Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-09, 02:50 PM  
ladysaraii

CLX substitutions (for fun and nosiness)

Is it sad that I haven't made it through one DVD in its entirety and I'm already thinking about subs?

I'm thinking mostly for the cardio and cardio circuit. I've read that a lot of people will be subbing in their own cardio for these workouts. Are you replacing like with like ex. Burn Intervals with another circuit/AWT workout?

I'm nosy. What subs are you making to CLX and how is that changing the rotation for you?

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 02:54 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I am doing the CLX cardio workouts, but sometiimes changing in one from the add-on DVD, just for variety, or sometimes doing another cardio (Chalene's "Kick, Punch and Jam" for example, or like today, a step workout). It just depends on what I feel like I need/want: pure cardio or a cardio/light weights interval type workout.

I really like the workouts that came with CLX.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 02:56 PM  
gigi

Hi Carmen,
I've JUST started the rotation. The one thing I'm going to miss the most is my variety of favorite cardios....ASC3, ITR, and many, many more. Right now I'm trying to follow the rotation as it is laid out to a T, but in the future I *may* have to sub in some of my favorite cardio. I'll get a feel for how things go this week. Maybe in my fourth week of each months rotation I can stick in an extra cardio or sub it in on the non-circuit days for variety.

I'm loving CLX...it is so unique.
Old 01-15-09, 02:58 PM  
BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysaraii
I'm thinking mostly for the cardio and cardio circuit. I've read that a lot of people will be subbing in their own cardio for these workouts. Are you replacing like with like ex. Burn Intervals with another circuit/AWT workout?
From Day 1, i've been subbing: Fat to Firm Fast, Shred, CardioMax (Bob's segment)

Disclosure: Details in profile on a professional relationship with a company who sells the types of products discussed here.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 03:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm only on my second week, but so far.... on the first "rest day" that Chalean calls for I've been doing kettlebells. I did Burn Intervals as prescribed both weeks, and I do like it, but think I may want a full hour of a circuit with light weights. I'm thinking of subbing in KCM new boot camp -- I've never done the weights portion of it, so I'm not sure how well it'll work with light weights. Or, maybe some Slim Series. I'm pretty sure I'll sub in for the Burn it Up or whatever it's called -- that one didn't do much for me -- I'll probably do kickboxing that day, if my glutes aren't too sore!!

B
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 03:43 PM  
silvil
VF Supporter

I did Burn Intervals only once -- it was just OK. I didn't want to go heavy during the weight segments and kinda lost focus. But the other cardio, Burn It Off, I love! It packs a punch in those 26 minutes. I've been doing it once a week on day 6 as scheduled.

I've subbed other cardios for days 2 & 4 -- at least one day per week of walk/run intervals, and Ilaria's new Powerstrike 5 or Bodystrikes. I'm looking for other ideas for cardio too!
silvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 04:11 PM  
BlackBerry

Bee, I was thinking of putting in some slim series,too. Or maybe Burn it up from Si6.

Disclosure: Details in profile on a professional relationship with a company who sells the types of products discussed here.
Old 01-15-09, 05:03 PM  
fit44

For right now, I'm not subbing. I was tempted to sub Burn Intervals today because I'm very sore.
I'm in the first week of push phase and I completed circuit 2 yesterday. First, let me say I was sore 4 hours after push circuit 1 on Monday. Now, I'm really sore. Can someone tell me why my armpits are sore? Circuit 2 hits all heads of the shoulder. How in the world are my armpits sore? Unless it residual soreness from bicep work Monday.
I don't mean to scare all of you but, good golly I'm sore!!! Not so bad that I can't function. This program kicks booty!
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 05:06 PM  
BlackBerry

Uhh, oh. I'm about to start Push next week (I'm skipping the 4th week of Burn, because I'm anxious to start Push.)

I had some general doms in Burn, but nothing to write home about.

Fit44 were you sore during Burn?

Old 01-15-09, 05:08 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

The Firm 500 Calorie workout is a good sub for Burn Intervals. I did it this morning and loved it! A couple of people over at YaYas are going to try Firm Chisel'd and Firm Dangerous something. The name escapes me right now.

fit44, I've had DOMS, too. I've had DOMS in my thighs in areas that I've never had before. Could the armpit soreness be from the push ups?
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean, chalean extreme, clx, substitution