Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-14, 06:13 PM  
rheash92

Looking for a metabolic focussed rotation after Body Revolution

i just finished Body Revolution and really loved it. Got some good results too. I love how BR includes weights, bands, bodyweight and cardio. I'm looking for a metabolic focussed rotation to start in Jan. I don't want something super advanced and it should be low to medium impact. Some high impact is ok. I was thinking about Xtrain but I don't really want too much weight only workouts.

I'm waiting for reviews on Body Shred and 20 min body. but other than that what is a good system?

What is a good rotation to do? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 08:01 PM  
Tugger31

The first thing that came to mind was Lindsi Sanor's Ultimatum. I know it is listed as "advanced" at Mary's site but I find this one easy to modify because you really just go at your own pace. I really enjoy the workouts.

Other workouts that came to mind were the original FIRM classics and JNL Fusion.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 08:09 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I would suggest taking a look at some of the workouts put out by Men's Health. I really like both DeltaFit Speed Shred & MH60 programs and think both of these would fit your criteria. In either program there's either a modifier or you can stick with an earlier progression of the exercise.

Recently there was a coupon code CUSTOMER25 for ordering from the Rodale website to get 25% off your order.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 08:44 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post

Other workouts that came to mind were the original FIRM classics and JNL Fusion.
I agree with this. I did JNL Fusion right after Body Revolution and thought it fit well. If Jillian's personality doesn't bother you then you should be okay with JNL. I think they are both fun but I know they can grate on some peoples' nerves.
Old 12-21-14, 09:35 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I would suggest taking a look at some of the workouts put out by Men's Health. I really like both DeltaFit Speed Shred & MH60 programs and think both of these would fit your criteria. In either program there's either a modifier or you can stick with an earlier progression of the exercise.

Recently there was a coupon code CUSTOMER25 for ordering from the Rodale website to get 25% off your order.
I love JMBR. I love DeltaFit (Phase 1A is too easy though). P90X3 is like the continuation of JMBR, if you want more challenge.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 10:23 PM  
horusosiris

I would suggest Delta Fit (I really like this program) or 21 Day Fix. Brett's soon to be released workout series may also be good.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-14, 07:44 PM  
rheash92

P90X3 might be a little too hard for me. But I like the idea of Deltafit or Ultimatum. MH60 also looks interesting. I have to look up if there are any breakdowns of the workout.

Thanks all for the reply. This helps a lot.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-14, 08:52 PM  
katmom

I second Tugger's suggestion about Ultimatum. It was easy enough to modify and I used the rebounder for some of the high impact moves.
Old 12-22-14, 09:56 PM  
buffmama

Tracey Staehle has 2 metabolic DVDs. One is strength and one is metabolic conditioning. Each has 3 workouts. Not a rotation per se but might work.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 07:29 AM  
s2546

Katami 4 x4 Set and Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Set or separate DVDs seem metabolic.

Sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body revolution, delta fit, jmbr, metabolic, mh60