Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-20, 10:20 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I wonder if the number of "forbidden" topics contributes? One thread that was thought-provoking was shut down, much to my disappointment. I might be in the minority but I enjoy a spirited exchange of opinions, so long as everyone remains respectful.
Yes, that's how I feel, too! I learn so much from respectful dissent. I do wish we were given a little more latitude, but I understand the mods wanting to limit the drama.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 04:16 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
...I understand the mods wanting to limit the drama.
Honestly I get tired of pot stirrers. When they get involved it isn't a discussion any more. People stir the pot for all sorts of reasons, not all of them very respectful.

I'm still part of a very small group leftover from another forum. Once in a while people bring up really sensitive/serious things and it's truly remarkable how helpful, gentle and respectful we can be, even as we speak our minds.

I can totally understand how a group this large would have trouble managing that sort of discussion.
Old 05-12-20, 07:04 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Some folks left after a big dust up years ago.

I didn't even belong to the "Belly Busters" Check-In, but I used to read it. That one is long gone and I miss it.

I know of some former VFers who had health issues that made them temporarily or permanently unable to work out like they used to. They felt like they didn't have much to talk about on a fitness forum.

I've been having some chronic pain issues that have caused me to post less.

(You can't get rid of me though, much to some folks dismay! )
You know I am one of them. Sigh.

I miss how I feel or felt doing the original Firms. The excitement of a new series. And I still have a lot of DVDs and a few VHS.

Mostly it causes me to be just anti social and isolate myself.

But kids are good. Husband is good. The freaking now seven pets are okay. One of our cats is seeing the vet. She’s been sneezing productively for weeks.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 08:23 PM  
counterclockwise

Smile

I’m here! Lol

I stopped posting for a long time because I think I either stopped working out or stopped doing videos for a while, don't really remember.

But yeah it’s very different with the world of YouTube, no Firms or exciting workout sets coming out (besides Beachbody), etc. I still like it here though.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 11:45 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm doing very well!

I am hoping to come back. Four years ago I was diagnosed with a cancer called Mulitple Myeloma. I am now in complete remission, but it has taken a lot to get here. I have been going to physical therapy, but since the quarantine I decided to look at my videos and books. Many of my videos are beyond me now, but there are many I can still do. Hope I can begin doing them on a regular basis.
Old 05-12-20, 11:55 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

So glad to see you, Jane P! I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I'm glad you're in remission!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 05:31 AM  
Carol K

Welcome back, Jane! So happy to hear you are in complete remission. I have a friend with multiple myeloma who will be on chemo for the rest of his life, so I know you have been through a lot to get where you are.
Old 05-13-20, 08:45 AM  
laurajhawk

Welcome back, Jane! I'm glad you are doing well after that diagnosis. I remember you from the VF "old days".

I'm spending more time in VF lately just because the other social media are getting tiresome and aggravating.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome back Jane! It sounds like you've been through an awful lot. Continued good health to you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-20, 08:50 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Jane! That’s such great news! Your remission - and your coming back!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity