Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-20, 03:01 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Cher, that would be neat to have a puppy to play with that's so close. I miss having a dog, much as I love my cat. I try not to obsess over the step count any more, either, but it's always in the back of my mind.

DJ, how was the Jessica workout you did get? The balance part sounds yoga-ish.

Last night I did the Walk Party, but a different one than the one I did a couple of times before. It was good, faster in a couple of parts.

This morning, the treadmill a few times, and some of a Body Project cardio somebody mentioned on GD. It was fun, and I added it to my list of things to go back and do.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:18 AM  
Cher

Thursday’s workout was KCM Body Training workout #1. On Friday it was so nice outside in the morning, I just couldn’t pass up one last (unbundled up) walk outside. It ended up being about an hour. By afternoon clouds came in, wind started blowing and temps dropped about 20 degrees. 😟. Yesterday was my own shortened up mix of Cathe’s Terminator The Viper workout. I did the first two intervals as is skipping the lower body work, then the last 2 intervals I did just the IMax 2 step combos & upper body. Brought the workout down to about 50 minutes from 1 hour 20 minutes.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 01:14 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Cher, that's still a long workout!
I remember when I love doing over an hour at a time, but I doubt I'll get back to that.

All I've been doing is treadmill and YouTube walks. I did some to Dancing With the Stars, 5 most viewed dances - I used to love that show a few years back. There was one with the "juniors" which I never watch, and one with people I'd never seen. My favorite had (can't recall his name) doing the Carlton, to Tom Jones. I loved the Fresh Prince growing up!

Happy Saturday

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:27 AM  
Cher

I had to be at my SIL’s to take care of my MIL early this morning so just did a quick walking workout off YouTube......Rick Bhuller Fitness 20 Minute Fast Walk.

My sister got bad news.....her cancer is active again. (She has kidney cancer.......it’s been in remission for about 5 years). We’re not sure what exactly the next step is. Possibly surgery. We are not sure how bad it is yet. It did not show up in her CT scan in Sept but her back was hurting then and has just gotten worse so she called her doctor back and insisted something was wrong. (Her original doctor retired in June so she has a new doctor....Sept was the first time she had gone to the new doctor). This doctor sent her for an ultrasound which showed nothing so my sister insisted on an MRI. Thank goodness for her persistence because the MRI is what showed the cancer.
Old 10-27-20, 09:35 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Cher ~ So sorry to hear about your sister’s cancer.

Glavtx ~ The write-up for Total Body Balance (Jessica Smith) says: “A body in balance is a body that feels as good as it looks! This series of routines … will help you create a well-rounded program …” So “balance” is referring to “well-rounded” not stability. I didn’t do the whole workout, just the cardio and the sculpting. I like her upbeat attitude.

I find that if I work out for an hour or longer at a time, it wrecks me for the rest of the day. I like to keep it to 45 minutes.

Yesterday I did Tom Holland’s Total Body Workout again. I keep doing it because it’s quick and efficient. My physical therapist says that when I do this workout, I don’t need to add additional PT exercises. She didn’t recommend the workout to me, I just told her about it.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 05:45 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Perfect 30 Pump Lower Body. I did the preview with the main workout, bonus add-on and extended stretch. I really liked it. No repeats and not a million reps. This one will get used a lot!

DJ - I think I would do Tom Holland’s workout if I could skip th PT exercises too! Sometimes my workouts tire me out for the day too.
Old 10-28-20, 07:24 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Worked out to Petra Kolber's Dance Step this morning, followed by Day 2 of 5 Day Abs (The Firm) and some PT exercises. Dance Step was the fun part.

I finally made an appointment for at least one more PT appointment. I'm still having a bit of pain that I'm concerned about and want to get their assessment.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
Old 10-29-20, 06:16 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Perfect Hiit Pyramid Cardio Hiit Bonus....19 minutes and includes the warm-up and short stretch. Nice little bonus. You can make this one as hard or easy as you want by the step height you use (or can easily use no step) or how much jumping you want to do. It’s pretty basic moves done pyramid style (20 seconds twice, 25 seconds twice,30 seconds once, then back down) and not any complicated step moves. I just used my step platform and did some jumping to try it out. Since I’m not a Hiit fan at all, this bonus premix has probably saved the dvd for me and made it worth keeping for me, it’s about my Hiit tolerance. 🤣 I still haven’t tried either of the main workouts yet. I plan on trying the Low Impact Hiit next week.....can’t guarantee I will ever try High Impact Hiit though. 😉 Lol. After doing this premix, I did Perfect Flow Mobility Basics. It was okay. Different from anything I already have so that’s good.

DJ - I’m not sure if I have that Petra or not. I will have to look.

Going up to my parents cabin this weekend to help them close up for winter. So sad another summer is over.
Old 10-31-20, 08:39 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Yesterday: The Firm Tough Tape 2, plus PT exercises

PT appointment eased my anxiety about the pain I was experiencing. I got some explanation (not scar tissue but muscle movement and strength) plus a few exercises to help. It's so much better already.

Old 11-01-20, 09:43 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Yesterday I pulled out Petra Kolber's Last Step and did the first segment, using a lower step (no risers), backing up and slowing down to try to learn the steps. It took longer and still got my heart rate up. Then I did some PT exercises.

Tags
miracle mile