Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-20, 07:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

This morning was one of those days when nothing, in terms of workouts, suited me.

I had BBFIT 35 Min HIIT Cardio scheduled for today but I have to go to the office and was simply not going to do HIIT at 5:30am. I'm off tomorrow and will do it tomorrow.

I started one of Pahla's Low Impact Cardio but after 9 minutes and her 5th "you guys" I've had enough and got out of there.

Then I did couple of Leslie's 1 mile workouts. One from youtube and one was from her Miracle Miles DVD. So at least I got 2 miles in.

Another very hot day here. It will be about 95F and no end in sight. This and the never-ending Covid drama is draining my energy.

Hi to everyone!
Old 07-07-20, 08:07 AM  
cherimac

Jessica Valant Stronger Bones Osteoporosis Workout A great mix of weight work and Pilates.

Donna~yeah, I agree about JV. After I read that I actually did a workout of hers and it was great. She's so inexpensive, too. I have her site for another three months unless I renew, so I need to use it.

Beth~Pelton sounds like fun.

Dana~summer is definitely here.

Carol~the PN workout feels really good.
Old 07-08-20, 06:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was:

Pahla B - Mood Busting Walking with Weights - 30 minutes

30 second intervals of walking along with 30 second weight moves, inchworm style. No rest.

Cheri - Sounds like a good workout by Jessica Valant. I've done her streaming before, but for some reason, I just don't like her weekly/monthly calendars. Not sure why. Maybe not enough pilates?

Dana - Ack! I hate exercise days like that. I feel like Goldilocks. Nothing suites me. I don't like the heat either and they are forecasting temps in the 100's to 110 range for us for the next week. That's hot for us! In the Canyon right south of us, it's always hotter, but they are predicting temps up to 120. I can't even imagine. This isn't Arizona.

Donna - Whose step count hasn't suffered - for multiple reasons - these days? It's going to be too hot for me to walk outside too, unless I go early in the morning, which is just hard for me to make happen.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 07:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

"Leslie" - Walk-Run-Lift 30 Min Workout - this was better in terms of outfits and a bit more variety in the "lifting" sections.

Trifecta Pilates - 20 Min Bosu Flow - I enjoyed using my very much under-used BOSU in this workout. I think Beth/Trifecta's niche may be her workouts w/ "toys"

Oh - for "steps" last night I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes listening to the audio from Pahla B's 31 Day Challenge, Day 1 - I think I will try that program at some point...her messages are very encouraging and down to earth.

Cheri - I have that workout planned for "some day" this month! I did a 90 day subscription, too, but I'm thinking about going to a yearly. I find her stuff is easy to fit in to whatever else I am doing.

Carol - Yes, Jessica V's calendars are more of a mix of things and not as much focused on Pilates. But, I think that is what I like about her!

Dana - I know what you mean - for us, here it is not the heat as much as the humidity and while it sunny, we also usually have quite a bit of haze in the air from the humidity.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 08:16 AM  
cherimac

PN Movement Medicine

Carol~I would not ever use JV's calendar. Definitely not enough Pilates for me. I do like the variety she has.

Donna~I'm still trying to decide about doing a yearly with her. She's really reasonable with her rates.

Dana~feel free to complain about the heat and I will complain when it's cold, haha.
Old 07-08-20, 05:44 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone!

Tuesday - Peloton app, scenic walk-California Beach
Wednesday - KBBody Scorcher 1, 40 minutes, I only used a 10lb KB with this one

Carol, I'm pretty sure the scenic walks are on the mobile app. I splurged on the Peloton Tread right before Covid started. Mine was delivered promptly, and then they stopped sales for a while. The tread monitor connects to the app, but I haven't tried it on my phone yet. We are backed up to open space near my home and have a growing coyote and bobcat population. It has been getting worse trying to walk outdoors. I love being able to walk indoors.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 07:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hey all!
My apologies for not posting much. I am still doing short pilates several times a week but not really any of the programs or streaming you guys do.

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate Donna on completing her rotation, Carol on her weight loss and everyone on their consistency!

Cheri I hope you get your furlough money.

Waves to Beth because I haven't yet!

Wishing you all fine health ♡‿♡

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 06:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Pahla B - 31 Day Challenge - Weight Loss for Women Over 50 - Day 3 - 25 minutes & Foam Roller Basics - Hips & Glutes - 8 minutes

Day 3 was an all cardio workout, but this one had rest intervals built in (yay!). 20 second work intervals with 10 second rest intervals made it seem pretty easy compared to some.

Linda - Good to see you!

Beth - Thanks for the information, and great timing on buying your treadmill right before things got locked down. I'll bet you used that baby a lot!

Cheri - How about I just complain about the heat and the cold? I've got to get back in the pilates swing.

Donna - As sporadic as I've been with my pilates lately, JV's calendar style would fit right in for me. When I subscribed to her site and followed her calendar, I suffered from perpetual "I'm not doing enough syndrome". Maybe I was, but it felt like I wasn't.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was - back to 'basics' for me-

Ellen - Skinny Sculpt

I will walk later and maybe stretch.

Last night I got on the TM for 30 minutes at a moderate/easy pace and listened to one of Pahla B's Fitness Matters (formerly Let's Run) podcasts. I find listening to her to be very motivating - not even just about fitness stuff but about life stuff as well. I listened to one about goal setting yesterday. It is all stuff we know, but need to be reminded of and to put into practice.

I have been mentally tired lately, I'm learning a lot of new things in my new job which is good - I had wanted to get broader experience. But, it is tiring and also somewhat frustrating b/c I like to know the answers and be the go-to person and I have to accept that right now, I'm not there - hopefully going through the full year cycle will help and by next year I'll be feeling more comfortable with things. Some things are outside of my comfort zone, but that is what I wanted....

And, my workplace is not good with training, it really is learn as you go and figure things out on your own. It really is something that is lacking there as I think it would pay to invest in training or mentoring among employees, it ends up being frustrating for everyone by not having these resources. Oh well. The good news is, the leadership in my new area is much more forgiving of mistakes and lack of knowledge than my last area - which expected perfection from day one with no training. Ugh.

Anyway....

Carol - I know what you mean re: JV's calendars they do tend to feel a bit skimpy to me, but I just add on to them - either w/ other Pilates workouts or other "general" workouts. I think her calendar would be fine on its own if you were an active person/had an active job. But since i sit all day - I felt the same way as you - so I do add on to her calendar with other workouts.

Beth - I'm jealous, LOL!

Dana - hang in there w/ the heat and sunshine!

Waves, Christine, I hope you are feeling better.

Hi, Linda!! Good to see you.

Waves to Brenda...

Hope I didn't miss anyone ---

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 07:35 AM  
cherimac

The Balanced Life Buns and Guns III I really enjoyed this one and will feel it tomorrow, I believe.

Beth~those walks sound so nice.

Donna~my jobs at BN have all been like that with training, haha.

Linda~check in when you can. We are all over the place with workouts here and like it that way!

Carol~JV's calendar is definitely a bit weird, as far as people who market themselves as Pilates go. It's nice because I can ignore it or use it as I want to.