Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-20, 06:00 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

It’s interesting looking at the birthday section, recognizing old names and then looking to see when they posted last. Just did that this morning for Anne Pepitome and pakavadi Wow! Loooong time!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 06:01 AM  
Carol K

But you're here, Joni and I remember you from 1997, when I discovered this board in it's original format.
Old 06-09-20, 12:54 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Between a fatiguing neuro-muscular condition that never was diagnosed and now meniscus tears in both knees, I'm decidedly unfit. But I still use the forum as a resource reading about some piece of fitness equipment that showed up in my news feed.

I've gone for weekly training sessions since the knee problem, doing exercises I can do, since there are so many I can't. Since the pandemic I've done weekly teletraining, and my trainer makes good use of my Fitdesk and Bellicon as warm-ups.

Don't get me started on...the world.
Hope everyone is well and stayed well. Hi V-V.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 04:56 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
But you're here, Joni and I remember you from 1997, when I discovered this board in it's original format.
They can’t get rid of me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 12:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G. View Post
Don't get me started on...the world.
Hope everyone is well and stayed well. Hi V-V. ...
Hi Susan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
They can’t get rid of me.
It wold NOT be VF without you, Joni!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 11:33 AM  
baba

I don't have anything to add except this was my first foray into forums and I have always enjoyed it here. I am not as active as I used to be either but I always come and check here for wisdom!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 03:24 PM  
Bebop

Hi,

I just logged on and saw this thread. I'm here still.

I don't post as much as I used to because I'm not as collecting as much as I used to - but I still use my DVD's and work out regularly.

I had a couple of injuries - finally they are manageable and I'm back to my usual routine.

Was using a personal trainer - Corona Virus - ended that - went back to Cathe - loving the LITE series - one of her best - been using the rotations. Now I'm back into Cathe again. LOL Even going to pre-order the new one.

I'm going to start a new thread that may bring back the "vintage members"
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-23, 11:25 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I’m friends with quite a few people on Facebook who haven’t posted here in years. I’m not sure why. Back in the 90s we were all part of a Strength Check-in that might even have been the first check-in here - looong since defunct. We all went to fitness conferences together, Cathe trips, Christi trips, Kari Anderson trips, etc. We got to be really good friends. And the Friday night VF chats that Wendy set up - sometimes we even had audio - were so much fun.

Way back when I was one of the early moderators (several of us were), there was quite a bit of tension and issues with various posters (not you, Alta). I think some of those who left just got tired of it all. I don’t even remember the fascia blaster brouhaha. This was other stuff and troublesome posters. People from other boards infiltrating and purposely causing problems. People creating totally false personas, sometimes multiple ones. It was pretty bad for a while.

Fun Fact: I’ll bet lots of VFers don’t know that Brenda from Cathe workouts was an early VFer and first met Cathe with us on a VF-only Cathe trip (as all the Cathe trips used to be).

Lots and lots of good VF memories but, as everything does, VF changed with time. I’m really grateful for all the good friends I made here, some of whom I’ve never even met (you again, Alta)! I consider it a very important and wonderful chapter of my life.
And who remembers that I actually planned that very first Cathe trip back in 1998?!

I pop in from time to time when I have a question but my Morning Madness check-in kind of died out, though there are a few who migrated to a Facebook group.

I think in 1998, communication like this was one of the only games in town. So much has changed in twenty-five years!

DonnaH
Old 02-24-23, 09:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
This is so true! I used to enjoy the Beachbody message board, but it's been years since I've seen any actual discussion on there. It's mostly coaches and a few trolls.
I dug out a Yoga Booty Ballet the other day and it begins with "Please log into WOWY dot com now so your Super Tracker can record your workout." I miss WOWY, and the great boards at BB. They were so motivating. Kathy Smith used to post in the Project You board and share her workouts and lots of motivation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 01:32 PM  
suzysoho

I am a long time lurker and will come here to the very end, and I truly hope it never ends. I so appreciate all you ladies who post, give advise, and make great recommendations and offer opinions. I am dealing with a probable knee replacement soon. Injuries make it hard. Yet I still lurk. I am not a Facebook user nor do I stream. I have so many DVD's I won't tell anyone how many I have. And I will keep them all regardless. I hope VF stays around for many more years to come. It's nostalgic but also a place to come to talk about our fitness life. I hope it stays around honestly. I occasionally post, but I am a lurker at heart. Thanks to all of you, I'm glad to hear from others that people are still coming around. The best to everyone, regardless!

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity