Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-03-20, 01:00 PM  
Jules

Super Monday! I had a few treats yesterday for the Super Bowl, but nothing too crazy and no hangover today.

I did Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio today and it was fun, especially the step portion. My left achilles is a bit sore now, but that always happens when I first start ramping up my cardio routine. I may wrap it with an elastic bandage for at the next couple weeks whenever I do high impact.

Yesterday I did BodyPump 102 and it was challenging. My legs are feeling it today.

Waves to all!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 12:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules! Love your workouts! I love Body Combat 58! I even paid $$$ to get the full instructor's set from eBay. I'm crazy for Combat!
I sure hope you stay well! You have a tough job when it comes to working around sick people.

Super Bowl was great! What a fun game to watch, the commercials were great (most of them) and the Halftime show was amazing! Shows was "older" women can do! Shakira!! Holy !@#! She's got the moves and looks amazing for 43. J-Lo, no slouch!

I have MIC on my rotation soon. So fortunate to have gotten these extra Cathe workouts! Older or not, they stand the test of time.

However, today I did LMOD Body Attack 106. I noticed yesterday that it was brand new on the site and it immediately replaced my planned cardio which I moved to Thurs.
GREAT release! Back on stage with some familiar participants. Lisa, Big Ben and two more awesome instructors. Totally fun, I nailed a lot of the high impact moves, modified sometimes and was a sweaty mess. I'm really feeling my butt..jumping lunges.
Good toning tracks too. I loved the ab moves. A really good release!

Keep up the great work!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 12:02 PM  
Jules

Good morning. I am checking in with an hour of cycling from Studio Sweat. It was an intense ride with Rebecca - she is always tough.Yesterday, I did Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. This is one of my favorite "feel-good" workouts.

Kate - I hope you have fun with MIC. I find that I enjoy Cathe's older workouts so much more than the newer ones. The music is usually better in my opinion, and there is plenty of fun choreography. The new Body Attack sounds great!
Old 02-05-20, 02:27 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday!
Jules: I notice that also, that older Cathe's have better tunes. That's not make or break for me, but it does make the workouts more fun.

Today I did Cathe Step Boss PHA3 again. I just did it a few weeks ago and really liked it. This time the speed between sets didn't catch me off guard. I had all my weights and stuff ready. I also did the Bonus Abs and Stretch this time and they were great! The core work uses your risers from the step and it's so fun!
I still went quite a bit heavier than Cathe on all the moves. For me, her weights just aren't challenging enough. Like Cathe using 5s for shoulder raises. I used 10s. And that's what makes it a great workout for me. And it really raises the HR.

So Feb will be a mix of Cathe, Michelle D and whatever else I feel like. All fun stuff!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 02-06-20, 05:02 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Cathe day again. Today I did Intensity. Holy! I did this one ages ago when I subscribed to her streaming workouts and I liked it but forgot how challenging it was.

First half is all pretty high intensity step cardio but the choreo was easy enough to catch on to. I only flubbed a little. The second half is all hi impact and then low impact cardio. Whew! It felt great though. My legs were heavy and I didn't jump as high as I think I could have, but it was all good. HR was up there!

BTW I am still meditating every day. I love myself and everyone else a lot better when I do that.
I'm also still fitting in some Yoga almost every day. At least every week day. I count my blessings that I have the ability to workout twice a day. LOVE that!

Have a goodie!

Old 02-07-20, 12:22 PM  
Jules

Wow! This week went by quick! I just did another one of my favorite workouts- Cathe's CrossFire + Core. It was really good. Yesterday I did BodyPump 98. My legs are not too sore today so I guess I am starting to adapt to the higher intensity workouts.

I was surprised that I was actually excited to work out this morning, which hasn't happened much in the past year. I always enjoy how I feel after, of course, but I was losing my enthusiasm to get started each day. I think my new hormone therapy is the key. i am sleeping so much better now. I still have insomnia and night sweats here and there, but for the most part I am sleeping much more deeply and even sleep thru the night a few times per week. Also, my skin is less dry and my eyebrows are growing back in. I still have some brain fog though. Maybe I need to start meditating?

Kate - Intensity was aptly named, right? Nice job! I always feel accomplished after that one. I don't know why Cathe has the METs set for 7 on her workout manager for that one... it is a 9 for me. I still haven't tried PHA 3 but I will put it in my rotation soon.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-07-20, 02:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF everyone!

Jules: More great workouts for you too girl! I have Crossfire too and will get to it eventually. No boredom for me.
I'm glad you are doing better. It's always nice to feel more 'normal'. I'm ALL for meditation! If you are interested you could check out the free IT (Insight Timer) app. I have used it for nearly 4 years and love it. You don't have to upgrade at all and you still get access to lots of great teachers. If you decide to go that way I can recommend my favs. ;-)

Today I felt like more cardio but my legs felt heavy still. Cathe really worked my legs this week I guess. LOL
I popped in Les Mills Body Jam 39. Pretty old but some fun dance cardio. Although I got a bit flubbed up on some of the choreo, it was still fun. Disco moves and Bollywood moves..I love that! I look like a dork but have fun and got a nice sweat on.

Next week more Cathe, Michelle and Group Rx. So far... ;-)

Old 02-09-20, 04:00 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! Just did Cathe's Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit plus core work. I kept the weights light today as this one is a real burner. I'm subbing tomorrow morning for one of the other special ed aides, and my daughter has basketball after school, so I don't know if I will get in a workout tomorrow or not. That's why I went for it today. Maybe I will do BodyMax 2 on Tuesday to really kick things up a notch.
Old 02-10-20, 05:53 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Monday. I think.

Jules: any of the BodyMax workouts are wicked. And I have Hardcore Extreme on my list...some day. ;-)

Today I did Cathe's Pure Strength. I did both the Upper Body workouts - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, Back/Biceps/Abs. By cutting out one cool down and one warmup, it fit just right. I went heavy and actually think I could have gone a bit heavier on some of the chest and back work for sure. But it was a nice basic weight lifting workout. Maybe a bit dated with the clothes and hair, but still the same great Cathe.
Tomorrow I'll do PS Strong Legs & Abs.

Have a great week!

Old 02-11-20, 10:13 AM  
Jules

Hi Kate. Pure Strength is great! Just the right amount of reps. i enjoy sit-and-stands and the short ball segment at the end of the leg workout. The ab work is a little dated, but I still do it.

I was planning on doing BodyMax 2 today, but I have another little head cold going on...my throat was sore last night and I have some congestion this morning. I think I will just do BodyPump 86 instead and call it good. My son's class has a downhill ski day tomorrow and I am taking the day off to go, so I don't want to push it too hard today.