Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-11, 04:16 PM  
daisysunshine

Leah Sarago: Ballet Body Periodization System

I think the System needs its own thread - only because the information (although similar to regular Ballet Body and information, this can be just for the system itself.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:21 PM  
Missiscipi

Thanks Daisy!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:24 PM  
jplain

Question for those who have the system: imagine you only have about an hour a day to exercise to videos, including warm up and cool down. Would the system be worthwhile, or would it make more sense to put together your own rotation?
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:27 PM  
Dawnee

Thanks Daisy. I'm starting BBPS from 1st September! I just need to plan my 'other' days.
Dawnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:28 PM  
daisysunshine

Caro - the plan comes with a detailed plan how to make your own workout, so you can get it and include the BB Warm-up and cool down on your own. So yes. for 10.00 it's worth it. (plus you get the basics).

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 08-15-11, 04:35 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnee View Post
Thanks Daisy. I'm starting BBPS from 1st September! I just need to plan my 'other' days.
I'm starting 4th September. (so i have a "full" month).

Old 08-15-11, 04:36 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplain View Post
Question for those who have the system: imagine you only have about an hour a day to exercise to videos, including warm up and cool down. Would the system be worthwhile, or would it make more sense to put together your own rotation?
I'm going to be awful and honest here, but I've never felt a huge need to either warm-up or cool down when doing only Ballet Body -- so I don't do either

I've never really felt it detrimental either... The moves are very precise and you can warm-up whilst doing them. My heart rate never gets out of control, so I don't miss a cool down.

Speaking for myself, I am intrigued to work with this as Leah has obviously put so much heart and soul into it. She obviously really believes in it, and I am willing to follow.

If I were you, I'd give it a go.

No offense to you (or others that have put together rotations), but I think it's likely that Leah knows better than anybody what will give maximum results.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:39 PM  
Missiscipi

yeah I am with you...im not doing a warmup or cooldown...I felt stretched out after doing the workouts today.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:44 PM  
trishthedish

I dont do a warm up or cool down either. If I feel tight later in the day, I'll just do some extra stretches, but I have been doing Ballet Body for over a year and I really havent noticed a problem with not "warming up" and "cooling down."
Old 08-15-11, 04:53 PM  
jplain

Perhaps my mentioning warm up and cool down is distracting from my main question. My understanding is that many of the days on the system are in the 60-90 minute range, which just isn't realistic for me. At all. Some days even 45 minutes is pushing it. Sure, there are days when I get in 90 minutes, but I either have to leave the house for that (yoga class) or the kids need to be gone for a few hours. As a homeschooler, that doesn't happen very often. (LOL, no sympathy needed. I being a homeschooler.)

So while I agree that Leah probably knows best, if 90 minutes is best, I'll have to settle for somewhat less than best. And that makes me wonder whether the system itself would be a worthwhile purchase for me.
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, barre, leah sarago, periodization system