Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-11-20, 03:41 PM  
furmomof6

Checking back in with 30 minutes on the Reformer. I did my own thing. I liked it, but I missed all the stretchy stuff.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 10:55 PM  
cherimac

I was waiting on a repair man who didn’t show until later on in the day. I didn’t get a formal workout in, but did some upper body with free weights before work.
Old 02-12-20, 07:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to catch up:

Monday evening I did Jessica's Dance Walk from her first Walk On set. I liked it! Good to re-visit these.

Yesterday I did Essentrics Calorie Burning and Lower body with Gail. It was too miserable to walk outside yesterday and last night I just didn't have the time or energy for anything else.

Today, so far, was Essentrics Full Body Stretching with Miranda.

I completed the challenge! It definitely did help w/ aches and pains and I need to be more consistent with adding it in regularly. I own a lot of content, so I don't need to subscribe to ETV on a regular basis, although I may from time to time to try out their new "exclusive" workouts. I may start a 7 day posture challenge while my subscription is still active.

Unfortunately, I think I caught the crud that is going around. I don't feel awful but I don't feel good either. Hopefully it will be short lived!! This may end up being a rest and recovery week.

I'm glad to be working from home today -

I will try to catch up on personals later!

Donna

p.s. I think I may start February Fusion at some point......I'll wait until I see what happens with this cold virus though!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 07:08 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Peace Love Cardio - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Lower Body Love - 17 minutes

More snow this morning, but again, no delays or closings in my immediate area. Hopefully the commute to work won't be too bad.

Christine - Good grief, no apology needed. I just had a few spare minutes and thought I would check Theresa's website. That's a real bargain for a 3 DVD set. Of course, I had to buy it.

Cheri - It is annoying to spend the day waiting on a repairman!

Waves to Dana, Donna & Linda.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Carol - nice work with Ellen - I will have to check out Theresa's DVD set. I previewed some of them on Global TV's site.

Donna
Old 02-12-20, 08:46 AM  
furmomof6

I woke up feeling awful! We need a crying face emoji. I'm praying it isn't the flu. It sure came on suddenly and I have all the symptoms, ugh. Maybe it's just a bad cold. I'm going to live in denial and attempt a workout later anyway... hopefully!

Donna, congrats on finishing the rotation! I'm so glad it helped your aches and pains. I will pray for the both of us, that our sickness passes quickly.

Carol, - glad you ordered them! I hope you like the workouts! It really is a good deal at that price. I ordered too.

Cheri, they never show up on time!

Waves to everyone!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 02-12-20, 09:24 AM  
donnamp

Christine - so sorry you are sick! I hope it isn't the flu. I think mine is just a cold....if I feel ok I'll attempt something else later, too!

Donna
Old 02-12-20, 10:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

Tuesday Cathe Xtrain Legs warm-up; Gym style Legs Timesaver 49 min premix; Total body stretch stability ball #1
Wednesday 3 week Yoga retreat wk#1 flow on the go; Zone pilates mat and ball workout "pilates mat" segment

I was sad to say goodbye to Vytas. I have developed quite the crush on him. This last workout was a very nice end to week 1. There are Sat and Sun workouts that I haven't tried though. I will try to add those to stength days before I start the second week of the series.
The zone pilates mat and ball pilates mat workout was very gentle with great form pointers. The DVD is worth it to me for that program alone.

Christine don't push if you feel terrible. And I'm sorry to hear that you may be sick.

Carol is peace love cardio a moderate cardio workout? Or is it a cardio for a low energy day? This is an Elen that intrigues me.

Cheri I just wanted to congratulate you for serving in a manager position at work. I'm sure you're a wonderful one.

Dana I hope Basil is letting you sleep.

Donna congratulations on completing the essentrics challenge. I have noticed the CS episodes I catch on PBS from the 8th season are usually episodes I like the Stretching the most than other seasons. Just something I noticed. I may end up getting more content myself. Definitely helps!

Brenda not sure I ever mentioned how sorry I was I confused what you were saying about working out during piano lessons. But doesn't a Piano Power Fusion workout sound like something Ellen could do?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 03:48 PM  
furmomof6

Checking back in with,

Faithful Workouts: Gentle Flow in Portugal, Ephesians 3

This was only 10 minutes and was perfect for how I'm feeling. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. It's mostly head congestion at this point, and that overall feeling of being run over, but I'm also feeling sick to my stomach on and off.

Linda, thank you! I like gentle workouts, sounds like a good one!

Donna, thanks! I'm sorry you're under the weather too. I'm not quiet sure what mine is yet. I guess time will tell!

Old 02-12-20, 06:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Linda, I would say that Peace Love Cardio is a cardio workout for a low energy day. I barely worked up a sweat.

Christine - Gosh, if you think it could be the flu, don't dawdle around - get to the doctor or call your doc and have them call in a flu medication for you. It helps if you get on the medication quickly enough.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote