Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-15, 09:24 AM  
jplain

DoYouYoga.com Premium courses - any reviews?

Does anyone have experience with the Premium content on DoYouYoga?

They have a 30% off code today (YOGADAY), and I'm a teensy bit tempted by Erin Motz's course . . . and Faith's . . . and Kino's. LOL. But I definitely don't need more yoga content, and I'm a little hesitant to purchase anything that can't be downloaded. (DoYouYoga is streaming only.)
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 09:45 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplain View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Premium content on DoYouYoga?

They have a 30% off code today (YOGADAY), and I'm a teensy bit tempted by Erin Motz's course . . . and Faith's . . . and Kino's. LOL. But I definitely don't need more yoga content, and I'm a little hesitant to purchase anything that can't be downloaded. (DoYouYoga is streaming only.)
I bought the Erin Motz content when she was raising money with Kickstarter. The modules you buy are complete and no additional content will be added. I'm happy with the segments. I know a lot of people were disappointed because there were promises made about length and level. I am happy with it because I'm not an hour yoga person. I use yoga as an add-on/cool down. For the cost, I think it's a good value. After discounts, you're getting hours of content for a fairly low fee. And you will have access forever.

I did Faith Hunter's meditation challenge and I loved it. That's the one I'm thinking about.

I'd recommend trying some of the free content to see if you like the instructors.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 12:57 PM  
jenn38

I too got in on this deal when it was on Kickstarter. Erin is the only yoga I have ever stuck with. I haven't really utilized the streaming site as much as I use YouTube though. I usually do her 30 day program as a cool down/stretch after my workouts and love it. I'm another person who isn't into long yoga workouts.
Old 06-16-15, 01:23 PM  
TinierTina

Never let short length ... or even wanting to Chant? ... Stop You

Erin Motz

Where to start regarding her?

I had not chosen known lineages–I am MUCH more open-minded than that. Suffice to say, that living in the big city, they’d chosen me. My curiosity got the better of me about a BAD first impression one of Motz' blog posts; after having been through the mill for the past more than 7 years, with some studios of known lineage, such as Dharma Mittra, OM Yoga, The Himalayan Tradition, Baptiste Power Vinyasa (ambient-temperature version), and of course, Krishnamacharya Yoga Therapy; then Shiva Rea and Yogea Artflow (yoga-modern dance fusion). Then, I went on doyouyoga and I found that some of Erin Motz' videos are pretty good. Many of the videos are impressive. She seems to have quite a lot of good energy..

Because I dance (and am not young) I definitely have a movement-driven practice. Add in that I do like the chanting, chakra talk, woo-woo and Sanskrit. Thus, I may not be a good student of this Erin Motz of MyYogaPro; in fact maybe pretty bad. But it's not due to preferring 55+ minute long practices.

I suppose, though I do not know how to do it yet: we lengthy-workout people could make a YouTube playlist.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 07:42 PM  
jplain

Thanks for all of your thoughts!

I should have asked this before, but for those who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign, have you used Erin's pose library? If so, was it useful to you?

The issue of class length is a funny one for me. I love 75-90 minute studio classes, so hypothetically I'd want longer video classes too. But at home I seem to do better with shorter practices because of distractions (kids!). Maybe I should find a place to stash my kids so I can practice in peace.

Debbie, thanks for mentioning Faith's meditation challenge. I'll definitely check that out. A few months ago I tried to start a daily meditation practice using a free online MBSR program, but I got bored. Plus I kept dozing off during the longer guided meditations. Ten minutes a day sounds like a better bet.
Old 06-16-15, 07:50 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplain View Post
Thanks for all of your thoughts!

I should have asked this before, but for those who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign, have you used Erin's pose library? If so, was it useful to you?

The issue of class length is a funny one for me. I love 75-90 minute studio classes, so hypothetically I'd want longer video classes too. But at home I seem to do better with shorter practices because of distractions (kids!). Maybe I should find a place to stash my kids so I can practice in peace.

Debbie, thanks for mentioning Faith's meditation challenge. I'll definitely check that out. A few months ago I tried to start a daily meditation practice using a free online MBSR program, but I got bored. Plus I kept dozing off during the longer guided meditations. Ten minutes a day sounds like a better bet.
JPlain, the Kickstarter program Erin put together was both modules in one. The segments were organized differently. IIRC, there were three modules of poses organized as easy, moderate and difficult. I think there were 18 or 19 poses in each module. The other modules were organized by 'issue.' Balance, strength, chill, etc. They gave us both pose library and yoga flows because we purchased them via Kickstarter.

I'd highly recommend the Faith Hunter meditation challenge. Every day has a different focus and are about ten minutes. It was perfect for me to do right after my workout. And her screen persona is awesome. I almost think I should buy it just to support her

PS Are you near JPLicks????

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 08:17 PM  
jplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
PS Are you near JPLicks????
Not anymore, but I used to be.
Love that place!
Old 06-23-15, 05:44 PM  
willwolf

Has anyone wound up purchasing Erin Motz's premium content? I'm also interested.
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote