on to me, me and all me.

10/4/2020:
Barre 5 minute warm up, Power Zone 60 minutes with Matt. (this was a tough ride - but again - I felt great and I did average 19 mph through the whole ride, so I'm good with that. My average cadence was also 81, which is way up from when I first started - probably in the upper 60s and low 70s, so I'm seeing great improvement there as well. All good things!) It went for Zone 4 for 6 minutes and then the next 8 minutes was zone 3 for 45 seconds, zone 6 for 15 seconds. anyway ... I did it with Nancy and I felt great. Followed it up with 30 minutes of Olivia's Power Zone (extra credit) and then did some more Barre (for the badge) and then did 10 minutes of Upper Body strength with Adrian (10 mins) and of course, the usual cool down ride and post ride stretches. Life is good!

Autumn is here with cooler temps.
Eeeeek ... Time is marching forward way too quickly.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 08:31 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

10/4 - 30 min. Advanced Beginner Spin with Dennis Morton. I like him, good form pointers and great demeanor.
1 mile with Leslie's crew, without Leslie.
5 min. Post Ride Stretch
dog walk

We visited DD yesterday to drop off some Halloween decorations and her hubby was off picking up their Peloton. She seemed to think it was a good deal because it came w/ 2 pairs of shoes in their sizes, 2 heart rate monitors and something else. I thought the price was high, but in these times I guess not.

Helen - glad you made it to the farm safely. Gravel floor to discourage snakes? That's funny that Alice doesn't like walking on it. As far as my sleep, I have no idea what my problem is. Some nights I wake up and stay awake for 2+ hours, some nights I wake frequently, but get back to sleep. It's very frustrating.
Cleda - Your consistency with the bike is definitely paying off in marked improvements! That's one reason I am making it a goal to do at least 2 rides a week. Some day I may reach your level, but as long as I keep getting distracted by everything else, I don't see it happening.
Pam - glad to see you posting! Quite impressive mix of workouts.

2/15 virgins/dustbunnies

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 11:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 5:
~Taught Essentrics this morning & did a class on FB this afternoon with an instructor from Montana, last one if the virtual retreat
~7 km trail walk
~Steps: 12,779

Lili - My sleep is hit & miss, one of the joys of menopause I guess. I’m trying a new tea called Nighty Night....will see if it helps...

Cleda - Your consistency is amazing, way to go with the latest challenge!

Awaiting your return Helen! I’ve crammed my workouts in all sorts of odd little spots when we were traveling, definitely makes one adaptable! Hoping I get to do it again some day.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-06-20, 03:48 AM  
Helen

I'm home! Thanks for thinking of giving me something to read Cleda!
Haven't unpacked the car yet - had students posting questions for me to do just as I was leaving, so got home, brewed a coffee (still not poured) and went to desk / computer to do their questions - hence being here; my VERY NEXT thing!

Trip was uneventful, which is a good thing - 8-3/4 hrs door to door.

LILI
Some nights I get woken with a hot flush a dozen times, sometimes only about 5, which is more typical. Mostly I'm instantly wide awake, but after about 10min I'm feeling cool again, pull up the covers & go back to sleep.
Do you also get restless legs? That's been happening more to me lately - taking hours to settle enough to sleep, like by 3am. That's worse than the flushes.

DH is in the process (for several YEARS) of removing & replacing the house. Bits at a time, so he still has an actual house to be in. He's down to having:
1) kitchen
2) bedroom/TV/desk room
3) laundry/bathroom

The floors are/were dangerously brittle/broken - those still in place are covered in vinyl but you can feel them wobble as you walk. Another room has had the floorboards removed & a concrete floor poured over in-floor heating coils; and another has just had the floorboards removed & gravel to discourage snakes. Yes, there have been times where he's had his feet up outside with morning tea, finished & gone to put his feet down & a snake was under his chair - oh, might read the news a little bit longer. We get Eastern Brown snakes (deadly poison AND aggressive, ~5 ft long) and red-bellied black snakes (also very poisonous but not deadly & not aggressive, except towards the browns , ~4 ft long), so we prefer the red-bellys. Having snakes around stops getting mice, rats, & rabbits in large numbers.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-06-20, 05:32 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I remembered you saying the snakes are all poisonous, aggressive is scary! Our snakes in Delaware are all harmless, which is good, since Tally makes it her mission to kill any snakes in our yard.
Pam - the joys of the internet and working out with people from all over! Let me know if the tea helps.

Sleep issues and menopause seem to go hand in hand. I have taken Magnesium supplements the last 2 nights. Night 1, no help, but last night it really seemed to help. I'll try again tonight and see.

10/5 -
dog walk
Kettlenetics Cardio Balanced
10/6 -
dog walk
10 min Pre Run Walk
Shaun T's Rockin' Body Disco Groove

At the end of the nice stretch on Kettlenetics yesterday, my knee locked up, causing some serious pain. It has happened before and it only lasts a few seconds. During the warm up walk today, the same knee felt wonky several times, so I decided to ditch the planned run/walk and do a floor workout. I was afraid of having an incident on a moving treadmill.

3/15 virgins/dustbunnies

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 08:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 6:
~Taught Essentrics
~Cardio: neighbourhood walk & 30 min rebounding
~Essentrics Barre class on the Band app
~Neck release with Yoga Tune Balls.....hurts so good!
~Steps: 10,025.....just made it!

I’m closing in on Essentrics saturation with 6 classes in 3 days. I shall take a break tomorrow.

Helen - I remember being warned about snakes down under, but we didn’t see any the entire 2 months we were there. We have harmless garter snakes here and lots of spiders. Most are relatively harmless.

Lili - The jury is out on the tea, I’ll keep you posted. I’ve been taking magnesium for quite a while and I do think it helps somewhat. I sleep okay SOME nights, but I’d like it to be MOST nights.

Waves to Cleda & hope all is well with Kay!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn