Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-21, 04:29 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I’m looking for clarity on what is being offered.

I have supported Jessica a long time and wouldn’t ask for a refund.

A “download “ on an app isn’t a true download in my eyes.

If I spend $100, I want it as a true download.
If that’s not what’s being offered, then that helps with my decision.

I’m exiting these threads soon.
I didn’t mean to offend you by quoting you. These aren’t downloads. They were never presented as downloads. You may not ask for a refund, but there of plenty of people out there who would. She needs to protect herself from them. Maybe at some point she’ll offer them as downloads, without the money back guarantee. Who knows. The only point of being able to “download” to the app is because of poor internet connection.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 04:44 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I’m looking for clarity on what is being offered.

I have supported Jessica a long time and wouldn’t ask for a refund.

A “download “ on an app isn’t a true download in my eyes.

If I spend $100, I want it as a true download.
If that’s not what’s being offered, then that helps with my decision.

I’m exiting these threads soon.
That's how I feel as well. I am new to using any digital workouts, so I think I'm just over simplifying in my mind what download means. It didn't even cross my mind that it would be downloaded to an app, or other platform, because I don't really use any platforms that way, even when available, such as Amazon Music, Netflix, etc. But now I'm understanding that this is similar in function to those re: downloading the content.

It also never crossed my mind to worry about a refund, but it's a valid reason for her to offer it the way she is. Again, I just was not thinking along those lines at all. I just wanted to know if I can use it forever, whenever, if I pay $97 for it. For some people it's a great value!! For others it isn't at all, and for some of us, we may be right in the middle.

Like you, Julie, for $97 I would like to have permanent access to it in a format where I'm responsible for whether I lose it, break it, delete it, etc. versus the platform, website, etc. ceasing to exist. Some people here have workouts that are 20+ years old that we can still play on a VHS or DVD. Will this access still be available in 20 years if we want it? Again, it's just helpful information for making a decision how the downloads work (especially for those of us that aren't used to this ).

Edited to add: I think part of the confusion is some people mentioning that Jessica said you could download them to use whenever you want.
Old 03-05-21, 05:27 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
<snip>
Like you, Julie, for $97 I would like to have permanent access to it in a format where I'm responsible for whether I lose it, break it, delete it, etc. versus the platform, website, etc. ceasing to exist. Some people here have workouts that are 20+ years old that we can still play on a VHS or DVD. Will this access still be available in 20 years if we want it? Again, it's just helpful information for making a decision how the downloads work (especially for those of us that aren't used to this ).
I see your point, but who’s to say that people will still be able to use their Cathe downloads, for example, 5 or 10 years from now? Or that Cathe’s workout blender (if that what it’s called) will still be available in 5 or 10 years? Or that we’ll still be able to replace a dead DVD/Blu-ray player in 5 or 10 years?

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 05:51 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Or that we’ll still be able to replace a dead DVD/Blu-ray player in 5 or 10 years?
My local Goodwill Stores always have a variety of DVD players and still VHS players on their shelves. Blu-ray players will play regular DVDs. I think our DVDs are safe for at least the next 5-10 years. I'm sure there will be a company that will still offer DVD-to-Digital service if we need that too.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 06:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I store all my downloads on a flash drive. I'm pretty sure the flash drive with all it's content will still be available to me in 5-10 years.
Old 03-05-21, 06:59 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I store all my downloads on a flash drive. I'm pretty sure the flash drive with all it's content will still be available to me in 5-10 years.
Unless it gets damaged. I had my external drive crash. I lost so many workouts

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 07:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Sorry to hear that. Thankfully I have never had one damaged yet.
Old 03-05-21, 07:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
That happened to me once. I actually paid $$$ to an online company to recover the data. It was very expensive.

Now (in addition to an external hard drive), I use backblaze. It's cheap and it backs up my laptop continuously plus one 5TB external hard drive that I have to connect once a month to my laptop. Restoring files is free to some extent unless your whole laptop or external hard drive goes. Then you basically pay the cost of a new external hard drive for them to put the info onto--less than $200 for up to 8TB I think. Less if you have a smaller hard drive.

Anyways, never again will I rely solely on external hard drives. I still use them but I use backblaze as my failsafe.

Unfortunately I have too much stuff now to fit on my 5TB external drive due to music, photos, and video backups. So I have overflow on a small external hard drive but it's stuff that's less critical.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 07:14 AM  
Elsie

Well I guess Jessica wanted to move to something new. I like the idea of group training, however I don't know anything about purple player and the price is too much for me.
I've been going with downloads over the past 8 years or so (unless it's a set I want). Wow, I had no idea the flash drive could get damaged beyond recovery though. Thanks for the caution VFers!!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 09:07 AM  
s2546

For anyone who is interested Anna from jessica's customer care answered and advised the files can only be downloaded within the apps and no, they cannot be kept on a USB stick or your hard drive

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift