Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-18, 11:13 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I signed up for p.volve on January first and I have done two workouts so far: Total Body Toning Class and That Thigh Gap. I was a little skeptical when I saw how short the workouts are and how few reps they do (only 8 most of the time!) but I enjoyed how they left me feeling worked out without being depleted... and I could feel it in my glutes the next day!

I think these workotus have some really original moves and positions. They are not super exciting to me but they are not boring either and I really look forward to seeing what kind of results I get.

I would love to know how everyone is using these. Anyone doing p.volve as their main/only workouts? Or how are you mixing them into your rotation?
Hey Fuzzie!!! I have been mixing them in with HSM as I mentioned. I have done most of them, but it seems more difficult with my rotation for me to do the longer classes. I have mostly been doing them as "add-ons" but I did the sculpting intensity class and it was amazing so I am trying to add them in on days that I bounce. I'm sure that's not "approved" but I do like to do a short 15 min bounce before doing the class.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 11:18 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Hey Fuzzie!!! I have been mixing them in with HSM as I mentioned. I have done most of them, but it seems more difficult with my rotation for me to do the longer classes. I have mostly been doing them as "add-ons" but I did the sculpting intensity class and it was amazing so I am trying to add them in on days that I bounce. I'm sure that's not "approved" but I do like to do a short 15 min bounce before doing the class.
Thanks Sue! I tend to favor the longer classes because when I plan to piece workouts together I usually get lazy and end up not "adding on" LOL
I love the idea of a short bounce before the workout! They don't feel like they have much of a cardio effect at all so that would be a great complement (and more thorough warmup).
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 11:23 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Thanks Sue! I tend to favor the longer classes because when I plan to piece workouts together I usually get lazy and end up not "adding on" LOL
I love the idea of a short bounce before the workout! They don't feel like they have much of a cardio effect at all so that would be a great complement (and more thorough warmup).
I agree. I think they complement each other nicely. I will have to make more of that happening for myself

Old 01-04-18, 09:52 AM  
momofcha

ok I did some bouncing and then a bodies by p class - Open and Lengthen. LOVED this one. A lot of new to me moves that felt a great burn! I need to do more of the classes.....

Old 01-12-18, 05:10 PM  
momofcha

I did "Not just abs" two days ago and I'm still a little sore! I also just felt my butt in my jeans and it is noticeably "firmer."

and fyi the pball is now on amazon - it appears it's free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...5794884&sr=8-1

Old 01-14-18, 05:54 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Thanks Sue! Do you think the pball could also be used in barre3 in place of the barre3 ball?

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 06:07 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Thanks Sue! Do you think the pball could also be used in barre3 in place of the barre3 ball?

~Beth
Nope. They are very different. The barre 3 ball is bigger and softer. The pball is more like the smaller pure barre ball, but I’m not sure what you could use to keep it in place. The ball needs to stay high between the legs when you step wide and then close together and squeeze. I can’t think of something that is similar. There are a lot of pvolve workouts that don’t use the ball that are excellent. I did that “not just abs” this week and it is now one of my favorites.

My butt is definitely higher and firmer.

Old 01-14-18, 06:23 PM  
carly

How adjustable is the pball? My thighs are larger than the women's I see in the videos. Is there a maximum circumference the band will accommodate comfortably? Or how stretchy (or resistant) is the band that wraps around your leg? Any insight from those who own the pball is appreciated.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 06:57 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
How adjustable is the pball? My thighs are larger than the women's I see in the videos. Is there a maximum circumference the band will accommodate comfortably? Or how stretchy (or resistant) is the band that wraps around your leg? Any insight from those who own the pball is appreciated.
I can measure the strap but there isn’t a ton of give to it. They are working on an extender. I am not built like the girls either and i can barely get it around my legs, but I can. I would wait a bit to see if they offer the extender with the ball, but I do think there is nothing like the ball.

My favorite workouts I have done do not use the ball so I do tend to favor workouts without it. The one I did yesterday was a 50 minute workout and only the last 9 minutes used the ball. I do not think it is absolutely necessary, but again, hard to substitute for.

Old 01-14-18, 07:40 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Sue, thanks for the info! I was able to use an Amazon gift card and the free shipping really helped. I think it will be a nice addition to my workout gadgets.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics