Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-13, 10:47 AM  
mtngoat

So do threads about free vegetarian cookbooks and/or recipes fall into the OT group?

If so, I am guilty for posting thanks for same. I'm so dense I didn't even know I should feel guilty!

(OTOH, they may fit under 'wellness'. I agree, that term should be more defined more clearly.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
Old 11-04-13, 10:52 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

In addition to the already stated reasons, I deal with OT the way I do because these semi-annual reminders really do seem to work to cut down on the level of OT for quite a while, and because that strategy seems to me to be better than the alternatives. I also know there are times when one of our members truly does need help or support from friends and/or doesn't know where else to turn and I want to leave room for that to happen when it is needed. If the overall level of OT is under control, then I don't see that as a problem.

I'm going to close this thread, because I am comfortable with the way I deal with OT, and I'm not sure that discussing it further is productive and I don't want anyone to feel any worse about having started or responded to OT threads, either.

Edited to add: yes, I agree that sometimes topics labeled OT really are not, e.g. threads about illness or injury or other situations that affect your workouts or motivation.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Closed Thread

Tags
off-topic