Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-20, 10:20 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

I took a rest weekend. I'm still not feeling the greatest today, mostly my sinuses and an earache now, so I'm going back to the doctor this afternoon to make sure I don't need antibiotics.

Donna, it sounds like what we had was similar. I told DH it felt like more than a cold, but not quite the flu. Did your sinuses hurt at all? I'm glad you are doing better! I needed to rest, too.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 10:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Nothing this morning. Basil was out of control last night and I got very little sleep and I had to go to the office today. As I left the house, Basil was curled up on the bed sound asleep.

I doubt I'll do anything when I get home later today. If I feel tired now, it only gets worse in the afternoons.
Old 02-17-20, 10:33 AM  
cherimac

I have gotten bad at checking in.

Today was PN Peace, Love, and Pilates .
Old 02-17-20, 11:33 AM  
donnamp

Christine - I did have a terrible sinus headache on Saturday. My sinuses are still not great, but getting better.

I think I made the whole thing worse by not taking a day off from work when I felt bad and by taking DayQUil and NyQuil to get through the day and night. I think I ended up with a lot of rebound congestion from that stuff.

I rarely take that stuff - I usually just opt to suffer through a cold - but I had work stuff to do and stuff for/with my mom to do so I took it - but next time - I'm skipping it!

I do feel much better today. I'm still going to take it on the easier side for a few days just to make sure I'm 100%.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 12:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Posture Health - 10 minutes;
Ellen Barrett - Power Fusion - 45 minutes

Although I bought the Power Fusion DVD when it came out, I don't think I've ever done it - it was not the least bit familiar to me. I enjoyed it, but there were some modifications involved to make it work for my body. I definitely got sweaty.

There may be a dog walk in my future this afternoon.

Christine - so sorry you are still not feeling well. Hopefully the doctor can help!

Donna - I don't take that Dayquil or Nyquil stuff either - it makes me feel worse than the cold/sinus makes me feel. On the other hand, my ex swore by it. I think I know what Ellen is trying to say - to make reference to a dancer's body/pilates body and not an Olympic power lifter's body, but that comes across as old-fashioned these days. Not every girl/woman wants to have a "feminine" shape, to use Ellen's description. Heck, I'm old-fashioned too, and I figure that you take what you can use and just leave the rest. No need to tar and feather folks over things you disagree with.

Cheri - Nice work; I like Smriti's new one this month.

Dana - so sorry that Basil kept you up last night. That can really wear you out!

Linda - waves!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 01:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Tracie Long Grand Total 2 today. Yes I had to modify some but for the most part this is a glute and core workout which starts and ends with a stretchy feel. I got out of breath a few times but not during the cardio, lol. I was going to do a Cathe but I had never done this workout and I am eagerly awaiting the new Tracie's.

Carol waves back! And there are comments that kind of get on my nerves...like something will make me long and lean...uh no this lil shorty gonna stay thick and shorty. But I also just focus on the workout itself.

Donna and Christine I hope you guys get better.

Dana I hope you get some rest!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 02:27 PM  
furmomof6

Thanks for the well wishes! The doctor put me on antibiotics for a sinus infection, so hopefully this will put me on the mend. I did have a slight temperature at the office.

Carol, I can't do day or nyquil either. I can't even take any sort of decongestant, they make me very nauseous and dizzy. My DH swears by that stuff too though! I do wish I could take it, because it does help with symptoms.

Donna, I definitely need to rest more. I understand when there's just too much to do that you can't really push to the side. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Linda, that's why I love the faith based workouts. I know it's not for everyone, but I got tired of hearing body image related comments with regular workouts. I wish I could tune them out, but it bothers me too much. I appreciate that there are mainstream instructors too who focus on health and not looks, like Jessica Smith and Robin Long.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning! There was no add on walk for me yesterday - the cold front came in a little earlier than I thought it would, so I just stayed in and did laundry and played ball with the dogs in the backyard.

Linda - At 5'3" and short-waisted, I will never be "long and lean" but I've gotten used to that comment since I do a lot of barre/pilates/fusion workouts and have done them for years.

Christine - Hope that antibiotic gets you back on your feet quickly!

Dana - Hoping Basil had a better night last night!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I ended up sleeping in this morning - had a sinus headache overnight - and still have one now - I think it is due to the changing weather - it is supposed to rain today and yesterday DD and I took a long walk outdoors. I don't think that was the smartest move on my part as it wiped me out - but I really like to keep her busy and off social media as much as I can, so when she suggested it - I went for it.

Depending on time and energy and how I feel I may do something this evening.

Christine - glad you went to the dr and got some antibiotics. I don't think I have a sinus infection - but I have learned my lesson about meds - they reall don't help me in the long run - I think they made the congestion ultimately worse.

Random comments - yes, I get tired of the body talk and all that stuff. I try to just enjoy the workout and ignore the parts of the commentary I don't like. It is definitely easier to do that with some instructors - who don't go on and on about it - vs. others who that is all they seem to talk about!
It is nice to find instructors that speak more about health than how we look!

Jessica Valent is good about keeping the topic to health and function as is Pahla B and Beth from Trifecta Pilates also seems to keep things focused on being healthy.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

I have a ton of issues to deal with at work.

Oh - on a happy note, I got an offer on my mom's condo already. it is a full price offer - no weird contingencies other than a home inspection. Hopefully all will sail through peacefully.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 09:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Gina B Walk That Dance 2 Workout 2 - 35min. Meh. Nothing wrong with it, just not my style.
ePilates Fast Toning Class Intermediate - 28min.

Hi everyone!