Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-05-20, 02:30 PM  
donnamp

Hi Carol - which one did you buy the - Learn to Run at Home program or the Flexibly Fit?

On the Q&A she mentioned that she was going to do another 30 day program in September for body shaping!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 04:01 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone!

If I'd known Pahla was going to have another 50% sale I probably would have waited for it. Anyway, a few days ago I ended up joining Debra Atkinson's cafe. It's a bit expensive, but there is a lot of good information via the different workout rotations, podcasts, and other information on her website. I'm finally beginning to believe that moderation and 72 hours in-between strength workouts may be best for me. This seems to be very similar to what Pahla recommends. I started with a leg focus workout that runs for 12 weeks, and we'll see if I can stick with the rotation.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 06:39 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min. walk

Carol, good job on the 10lb loss!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 07:01 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were:

Outside Walk - 25 minutes;
Pahla B - Body Confidence Over 50 - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Lower Back Pain Relief - 10 minutes

Pahla's workout was pure strength. I used my "heaviest" weights (5lbs) - at least the heaviest I can use for the types of movements that Pahla generally uses. I had to drop down to 3 lbs for a couple of the exercises, but was able to manage the 5's for most of the workout.

My back is much better today - it's gotten better as the day has worn on, thankfully. I will still probably soak in the tub again tonight for a while.

Brenda - Thanks! It's definitely all about the number of calories consumed, at least for me.

Beth - I think it is similar to what Pahla recommends.

Donna - I bought the "Learn to Run" one, which is a joke, because I will never run, at least I don't think I will. I do enjoy Pahla's walk/run videos though. Was she talking about a Challenge type program, or another paper program? I am tempted by the Body Shaping program that I bought - the balanced one.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 07:54 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Carol, congratulations on the weight loss!

Beth
Old 07-06-20, 06:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I decided to give Leslie's Walk-Run-Lift a try and sub'd to her Daily Walk service for this month -and I somehow ended up w/ a free week, so I can cancel it and not be charged anything...which I may do, b/c I have plenty of Leslie on DVD to create countless Leslie rotations.

Anyway today was:

Leslie - Run-Walk-Lift 20 min workout. This is a circuit where you do 3 min walk, 2 min "run" (higher impact aerobics) and then some "lifting" w/ a resistance band. Nick lead this one and I think he may lead them all - he is ok - I don't love him. The strength training was just biceps and triceps. And the workout outfits are really unattractive - neon colors and odd designs. But, it got me moving, I got some steps in and I worked my triceps...so, it wasn't a total loss. The 30 and 40 minute programs are scheduled for this week so I will probably do them as well.

Trifecta Pilates - Standing Pilates Class - just about how it sounds, LOL! a chair was used for support and as a prop for exercises.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis - 12 min routine - this was a good rebalance type routine.

Carol - I thought the sale ended on the 5th, not the 4th, so I didn't end up buying it! On the Q&A she mentioned doing another You Tube 30 day challenge, similar to the one she did in January but for body shaping as opposed to weight loss. I really enjoyed listening to her Q&A. A real breath of fresh air in the workout world - she doesn't pretend to have all the answers and she is very practical in her suggestions.

Beth - Pahla has sales around holidays, I bet she has one for Labor Day.

I am considering buying the Learn to Run program and using the bike or TM for the intervals.

Waves, everyone.

Donna
Old 07-06-20, 10:00 AM  
cherimac

PN Happy Hips and Blissful Back

Carol~great news on the weight loss! I find that my back doesn't like traditional weight training much these days. I can do some upper body stuff but not tons of weighted lower-body moves. So odd.
Old 07-06-20, 08:44 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Sunday - Heavier lower body weights/cardio intervals
Monday - Peloton App Scenic walk, 75 minutes

I love the Peloton scenic runs, so today I went to Hawaii.

Hi Cheri and Donna!

Beth
Old 07-07-20, 07:02 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Pahla B - Pain Free Cardio - 30 minutes

This was all cardio, all the time. No weights. 50 second intervals, with a 10 second balance hold at the end of each 50 second interval as the "rest". I was sweating at the end.

Beth - That Peloton app scenic run stuff sounds good. We are headed for a stretch of 100+ days - maybe even approaching 110 degrees on a few days - so I may have to investigate that. Is that available with just the app?

Cheri - Nice job! I'm looking forward to the new PN workout.

Donna - I was sure not impressed with the new "Leslies". Yes, her sale just went through the 4th, not the entire holiday weekend.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 07:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Trifecta Pilates - Freedom Flow Pilates
Your Daily Walk - 1 Mile Bonus Burn
Jessica Valent Pilates - Seated Arm workout

Cheri - my back doesn't much enjoy a lot of heavy lower body standing weight/traditional work either. I wonder if it is b/c you spend so much time on your feet at work? I really like Jessica Valent's subscription site b/c she does incorporate some of that work, but not to the point of overkill.

Carol - sounds like a good workout from Pahla!

Beth - the walk sounds great.....I may hop on the TM later to do another mile. It is too hot/humid for outside these days, but I need to work on increasing my step count which has gone way down as of late!

Waves, everyone -

Donna