Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-15, 09:33 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Wow. I had no intention of "jumping on" anyone when I expressed MY opinion, which didn't agree with the other poster. My opinion addressed the expectation of modifications by instructors, and was nothing personal. I also feel "jumped on" if I can't express my opinion without being seen as the "bad guy" when my posts are misinterpreted. I also get over it because this is a message board and I don't know anyone here IRL to take it personally and there is far too much value shared on this forum to write a "goodbye cruel board" post every time someone disagrees with me. So please, post on, but don't expect me to stop posting when I disagree with you, and feel free to post why you disagree with me.

To topic, I finally got to go through the clips in their entirety, and I'm a bit disappointed as they do look the same as the previous peak workouts. I'm not talking about the format, which I would expect to be the same, but the movements themselves. I'm very much on the fence as I like Michelle, but don't need more of the same.

Thanks for sharing the link, Leanne. Maybe there is something there to persuade me one way or the other.
WOW!!! Thanks for jumping on me. I did not mention or quote you in my post. I was trying to make lorajc feel better and wanted here. You are totally out of line.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 10:06 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Everyone take a deep breath. I truly think everyone here is trying to be helpful in their own way, let's not let the thread get derailed by unnecessary personal attacks.

We all want to enjoy our workouts, no matter our current state of fitness or health, and we want our VF friends to enjoy their workouts. We all want to be able to enjoy workouts without injury and we want our VF friends to be able to do the same. Sometimes our ideas for doing these things don't always match, and our experiences lead us to different conclusions, but I hope everyone can try to assume the best of one another when we share those ideas. Thanks.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 11:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I apologize, WWWendy, and I also apologize to afirmrose. I misunderstood afirmrose's original post as a "pile on." Now I am bowing out of this thread.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 06:53 PM  
lorajc

I'm not posting on this thread any longer also, I just want to say....my thread was misunderstood in a LOT of ways.....just wanted to mention that I have contacted Michelle in the past and know that she offers NO modifier because her workouts ARE advanced and that is the way SHE intends it....I simply said I wished she would offer a modifier because I really LOVE her....that's all I have to say any longer on this subject.

Everyone have a great day or evening.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 06:56 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
If I was an instructor, I wouldn't want injured people to do my advanced workouts because I would be afraid they would hurt themselves even more.

Lora, we know you are accustomed to modifying your workouts, but many people don't know how to do that in a safe way, and if instructors start addressing people who shouldn't really be doing a particular workout because they are injured, I think they would not only be setting themselves up for a lawsuit, but I also think it would be a disservice to the advanced exercisers for whom the workouts were designed. Having one participant do modifications is a nice touch, but if a workout is intended for advanced exercisers, I'm not sure why people with a new or chronic injury would want to do it at all, until they are in the proper physical condition to handle it.

Frankly, it seems incredibly unwise to do that, whether we have an injury or are just out of shape. There are instructors I think are wonderful, but I don't do their workouts right now because I know they are too advanced for me, and I worry that I might hurt myself trying to keep up. I am not so attached to any one instructor that I'm willing to risk injury just to do her workouts. There are so many other great options out there, and I would much rather do what I can safely manage, than jump on the latest advanced workout bandwagon and end up getting hurt because it was a foolish choice for me.

Lora, you have posted in the past about so many injuries, that sometimes I worry that you are pushing yourself too hard and too quickly, simply because you have a personal need to keep doing very challenging workouts. I don't know how to suggest this gently, but have you considered cutting way back on the intensity and frequency of your workouts to see if that might help you better recover from your injuries? Have you ever considered starting over as a beginner and gradually working your way back up to the tough stuff, to give your body a chance to rest and heal? You certainly don't have anything to prove to us here at VF, and I'm sure many of us have done exactly what I'm suggesting you try.
Don't worry....I'm not pushing myself hard at all, I take it WAY easy with all of the injuries I've had, I'm not stupid. It's impossible for me to push it the way you are thinking of. I always keep that Tony Horton expression in my head....whatever it was ...Do what you can and forget the rest. If I have to approximate a move because I can't even do it, that's what I do....I've been doing this for over 20 years with my spinal injury. I'm pretty good at it.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 06:17 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Found the info on new stuff!

I found this: http://www.michelledozois.com/30-day...e/#prettyPhoto

This doesn't officially open until tomorrow (so I wouldn't go ordering). I asked Michelle if she planned on selling the workouts without participating in the challenge and she responded: "Hi Denise, I don't think you will have a problem getting in the group. I am not sure if I will release the videos outside the program quite yet. I am still working out some details."

Hmm, $97 seems like a lot for two 60 minute workouts, 2 30 minutes ones and a 30 minute Fit Test. I am not sure I'd be able to use the Fitness Glo membership. Plus I wonder how she would have had a 30 day challenge if she didn't film the "extra 3, 30 minute workouts". That would have gotten boring with only 2 workouts.

So...guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see if she decides to sell the workouts without all the other components.

Is anyone interested after seeing all this?

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 07:55 PM  
Gatorfan76

Nice find Denise!

It is kind of pricey, but are the workouts DVD's or downloads ? It doesn't specify...
Old 01-12-15, 08:31 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
Nice find Denise!

It is kind of pricey, but are the workouts DVD's or downloads ? It doesn't specify...
I am pretty sure they are dvds.

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 01-13-15, 09:42 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Sorry, wrong post.

Old 01-13-15, 10:05 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I am pretty sure they are dvds.
Denise
I read on Facebook that they will be DVDs (not downloads).

I'm on the fence about this, too. I'm in the middle of a BodyShred rotation, and would have to end it two weeks early. It does seem pricey, but I think it's because you're paying for all the support (weekly phone calls, meal plan, etc.).

Has anyone signed up for it?
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois