Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-17, 04:07 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I have been following this account on IG for a long time and I am thrilled that they are now offering streaming! I am finishing a 3-month LEKfit rotation (love!!) and this will be my new program for the New Year. I bought the p.ball (crazy expensive from Canada so I hope it's worth it...) and the xercuff bands so I'm ready to go

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback and reviews... I'm excited!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 04:53 PM  
momofcha

I'm glad so many people have given this a try! I'm excited about this week's new workouts - I can't wait to do the posture & booty workout/class this weekend!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 07:40 PM  
nd2325

I tried my first pvolve workout yesterday,butt blaster, as an add on to the end of my normal workout and I loved it! When previewing the workouts I thought the slow pace-ness of it was going to annoy me but the workout actually flew by. It makes me want to do more hamelin workouts too.
Old 12-04-17, 09:10 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I purchased my tubing on amazon, gee, maybe I got lucky with a pricing drop! I am prepping for a road trip as we are moving back to California from Colorado and I am so glad there are so many options to do equipment free a couple of nights in hotel rooms!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-17, 09:13 PM  
blueskies

Another pvolve fan here! A big thank you to momofcha/Sue for bringing this to the attention of the VF community.

I'm early into my trial subscription, but I've gone through all the tutorials, and two of the full-length full body workouts. Love Stephen Pasterino's teaching style! It's very casual, helpful, and specific. The classes have a nice mix of body types, and like bjammin13 said earlier, there is no negative body talk. For now, I'm even doing the equipment-needed workouts sans equipment to learn proper technique, and I'm still getting a great workout! Feeling it in all the right places, and it's fantastic getting an intense workout without the frenzied, overly aggressive approach. These workouts are perfect to do in the morning. I modify where needed, especially in the stretch section due to back issues, but really haven't encountered any crazy positioning that I can't safely ever see myself doing.

This is my first experience with streaming, and I'm loving it!

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 09:42 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm so happy to know there are other Pvolve fans here -- I'm very excited to have found this.

I bought yellow tubing for HDB stuff a while back -- I think it may be too easy and I may need to upgrade -- we'll see. I also just got the ball so was able to try one workout with it -- it's strange, but I can see how I have nothing else like it that would replicate the intensity it adds to the workout.

I'm curious to know if anyone has favorites or workouts you feel have been more effective. Sometimes I really feel the work and sometimes not as much, so I'm wondering if I have some technique issues. Wish I could take a live class!

Not only is there no negative body talk, there is just no body talk. I do like that it's all about the workout.

bjammin, I see you're moving to northern CA -- bay area, by any chance?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 10:49 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did the new Runway Ready (I think that's the name) this morning using a newly acquired blue tubing and also the yellow. Wow, this is a good one!!

I just discovered Callanetics with Lacey (thanks to Mary's Thanksgiving sale) and I like that quite a bit, too. The methods have similar concepts, sort of, but feel quite a bit different. I think I will rotate those and throw in some cardio and maybe once in a while some extra arm work as that seems pretty lightly covered in Pvolve. Really loving that I'm feeling worked but not beat up. I guess I have said that about PBL as well, but I think I feel more worked with these.
Old 12-08-17, 01:19 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Yes, I am coming back to Cali! I will be in San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm so happy to know there are other Pvolve fans here -- I'm very excited to have found this.

I bought yellow tubing for HDB stuff a while back -- I think it may be too easy and I may need to upgrade -- we'll see. I also just got the ball so was able to try one workout with it -- it's strange, but I can see how I have nothing else like it that would replicate the intensity it adds to the workout.

I'm curious to know if anyone has favorites or workouts you feel have been more effective. Sometimes I really feel the work and sometimes not as much, so I'm wondering if I have some technique issues. Wish I could take a live class!

Not only is there no negative body talk, there is just no body talk. I do like that it's all about the workout.

bjammin, I see you're moving to northern CA -- bay area, by any chance?
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 04:02 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I did the new Runway Ready (I think that's the name) this morning using a newly acquired blue tubing and also the yellow. Wow, this is a good one!!

I just discovered Callanetics with Lacey (thanks to Mary's Thanksgiving sale) and I like that quite a bit, too. The methods have similar concepts, sort of, but feel quite a bit different. I think I will rotate those and throw in some cardio and maybe once in a while some extra arm work as that seems pretty lightly covered in Pvolve. Really loving that I'm feeling worked but not beat up. I guess I have said that about PBL as well, but I think I feel more worked with these.
I did runway ready this morning. Loved it!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 04:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Yes, I am coming back to Cali! I will be in San Francisco
Nice! I used to live in Noe Valley. Now I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains. Good luck getting settled!

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics