Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-20, 08:08 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 06:37 PM  
lynnf

yoga class. Good news, the pressure is down in DH's eye and that is back to normal. So that scare may be over.

Diana, yes now both Mom and Dad have dementia, and while Dad is stabilized and actually doing better than a year ago, Mom has declined fast in the last few months and gets very confused. Dad lost his ability to speak more much, but Mom can talk and she does stuff like have pain in her foot and decide she needs to see the doctor and make an appointment with her dermatologist. So we have to keep cancelling all the weird appointments she makes.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 08:09 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Fitness Blender's At Home Butt and Thigh Workout - Strength, Pilates and Barre Workout. I forgot how much this one gets my heart rate up, and it has a lot of variety, with no repeated exercises. I like that!

I think the reason the people moved the showing is that we are getting snow tomorrow. It's the first time all season. DD is very excited! She is being let out of school at 11:30, and the snow will be here in the afternoon. It probably won't be much, but she will enjoy it.

Lynn, I didn't know both of your parents were affected! So sorry. And you are right--an organization like that would be just a headache. I've been working on music some and am writing a new song that I really like. I've just been overwhelmed and busy with having to support the family, help DH with his job search, and having so many showings of the home. I know when things settle down I will have a lot of music to finish and record. I have several ideas recorded in bits and pieces.

I recently found out from two sources that hot flashes are very damaging. They can cause osteoporosis, heart issues, dementia, and more. I think they recently discovered this, because I've never heard it before. My mom still has hot flashes and is fighting with the first two issues, even though she has such a healthy lifestyle. I have already decided that if/when I get them, I will do some natural hormone therapy to reduce them.

Diana, I hope things go well with your DH's treatment!

Cheryl
Old 02-19-20, 08:45 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn I just prayed for your parents.

Seabliss I know your DD is excited about the snow and getting out of school early.

Check-In: TF Fire 60

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-20-20, 01:04 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I hope this was my last day of recovery and I can ease back into workouts tomorrow. I'm going to stay away from the barre studio until I feel strong.

Today, I had my first singing lesson in a month. That sure felt like a workout!

Lynn, praying for you and your parents. Great news about your DH. it sounds like your parents have a reliable caregiver. My father had dementia. My mother would catch him using the phone, trying to call a cab to take him to work. Decades before that, when he did work, he never took a cab, and he didn't like work -- retired the second he was 62, which was unusual for his generation.

Cheryl, praying for you and your family. You have been bearing heavy burdens.

Diana, praying for your DH, you, and your business.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 08:12 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I truly appreciate the support from my check-in buddies.

Cynthia Thank you. {{hugs}}

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-20-20, 09:17 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia How are you feeling today?

Seabliss How was the snow day?

Check-In: KCM Circuit Burn w/5's & 8's

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-20-20, 09:21 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I don't feel sick, just lethargic. I'll do something soothing at bedtime.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 11:16 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Shut up and Train 2 plus barre 3 10 minutes. Thank you all for your prayers. Today Mom called wanting to know how she could hear books read aloud on her tv. I explained to her she could get audio books on her Kindle, but she said she wanted to see them on the tv. I had no idea what she was thinking of.

Cheryl, did you get a lot of snow?

Diana, hope your DH starts to get some improvement from Lyme and the sleep apnea. I know he has been not doing well for a while now and it must at least be a relief to know what the problems are. Hopefully he can start to get on the mend soon.

Cynthia, hope you can get some rest and restoration, but sometimes you just have to take the low energy days. I feel like I still need to recover from the month of 12-14 hour work days.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 08:29 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I think DH is feeling a bit better from taking the antibiotic for Lyme. He will get the CPAP machine next Friday. In December, when we were at the sleep center and saw the Dr. she said the once the sleep study was done and DH had a diagnosis, that insurance would cover the machine. I didn't follow up on that because I thought they knew about that stuff. Wrong! I should have followed up with the insurance company. For him to get the machine, we have to pay $376 down and then $101 a month for 9 or 10 months. It's a rent to own program. I cannot pay cash to get a better price, etc. I called the insurance company and these are the costs that is allowable by insurance, so there is no other option. If he needs it, he needs it, but it was still a shock and very frustrating. But, I am thankful that we have the money to cover these needs.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana