Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-20, 08:25 PM  
Honeydew

Bored.Now.....did you just make a Buffy reference?

My cats would play with my hair bands, earrings, and the ring of the lid to the milk bottle. I just did a youtube search for "fun things for cats to play with" Maybe one of the videos will have something your cats will have interest in.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:48 PM  
Jenn R

The website www.foodpuzzlesforcats.com has lots of ideas for cats. Cats spend a lot of time hunting if they are outdoor cats and indoor cats don’t get enough stimulation. There are some great ideas on this website. For older cats start with easier puzzles and they can work up to more difficult ones.
Jenn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 11:55 PM  
jusca

Is it possible to let them outside to explore the yard safely for stimulation? My cat never cared for toys after a few months of age however she loved going under the house and exploring the yard. Plenty of birds to tease her. I loved how they would dive bomb at her. lol The birds didn't hurt her but it was funny.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 12:21 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

This is the only cat activity toy I can get my senior lap cat to interact with (and I've tried so many different types of toys): https://www.amazon.com/Trixie-4590-A.../dp/B001O8L2UO

...probably because it involves the usage of tuna temptations cat treats. Even so, I sort of have to get on the floor and help him stay engaged with it because he gives up and loses interest too easily at times. I only bring it out once in a blue moon though. Kitty seems pretty satisfied just curling up in my lap most of the time or laying in a sunny window.

I've only had my kitty for a few years so I'm not sure how much he was into toys when he was younger.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 07:07 AM  
PhyllisG

Harness and lead
We are going out
After a walk everyone naps
My cats are leash trained. That in itself is an adventure
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 08:28 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I'm not sure if my cat is bored or lonely - or both. The senior kitty in my avatar passed away in March, just before the shutdown. My now only cat is about 5 and I've only had her for a couple of years with the older cat, never alone. So I've been "shopping" for a companion. I just don't know if she wants one or she's just glad to have me to herself.

She used to love Da Bird feather toy. She meows at me to come play, but when I join her, she doesn't do much. She has been getting the zoomies at weird times and in my small house it's kind of scary. I'm afraid she'll crash into something. Google says she needs a kitty companion
Old 06-27-20, 09:10 AM  
Carol K

I've found that two cats are better, even if they're aren't BFFs like my two are definitely not. When they get bored, they torment each other, so that takes care of that. Precious wouldn't go outside if you paid her. Lily would, but we live on the 4th floor of a 6 story building and she never gets as far as the elevator. I'm not sure what will happen if the neighbor's Siberian Husky spots her. I'll have to fling my entire body over her to prevent major carnage.
Old 06-27-20, 09:45 AM  
sherry7899

Our female tuxedo cat is definitely bored! A few days ago I could not find her after hunting all over the house , checking her usual spots . I shook the cat food container and she came out of hiding. She was in the cabinet above the refrigerator! This morning I found her on top of my curio cabinet. She jumped off the piano to get up there. We had put a small set of shelves on the top to keep her from going up there. She managed to get up there without knocking the shelves over. This is the cat who as a kitten climbed the curtains and hung off the curtain rod! She is a little terror! Luckily our two males are much better behaved.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 10:13 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
This is the cat who as a kitten climbed the curtains and hung off the curtain rod! She is a little terror! Luckily our two males are much better behaved.
Oh, wow, yes! Our only female kitty of five pets does this like she's a monkey! I am hoping she'll grow out of it as she gets older, and you've given me a sliver of hope she will!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 10:22 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Oh, wow, yes! Our only female kitty of five pets does this like she's a monkey! I am hoping she'll grow out of it as she gets older, and you've given me a sliver of hope she will!
She stopped hanging from the curtain rod when she was fully grown, but she has found plenty of other trouble!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat topic