Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-20, 08:08 AM  
Demeris

Oh, Susan. Words can't express the sorrow I feel for you and your family. Please know all of you are in my prayers. And I will pray for your mother's soul.

You are still in shock, and that shock is physical, as well as emotional and spiritual. Please treat yourself with love. Be gentle with yourself, even if you overeat sugar and salt, be forgiving.

I don't have any advice about getting back on track to fitness except to encourage you to be gentle with yourself.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 08:36 AM  
owltx

Oh Susan, I am so sorry.
Old 10-05-20, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Susan,

I'm so sorry for your loss and the circumstances surrounding it.

I think in this case you have to follow your heart and not your head, you have to do what feels right for you in the moment and what that is will change with the moment.

I understand about wanting to get back to normal, and feel normal, but I don't think that is something you can force w/ a strict workout schedule or eating plan. Just take steps every day that feel right for where you are and how you are feeling and things will fall into place.

I also agree with others who have suggested counseling through either a therapist or clergy - I tend to resist such things myself, but I think in certain circumstances, getting another person's perspective and strategies for coping can be very helpful.

((HUGS))

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 09:04 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I'm very sorry, Susan. It is hard to lose a parent, especially in these circumstances.
Old 10-05-20, 09:25 AM  
sugar rose

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss and trauma. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 09:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Susan - oh my God what can I say.

Mother Nature is my psychologist. Walking outdoors and just being in a natural setting helps me deal with a lot. I think a grief support group might help but that's just me. I pray you find some comfort and coping mechanisms. Be patient and gentle with yourself.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 11:03 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry, Susan...sending hugs and healing vibes your way.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 11:05 AM  
gladgirl

Just want to say so sorry for your loss and current pain. Give yourself some compassion and kindness.
I would take it one day at a time.
Hugs and love to you.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 11:19 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Susan.... oh my gosh. You've been through a horrific wringer. Virtual hugs, even if that's ridiculously inadequate.

Suicide took my brother's wife 7 years ago - I'm not saying this as a 'me too' thing, but rather as way to say that for her children... and parents, sister/ brother and me... a long painful process back to normal and the only advice I have from someone who didn't lose a parent this way is to say be kind to yourselves. Just that. Be kind and forgiving if the fit/eating healthy self takes a bit of a break. Your ending strong idea is very powerful. What an amazing person you are - what a great teacher to others.

Maybe that's what ending strong is for you now - to end with a strong awareness that nothing you do right now is 'wrong'. Not the eating. Not skipping workouts. Not burying e motions. Not showing them.

From someone who can't understand what you are going through I say you should take it moment by moment and let yourself have whatever reaction that moment gives you. The Kohlrabi sounds great.

I think if I were you, I would say don't worry whether it's too soon. Or whether you are burying emotions - just workout if you feel like it. I am just so sorry for your loss.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 12:53 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Just posting to say how sorry I am and sending you virtual hugs. Be kind to yourself -- maybe do one little tiny thing each day that makes you feel like you're getting back on track? But with lots of forgiveness if you don't. Because you will get there.
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grief, healing after loss, loss, suicide