Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-17, 11:54 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
Here’s a weird question: will my cat claw the rebounder? Anyone have this issue or do they tend to just nap on it?
I have a cat with claws, and even though she doesn't claw furniture, I keep a blanket folded on my Bellicon. She sometimes likes to nap on it
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 01:02 PM  
horsemom2

I have been plagued by peripheral neuropathy from chronic statin use and believe bouncing stopped its progression thanks to keeping my lymph and blood circulating.

Still love bouncing to music regularly while tweaking all cardio and use several different bungee models barefoot.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 01:39 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
Here’s a weird question: will my cat claw the rebounder? Anyone have this issue or do they tend to just nap on it?
My cat will try and sit on the rebound or when I'm using it. But other than that I've never had any problems with my cat or my dogs.
Old 10-20-17, 01:52 PM  
momofcha

So when you guys rebound - it's barefoot?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 02:18 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
It is a personal preference.
Some rebounders and/or workouts may work better with shoes.
Also some people may have foot issues needing shoes.

I hate shoes (and bras LOL)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 02:46 PM  
sophiesmom

LOL! Thank you for the replies! Typical cats! ��
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 03:41 PM  
deineira

Quote:
I do. I also have some grippy socks because sometimes my feet get cold, but I prefer to bounce without shoes for some reason. I have a Bellicon with ultra strong bungees, in case that matters.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 03:57 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
I bounce with shoes on. My ankles feel more stable with shoes and I need the cushioning they provide. If I don't wear shoes, the soles of my feet hurt. I find that with shoes I can bounce longer and harder. I have JS and Bellicon.
Old 10-20-17, 04:07 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I do. I also have some grippy socks because sometimes my feet get cold, but I prefer to bounce without shoes for some reason. I have a Bellicon with ultra strong bungees, in case that matters.
I could use my pure barre socks, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I bounce with shoes on. My ankles feel more stable with shoes and I need the cushioning they provide. If I don't wear shoes, the soles of my feet hurt. I find that with shoes I can bounce longer and harder. I have JS and Bellicon.
Dana - I think I might prefer shoes also for the same reason. Please let me know your thoughts on the JS vs Bellicon. Is the Bellicon really worth it compared to the JS? Why?

thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 04:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Dana - I think I might prefer shoes also for the same reason. Please let me know your thoughts on the JS vs Bellicon. Is the Bellicon really worth it compared to the JS? Why?

thanks
Sue, I have JS 350 and 49" Bellicon. Both purchased about 4 years ago. Bellicon cost me about 3 times of what I paid for Jumpsport, and while I like the 49" surface I'm not sure that Bellicon is three times better than Jumpsport, in fact I know it's not. I have extra strong cords but the jump is still softer than JS and it slows me down with certain workouts. I just ordered upcoming Body By Simone rebounding workout and based on what I saw on the short preview clip, I know I'll be using my JS. Bellicon is a great rebounder, but because it's so expensive as compared to JS, I'm not sure I would buy it again. What made me buy Bellicon in the first place is the 49" jumping surface but I think that Jumpsport has since come out with a rebounder that has a larger jumping area. In my opinion Jumpsport is a great rebounder that's well priced.

There were some threads here about other rebounders that people purchased that were reasonably priced and they were very happy with. I think Barb S posted some threads about JS and other rebounders?