Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-16, 10:39 AM  
Tracyso2

Tracy Anderson...specific plan???

Hi everyone--
So I have essentially every. single. Tracy Anderson workout (except for the streaming) and want to combine them into a specific workout plan. I can't do her high-impact cardio (just messed up my foot yet again trying it) but may be able to build up to it eventually. Her endless reps make me crazy but I suspect her work is exactly what I need to get in better shape, finally. I've been all power yoga for ages, and that's great, but I'm finally tired of it AND it's not making the body changes I want.
So...I'm wondering if anyone has a rotation that involves all of her muscular sculpture DVDs and some of her cardio, maybe from easiest to hardest? I've managed to do a few levels of meta (hip & glute) but end up burned out by level 3 or so. Does this make sense? I realize I really need a rotation, but can't see myself really sticking it out through meta all the way through, in a row.
If anyone has ideas or has done this, I'd be so grateful to hear about it, and how it worked for you. Thanks!
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 12:05 PM  
andtckrtoo

I lost 20 pounds simply rotating through her workouts and adding other dance like Zumba (her cardio bores me). I did not do 10 days in a row of any DVD, but mixed and matched the various levels, and centrics (I have Glute, Omni and Ab). I also mixed in Yin (http://www.yinthezonefitness.com/) who studied with her and is an amazing professional dancer). I do her dance cardio, but it's mixed in with the floor work, so it's more palatable to me.

I found once I started seeing results, it was much easier to stick with her, but once I stopped, it was almost impossible to get back. I still toss her in every now and again. I find if I can zone out, I'm better.
Old 02-25-16, 01:06 PM  
Tracyso2

Thanks for answering! I'm wondering how much muscular structure work you did every day for those amazing results? And how much cardio? Thanks again!!
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 01:25 PM  
carres1973

Like you, I think I have pretty much every TA DVD/workout, including those only on YouTube. I just recently started back to regular exercise after having to take a four-ish week break because of surgery. I started with:

The Method for Beginners
-Workout One I did for only three or four days...it was REALLY boring and REALLY beginner
-Workout Two I did for the full ten days

I have since moved on to:
Mat Workout for Beginners
-Workout One I did for the full ten days
-Currently on Workout Two, which I am finding WAAAAY easy - like it's hardly even "burning", can do all the reps no problem, etc. I am on day six. I am seriously thinking about giving up on this one and moving on to Workout Three. I am going to try again tonight and add ankle weights to see if that helps.

I am then going to move on to her original Mat Workout (I think). My added problem is I cannot do work on all fours (bilateral knee replacements-with the left one LOOSE after surgery!!). So, I have to find work from her that isn't on all fours, which is not really easy once you get into Meta, Continuity, or even some of the stand-alone DVDs (PDS, Bootcamp, Method Express, etc.), or figure out how to modify the all four work to standing.

I had my BEST results from TA. I was doing her MS work faithfully (Meta and then Continuity for two years). I was NOT doing her dance cardio faithfully, though. I would do it once or maybe twice a week tops. My knees couldn't take all that impact. This was pre-replacements. Now, there's NO WAY I would even attempt her cardio. I would do Zumba, rebounding, PlyoX, kickboxing, taking walks, etc.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 01:46 PM  
andtckrtoo

I did her muscular work pretty much daily. I typically did 30 minutes Meta/Continuity and 30-60 minutes cardio.