Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-20, 09:23 AM  
Bchgrl42

Barre vs “cardio dance”

I need a major change in my routine. I like the results I see from people like Simone de la Rue and Anna Kaiser but I just can’t do that dances impact stuff. Do you think barre workouts provide the same amount toning and “smallness” that those workouts do? Any recommendations would be great. I’ve done pure barre in the past but that’s it. I prefer more workout like and less ballet like if that makes sense
Bchgrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 07:43 PM  
yoga1566

Barre workouts are a totally different thing than the dance aerobics routines Simone and Anna do. Their methods are comprised of a toning/muscular structure component (for which you could substitute barre) plus dance aerobics cardio. You could sub in Zumba, Leslie Sansone, etc. for the cardio. You could also just modify the dance routines to be low impact. Or Tracy Anderson (the queen of the genre) has some beginner DVDs that are low impact. I like her Cardio Dance for Beginners DVD which has 4, 15-minute segments.
yoga1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 07:50 PM  
hotncmom

Have you ever tried Dancebody? They have a Sculpt class that they promote as "get a dancer's body, without the dancing". Of course they have tons of dance classes online as well. They are high-impact though, so I can't do them either.

If you like dance without impact, check out Shine Dance Fitness as well.

Another option is Romney Studios. They have a new streaming site and their Pulse class is all sculpting similar to Dancebody. They also have Bosu (which is low-impact cardio/sculpt) and Bounce (rebounder cardio/sculpt).
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote