Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-21, 06:27 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Thank you Leonana! So you do need her library or purple player to play the downloads unlike what cathe offers? Is this correct? Thank you so much for giving your thoughts. Really appreciate it as this is confusing for a vidiot!! Lol

sue
Yes, you need to be on the Lift and Shift website library or the Purple Player app.

On the Lift and Shift Library, click on the Lift and Shift picture to access the videos. The Introduction will pop up. Beneath the video are symbols. The one to the far left, which is a circle next to two smaller circles, is the download symbol. Although, I'm not sure if it downloads one workout at a time, or all 12.

On my IPhone Purple Player App, it's the same symbol on the left.

Although, I can only download on my IPhone. For some reason, I can't do it on my PC. It could be because our PC is old, I'm not sure.
Old 03-05-21, 06:38 PM  
laurajhawk

I just hit the point of Friday-afternoon diminishing productivity returns at work (home office), so I decided to install the Purple Player app on my phone and see if I could find my new workouts. I installed, and lo and behold there's a Gilad Lord of the Abs in there next to my Lift & Shift! I vaguely remember learning on VF about a free Gilad, probably to get people to try Purple Player; I did whatever it was to get the workout, then never looked at it. Vidiots, man

Lift and Shift is in there. At first I thought I only had the Intro video - all the workouts are shown as "chapters" instead of separate videos. Once I realized that, I can get to everything easily enough.

Of course, I really want the AppleTV Purple Player, but I can't pretend I'm working while I set that up, so it'll have to wait.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 07:45 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I was convinced I wasn't going to purchase it if not DVD. But I like the concept of the program; I like the variety of styles of strength-training routines. So now I am mixed. However.... $97 is a lot of money for 12 workouts. I know how to do progressive strength-training. I wish she just would offer "paper" workouts. I can easily follow along with written instructions; work at my own rate. And "paper" workouts, or even a book. would be less than $50. (I'm thinking of Nia Shanks' programs)

I watched the info she provided in the email.. I would be using these on my Mac laptop. I don't own a TV & I don't have any other device. I am certain she said these workouts could be downloaded onto our computer; she mentioned though the file sizes are huge and therefore she recommended "downloading" to an app, as apps compress the file size. My guess is that the files are encrypted in a way that if we ask for our money back, the files disappear from our hard drive.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:33 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Yes. I’ve already downloaded the workouts to the app on my laptop and to the app on my Smart TV.
How do you create an account with this purple player? It is not letting me
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:41 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Sherry, can you update your PP profile that has L&S to associate your purchase with your other email address that has the rest of your purchases?

If not, then tech support will have to do it on their end but it seems like an easy fix. I was in a similar situation (not with PP though) where I wanted to merge my accounts and it wasn’t a problem. Good luck!
I suggested merging the two accounts to PP support, and they said yes, we will do that.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still don't have Lift and Shift on my PP app. I can access the workouts on the Lift and Shift website, and use my tablet or IPhone. But I can't use my Roku if the workout isn't on my PP app.

I'm not sure why it's not working for me. I guess I'm special, lol. Well, at least I can still access the workouts.
Old 03-06-21, 07:14 AM  
cttx31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
How do you create an account with this purple player? It is not letting me
Try this:

https://go.platformpurple.com/

click on "sign in" on upper right in the purple bar, if it's an email not already registered, it will to go the create account screen.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 07:23 AM  
Cher

I had a problem with PP when I first purchased. I didn’t know my password and every time I tried to get the reset email, it wouldn’t work to reset it. Then when I purchased L&S, I didn’t know what password to put in. My son works in IT so he was able to help me a bit. When that was finally straightened out, the workouts didn’t show up in PP. I don’t know what happened but a while later I refreshed and the workouts were there.

I did the first workout Total Body Strength Compound Supersets. It was a little harder than I expected. In this one after you do one set of each exercise, she repeats all the exercises a second time so as someone else said, very easy to shorten and only do one set which would end at about the 30 minute mark. (Which was tempting ), but I did both sets this time (but you never know in the future). I did lighten up the weight on a couple exercises on the second set. I found she didn’t move to fast on this workout so easy to go heavier if you wanted.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 07:43 AM  
Elsie

Thanks for posting the preview. To me the preview looks excellent. I like that her lifting is non-frantic and not all hiit based. My form suffers often with these quick moving modes or with extreme high-rep. (I'm always at least 6 reps behind Cathe with upper body as I have a long torso and arms and well, am much slower) I very much like the focus on stamina as well.
And for cardio, I just walk mainly or use the hiit bike. I like that the music isn't so loud.

Again though, as I said in the earlier thread, I'm not familiar with purple player, Apple tvs or the like and have no intention of buying these things. If it were downloads, I would be there perhaps after the price went down. Price point is a bit too high for me as well. I don't want to de-value certified personal training; I just cannot afford it.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 09:44 AM  
Leonana

I understand. The price made me hesitate, and I use mostly her workouts. I put it on the credit card.

I was expecting streaming with a monthly payment, and I suppose this is cheaper than a year of $10 a month streaming. So, that's how I justified it.
Old 03-06-21, 11:46 AM  
gladgirl

I am a recent Jessica fan for weights. Did Walk Strong and really enjoyed the variety of workouts and especially the 30 min time investment.

In this new program does she also have a beginner, intermediate and advanced version for the exercise?
Is there an average time per day per workout?
Once you download, are you able to view each workout from first to last for times and equipment needed? Or a master list with this info?
Also...I don’t have the purple player app. If I wanted to use it for my workouts, should I first create PP app acct? Or is there a link to create new acct when you get her program?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift