Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-21, 02:24 PM  
Laurengmt

1-hour mix-match whole-body workout - no squats or lunges!

Thought I'd share this with anyone with bad knees or who just doesn't want any squats or lunges. I'm 68 with a pretty much ruined knee, and I've actually seen improvements with this workout.

- Warmup - any warmup you like without any squats or lunges!

- Cathe Power Hour, just the shoulders, bi's and tri's. Use the heaviest weights you can. And for her first set of pullovers for the tri's, I just do regular pullovers with one 20-pound weight to get some more back work.

- Cathe XT legs, bonus barre, only the standing quad and calf work.

- Firm #2 floor. 5-pound ankle weights (and leave them on for the abs!), 15 pounds for the rows, 10 for the leg shoots, 15 for the bench press and flyes, and 20 for the pullovers. And you get that heavenly towel stretch at the end for a reward!

Of course, you can sub any other exercises you want, but you get every muscle group in this in an hour! Enjoy!
Laurengmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 02:26 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks! My knees have been hurting for some time, and I have all these workouts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote