Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-20, 06:40 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Carol - Yes, that workout was a bit too fussy for me...Not sure if I would do it again. That is some crazy weather. We have had a pretty mild winter here. Not complaining!!! I know, I go through my "this can't be enough" thoughts as well.

Christine - Yes, that is Jessica's new workout for this month - it was ok, but not one I would reach for again. I'll have to look for Theresa's DVDs!

And yes, I'm much happier to have DD stressing over real stuff....she just switched into AP Psych so she has to make up all the work she missed. Once she is caught up it will be easier to stay on top of it. I'm happy she decided to take AP - I'm taking it as a good sign that she feels confident enough to challenge herself.

I'm going to do my Essentrics now - or maybe Jane Adams, LOL!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 07:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was 3 week yoga retreat Wk#1 stretch; BOS 2; 10 MS Pil for beginners stretch segment. Was feeling nostalgic

Today was Cathe push pull total body premix. Boy I wish more instructors would do premixes on DVDs to expand their usefulness. Guess it's too late now since so few produce any.

All we have is rain and more rain. I have a feeling we will have lots of bugs this summer since it hasn't been cold enough for any period of time.

Happy Thursday wishes to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 06:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Jessica Smith's Walking HIIT for Beginners. Not too dreadful!

It is raining today so likely no outdoor walk - will get something in this evening after work - probably Essentrics. I'm in the home stretch of the challenge!

Linda - I think we are going to have tons of stink bugs this spring/summer. It hasn't been cold enough long enough to kill them off...oh well....DH reminded me that 10 years ago was "snowmaggedon"! Now it is in the 50's and raining!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Februa...rican_blizzard

Waves, everyone.

Donna
Old 02-06-20, 07:15 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Because of the Snow Day I had lots of time to work out:

Bar Method - Beginner Burn - 45 minutes;
Ellen Barrett - Power Express - 15 minutes;
Pilates Nest - R & S Retreat - Day 3: Stretch & Soothe - 20 minutes;
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga: Relief from Desk & Computer Work - 18 minutes

The Jane Adams yoga was a before bed treat. I'm not sure it helped me to sleep any better - my mattress retains heat - but it was a nice practice geared towards opening up the upper body and back.

I need a Snow Day every week - I got my tax returns done and ready to mail, and got the laundry done as well. The roads were good by late afternoon, so the drive to work this morning should be fine.

Christine - that sounds like a good pilates routine. I love pilates with props. Let us know when Theresa's practices go on sale.

Donna - We are known for our crazy weather - sometimes we have 3 seasons in one day (generally spring, fall and winter). I know instructors are trying to keep things fresh, but workouts with awkward exercises are not my friend. So glad your DD has a "project" to keep her busy.

Linda - I keep looking at my shelf of Cathe DVDs and wonder if it's time to pass them on to a new home or homes where they will actually get used.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 11:14 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Faithful Workouts: Power Flow, Letting Go

Michelle said, "this is more like a stretch and strengthen". I liked this one too, and the message. No walk today, it's pouring rain and freezing rain.

Carol, I can't sleep if I'm too hot. I will definitely keep you posted on Theresa's workouts! She did say we can message her if we want them this week, or wait until they're up for sale.

Her email is: Theresa@shapedbyfaith.com if anyone is interested in getting them sooner.

Donna, I see those stink bugs all over my house, even now! Ugh. Sounds like you're having the same weather today.

Linda, nice workouts! Yup, rain and bugs here too!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 01:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies!

Late check in because of late workout. I didn't feel like working out this morning and was tempted to skip it altogether but couple of days ago I came across cardio workouts from Cardio Intenso on youtube. I saved them because they had pretty good music and thought I'll do them some time in a future. Well, I listened to the music again this morning (as I reclined in my chair) and it got me moving! So, today I'm checking in with:

Cardio Intenso (Youtube) 3 different cardio segments - 32min
ePilates Day 4 Barre Arms - 17min.

Emma's Barre Arm class really surprised me. Naturally I was familiar with many of these moves but there were some unfamiliar to me. She included huge variety of moves with probably no more than 8-10 reps of each. No overkill but I am REALLY feeling my arms now. I used 3lbs weights, Emma recommends 1lb but for me 3lbs was more realistic. There were also some planks and pushups at the end, but again no overkill. I really like ePilates and what's more important - Emma's style of pilates really suits my needs.

I'm so glad I didn't succumb to inactivity today and got my workout in.

Waves to all!
Old 02-06-20, 02:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana good for you being lured in by music. That happens to me too And by the looks of it, sounds like you enjoyed it as well!

Christine there was a meme joke on Instagram that said,"There's no way God told Noah to put two stinkbugs on the ark." LOL!

Carol I have some workouts like that too. Firm express comes to mind. As far as the Cathe, I modify to suit my needs. I have made some trades to see if there are oldies that I can make work for me. Her step workouts I usually do parts and either only the platform with one riser or on the floor. Gets my heart rate up and makes me work my mind body connection....and laugh at my clumsy footwork.

Of course, it's completely fine not to have the desire to do that either. I think we have to look at whether things we own are good for us. I had some smaller size clothing that was supposed to be goal clothing. Blech!! It was a release emotionally to purge them. I don't need to be weighing myself with that baggage. So hopefully they aren't that for you.

Donna LOL, "snowmaggedon." Congratulations on getting close to finishing your essentrics challenge. I will say catching episodes on PBS has made me want to try other series. Acck! I'm such a vidiot

Today was 3 week yoga retreat Wk#1 balance. It has quite a few warrior 2 and some chaturanga. I modified chaturanga with yoga blocks under my hands. I'm enjoying this yoga...and developing a crush on Vytas.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 04:13 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Tuesday: random stuff at piano, stepping in front of something streaming
Wednesday: 40 min step while watching Hawaii Five-O
Thursday: JS's Fusion Strength

Carol, this is late but I'm so glad your washer works again! Cue the singing!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 06:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a bust - it was raining all day - so no walk at work. And, when I got home from work I just didn't want to do anything -so I didn't.

Today was:

Jessica Valent - Lift those Buns (Pilates) and 5 min Inner thigh. I liked both of these - it is funny how some of Jessica's I love and others are awkward for me - like the wall workout and there is one mat workout that has weird moves in it, too.

Essentrics - Posture and Spine

I have to take my mom to MVA today to renew her license - she doesn't want to drive any more, but she needs some kind of ID, so she may either renew the license or just get a State ID. With the "Real ID" stuff you have to go in person to present all these documents - so hopefully it will go smoothly. My mom can be difficult and going to the MVA is no one's idea of fun. I'm going to renew my license while I'm there - it doesn't expire until Nov but I need to do my "real id" stuff, too.

Brenda - I like the way you fit things in around other activities!

Linda - I am enjoying the Essentrics challenge and it is nice to feel "accomplished" in actually following through! I am not going to renew my subscription though - I have so many DVDs and if I want to pop back in for a month to try something new that is not on DVD I can opt in later. I'm going to stick with it as a part of my regular rotation, though b/c I have noticed improvements from doing it consistently.

Dana - thank you for mentioning that You Tube channel I will check it out!

Christine - I know, stinkbugs everywhere! Thanks re: Theresa's DVDs!

Carol - it is so funny to hear you mention a snow day - as you know, around here, we are kings and queens of the snow day - but this has been a really mild winter here. Lots of rain this week and more next...dreary.

Waves - everyone.

How is Cheri?

Donna
Old 02-07-20, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Bone Health & Balance - 35 minutes

Not my favorite workout of Smriti's, but it was certainly do-able. I think PBL has trained me to expect pilates mat workouts to be "un do-able".

Brenda - It's never to late to celebrate the washer being fixed! I really like Jessica's Fusion Strength workout - I have had the DVD ever since it was released and finally got around to doing the strength workout last week, vidiot that I am. I'd done the cardio workout at least a couple of times, but for unknown reasons (length?) I hadn't done the strength workout.

Linda - Firm Express - I so wanted to love that set of workouts, but they were just too frantic and too high impact for me even back then. I may still have the set hiding around my house somewhere, although the chances of me doing any of it are zero. I'm just waiting for the purge bug to strike me and then I'll get rid of a lot of workouts that just aren't happening anymore.

Dana - Glad the music moved you out of your chair! Nice find! And no overkill is always good.

Christine - Thanks for the update on Theresa's stuff. I have plenty to keep me busy for now. Yuck - stink bugs, y'all! I don't think we have many of them on the High Plains, thankfully.

Donna - I know. We were really surprised about the Snow Day - we didn't get that much snow, but apparently we had just enough ice before the snow to make things get really slick, really fast.

I envy your rain - we really need to get moisture this time of year to help curb the fire danger this month and next.

I have seen Cheri posting on Instagram, so I think she's okay.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote