Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-18-20, 01:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was Cathe Kick max w/up 4 min then GS ch/tri superset premix; Cathe Total body stretch basic stretch segment. Love this premix because you get in and hit the high points without excessive pushups. I did my modified pullups anyway. Had to add the stretch because the Tracie workout had me sore in a good way in upper back/abs/glutes.

Dana I understand the meh. But good you finished it out to be sure. Sometimes I can get too hasty and not give a workout a fair shot.

Donna a full price offer already...how awesome!! Hope your issues at work resolve quickly..that can make feeling bad seem worse.

Carol yes I am not sure where my threshold is..on comments...I just know when I say nope can't focus on the workout anymore.

Christine I think that's why I like Tracie so much. Her comments usually mention what you should feel and what the exercise helps you with in daily life. That I like to know.

Cheri glad you're feeling well enough to get your full pilates workouts in again.

Waves to Brenda!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:56 PM  
cherimac

Donna-glad you are getting a bit better.

So, I decided I want more weights in my life since I am 2 years plus menopausal. (How in the world will I be 55 next month?!) I don’t like to follow workouts for that, so I bought a high step, DH and I are working out together on Tuesday and Thursday, and I am doing PN on MWF.
Old 02-19-20, 02:32 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Monday: 40 min. walk/read

I've lost track of my workouts this month, but I know what I did yesterday! LOL I was writing things in my workout calendar and realized that I was writing stuff in the wrong week. Oh well.

Donna and Christina, sorry you are sick!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 06:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Quick post - as I'm running late as usual!

Yesterday I did CS1003

Today I did Ellen's Power Fusion. I think I could be perfectly content with Ellen's workouts, some walking and some CS/Pilates thrown in from time to time!

I think I will follow Ellen's "schedule" for this week - I like the workouts she selected and one of them - Fusion Floor is one I hardly ever do.

Cheri - that sounds like a good idea - I know I do need to incorporate weights and some "traditional" stuff as well - I see how being weak physically really affects you as you age - my mom is a wreck - gets stuck in chairs, etc. She had zero muscle tone left. When we went to the Dr. last week I asked for a PT referral so she has 12 visits - of course, she is complaining about going already and she hasn't even had her first visit. She did not take care of herself at all and it has caught up to her big time now.

Thanks, Linda! Yes, being stressed at work does make you feel worse. I got through one of my to-do's yesterday. I hope to get through another today. It is one of those situations where everything is an emergency and fires are popping up everywhere at once. Oh well..go with the flow - I'm only one person.

Waves, Brenda, Dana, and Carol....

Christine - are you feeling better? I'm getting there, my sinuses are still pretty messed up -

Happy Wed - I have to go in the office today for a meeting but first I have a dentist appointment.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 07:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was a short one -

Pilates Nest - Strengthen & Stretch Band Pilates - 18 minutes

I noticed that someone is putting in a pilates studio near my house. I wonder if they will have classes and times that are actually for working folks. Most of the ones around here just do times during the day, when the regular folks are at work.

Donna - Right now Ellen's workouts are hitting the spot for me, along with pilates and little bit of walking when the weather isn't too bad. I've thought of subscribing to Groker, through Amazon, so I could get Ellen's walking program, but I haven't done it. Glad things are progressing on selling your mom's condo - that's good news for sure.

Brenda - good to see you. I was afraid you were sick.

Cheri & Donna- I hear you on needing more weight work, as well as more cardio, more stretching, more everything. The older I get, the more time it takes to hold back the tide, so to speak.

Linda - Nice combo! I'm pretty oblivious to instructor comments - as long as their workout comments don't include politics (tired of everything being political) or use the "sexy" word, I can pretty much ignore everything else.

Waves to Dana & Christine!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 10:57 AM  
cherimac

PN Empower and Energize. This was last month’s weighted workout and my fist time doing it. I really liked it.

Carol and Donna-I can’t even think about cardio too, haha. I get 10-14 K steps in at work, 5 days a week, but know I need to do actual cardio. Baby steps.

How are you feeling, Donna and Christine?

Carol-ir seems most boutique studios operate on daytime hours only.
Old 02-19-20, 06:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
PN Empower and Energize. This was last month’s weighted workout and my fist time doing it. I really liked it.

Carol and Donna-I can’t even think about cardio too, haha. I get 10-14 K steps in at work, 5 days a week, but know I need to do actual cardio. Baby steps.

How are you feeling, Donna and Christine?

Carol-ir seems most boutique studios operate on daytime hours only.
Cheri

They probably figure that the poor working slobs can't afford them, and there would be a lot of truth in that.

That's a really great step count from work - way better than me. I am tied to my desk most of the time.

I liked Smriti's new one last month as well.

Carol
Old 02-19-20, 07:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Cheri wow what a step count. Good for you working out on top of that. You're blessed your husband will work out with you.

Christine glad you got some antibiotics. Hopefully, you are able to help your body heal now. Yes, Jessica is really affirming as well. She makes me smile.

Carol I have unfollowed some instructors over shoving their political viewpoints in my face. That's not why I followed them.

Donna you're tempting me with Power fusion. Also, I love starting my day with some sort of stretching. I missed my CS this AM on PBS....bummer.

I am relieved to say there is finally a workout led by Elise that I will return to....3 Week Yoga retreat week 2 "flow." I think it's because it does flow she doesn't have much time to say her odd things. She still does but the flow is nice. Strength today was Cathe lean legs & abs Timesaver premix #2; Cathe GS Legs floorwork. Those two were a nice combo for a complete leg work since lean legs focuses on outer thighs and quads and the floorwork in GS really works inner things and hamstrings.

Dana I hope Basil is behaving himself. Isn't it funny how a 10#ish ball of fur can take over your life? Lately mine has gotten pretty ticked about me doing yoga. Mostly because i scootch her off my mat. Now she's decided if I'm ever on my belly she has to jump in my back. And if I'm in downward dog, here she comes sashaying under me smacking me in the face with her tail. She is totally interfering with my zen!

Nice to see you, Brenda! I have taken to writing my workouts in my calendar because I can't remember what I did if I don't !

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 06:58 AM  
donnamp

Sorry for the quick post - today was Ellen's Prayer Flow.

I really enjoy this one!

Still hanging in there with this cold/whatever it is - how about you, Christine?

Waves - hope to be back later to post personals.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 07:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Ellen Barrett - Prayer Flow - 30 minutes

Not what I expected - because I was thinking this would have lots of downdogs and updogs and yoga flow moves. And although it had flow and big ranges of motion, there was not a single downdog or updog - hallelujah! Just a very gentle cardio routine - and I didn't even break a sweat on this one.

Linda - I can actually tolerate instructors having political opinions so long as they don't start talking about them during the workout. Yikes - that would send me into orbit! Occasional political posts are okay, but constant political postings drive me crazy. I can only recall unfollowing one person in my social media life - and it was because of their constant political postings - and that was an in-law of sorts. (An ex-in-law, actually) I would suspect with election season on us, we are in for rougher than normal waters in the social media world.

Donna - I'm very content right now doing Ellen's workouts as well, but worrying that I need to lift heavier weights. I'm thinking about making myself do some of the 10 minute weight workouts on Get Healthy U TV.

Waves ~

Carol