Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-20, 03:56 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Christine and Linda! I have encouraged her to go to a summer program at an art school/college to see if she would even like being in art school. She tends to not like formal classes for art - so I think trying it out in a summer program to see if she would even like doing it would be valuable - but, for all her bravado about wanting to go far from home, whenever I bring it up she sort of blows me off indicating that she would rather be home for the summer. We shall see though - I did find a local program for her to try out for 3 weeks, we'll see if she wants to do it or not. I tend to think she will chose to work at the barn instead. If she doesn't do something with art, I think something with animals would be a good choice.

I'm glad I'm not a teen or young adult - life is too complicated for them!~

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 07:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get my walk in at work - it was windy and cold, but I'm glad I did it anyway. I also did Essentrics Challenge Day # 9 Posture and Spine.

This morning I did Essentrics Challenge Day # 10 Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. I am working from home today so I am going to try to get a 20 min walk in later....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-22-20, 07:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Get Healthy U TV - 2 Mile Endurance Walk - 30 minutes; Prevention 10 Minute Pilates - Lower Body - 10 minutes; Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Posture - 13 minutes; Jessica Smith - 10 Minute Quick Walk Mix - Bonus Stretch - 12 minutes

I am still sore from Monday's workout and am hoping that yesterday's workouts made things better, not worse. I am thinking about bailing from this and doing Jessica's February Fusion rotation, plus pilates - if I continue to hurt like this.

Donna - Nice job, sticking with the Challenge! Glad the college visit went well - hopefully things will become clearer to DD in the next few months. It's tough being a young person these days.

Linda - LOL! I talk back to exercise instructors too, all the time. And good for you for being brave enough to exercise with videos in the hotel fitness room. I usually just pack my light weights or resistance band in my suitcase and hide in my room to exercise.

Christine - I noticed where Theresa had 3 DVDs releasing on Amazon at the end of this month. I think they are all re-releases of her earlier DVDs.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 07:42 AM  
donnamp

Carol - nice workouts!!! Yea, I know it is tough to continue if you don't feel good from the workouts - Jessica's Fusion February does look like a nice rotation.

After I finish up Essentrics I'm thinking about maybe doing the Faithful Workouts Fruit of the Spirit Program and Pilates....but we shall see what I feel like doing then.

The Essentrics site has some nice rotations - aside from the health challenges and I may want to continue on what those!

Too many choices!

And yes, i think it is tough being a young person these days on the one hand I feel there is too much pressure on them - to figure out what they want to do when they are really too young to have much real world experience but then in other ways I feel they are "babied" more, too. It is a strange dichotomy!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-22-20, 09:52 AM  
cherimac

Hey, all. I am here. I had Madison and her boyfriend here Saturday-Monday and I am nearing the end of working 7 out of 8 days and fighting a bit of a cold. So I am still doing Pilates on my own daily, sometimes going hard, sometimes easier. I am ready to get back to my regular Pilates practice soon.

Donna-if I had more room I would have two dogs. Blackberry is a handful, but so sweet. Plus, she rarely barks. Tucker barked a lot more than she does. I miss him, but BB is helping us heal.
Old 01-22-20, 10:08 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was Jari Love Ripped to the Core. Super love this workout and yeah there were times when I was chatting with her as she asked how I was doing. Hehe she was told a couple times "hold on I gotta pause you and drink water" but I did feel energized afterwards. I watched the bloopers and they were hilarious

Carol I usually pack and did have a resistance band to use in the room too. But that med ball was too tempting, lol. You are cobbling together some great workout combinations so definitely don't keep doing anything that doesn't feel good. I'm sorry you're still sore :-(

Donna there's a part of me that's glad my internet stinks. I think with all my DVDs and subscription options I would be paralyzed from the choices, LOL! I think you guys do a good job of sorting through them all :-)

Christine I think it was because I was flailing the med ball around and they are maybe used to people just using the machines? I was wood chopping with a passion

Cheri I'm glad Blackberry is helping you guys heal

Waves to Brenda and Cheryl!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 10:50 AM  
furmomof6

Hello!

Shaped by Faith: Lower Body Pilates

I hope to walk this afternoon too, if I can brave the cold today!

Linda, I can picture it! Theresa does wood choppers in some of her workouts. I hadn't done them in years prior to doing her workouts, but I like how they work the legs and core. Although I have to be careful they don't tweak my back.

Cheri, I'm glad you got to see Madison! I sure hope you get a rest day soon, and fight off that cold. We're fighting stuff here too. I'm so happy that Blackberry has been such a comfort.

Carol, I'll have to look! I have her Pilates for the Soul and Stability Ball workouts. She did say she would be releasing her recent Season 1 on DVD soon, too. A Jessica/Pilates rotation sounds nice!

Donna, I think that's a great idea to have her try out a program to see if she likes it. Art and animals seem to be her passion!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 07:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were
Jessica Smith - Feel Good Fusion: Fusion Strength - 47 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hips - 15 minutes

I really enjoyed Jessica's Fusion Strength, even though it was a bit on the longer side for me (these days). I kept my weights light -1.5 lbs, but probably should have used my 2's - and didn't feel beat up at the end. A victory! The Florida scenery - blue ocean, greenery, sand and sunshine - was very refreshing. She also had some new moves in this workout that kept it fresh - and no repeats that I remember. Once you finished both sides, you moved on to the next set of moves. And Smriti's Pilates for Tight Hips is one of my favorites.

Christine - Amazon's new exercise DVD releases are on this list: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/new-rele...v_2_2958934011. I didn't see the Season 1 one there.

Linda - We do have too many choices these days. It can be a case of paralysis by analysis when choosing the "perfect" video for today. I remember the days when I had 1 Firm VHS and maybe a couple of Kathy Smith ones. Don't ask me how many DVDs I've owned since then!

Cheri - Hope you are over your cold soon. Glad Blackberry a good companion! She'll figure out the house rules at some point.

Donna - Glad you are enjoying Miranda's rotation. Wonder if they are going to release Season 13 on DVD? I'm thinking they probably aren't.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 08:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just a quick stop to say hi. My soon to be 18-year-old cat continues to howl at night and keeps waking me up every couple of hours. As a result of the interrupted sleep I either wake up tired or I oversleep and can't work out. Ugh. Basil got a clean bill of health in November but he didn't have lab work done then. I've been reading about reasons for his howling and it can be anything from cat senility to thyroid problems. The thyroid issue comes up most often. I think I'll make an appt with his vet and have his lab work done. I have to get some sleep - and help the little guy out.

I have to run to the office today and doubt I'll feel like doing anything later.

Waves to all.
Old 01-23-20, 10:58 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Faithful Workouts: Movement Stretching

I woke up with a bad headache. I'm wondering if it's from the allergy testing I did yesterday. I reacted to a bunch of different foods, so I have to go back and be retested just to make sure it wasn't a false positive. I sure hope I'm not allergic to so many different foods, I won't know what to eat! I'm wondering now if allergies are the cause of my dizziness though, or even the headache I have today. Has anyone else had food allergy testing?

Dana, awe I hope you can figure out what's going on with Basil.

Carol, thanks! It looks like the exact same DVDs I have, so I wonder if there are any changes. I think she'll have Season 1 available through her website, I'm not sure about Amazon. You would think so since the other DVDs are on there. Glad you enjoyed your workouts!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote