Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-11, 10:03 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Even though the storm dumped around 10 inches in the Northern NJ area, the real problem was the 10 inches of rain we had just a few weeks ago plus all the rivers that converge in this area. The flooding is unimaginable in this area. Plus it's so populated around here and there are buildings and homes right by the rivers where they should have never built. Nowhere for all the rain to drain and once the rivers crest, it's all over. Those pictures of Paterson, NJ are horrifying. I live not too far from there and I never remember flooding like that!
Ok, that makes sense. I didn't realize that the area just had so much rain. And all this brings up a good debate about building so close to beaches and rivers. It can be scary living near the coast during these bad storms. I saw a few homes fall into the water on the news. It's crazy.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 03:26 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellens2 View Post
My husband bought a generator just in case but we didn't need it so he loaned it to his parents. Some jerk last night decided it would be a great idea to steal our brand new generator! Unfortunately, homeowners won't cover it. So we get to pay for a generator that we never got to use.
Geez that really stinks. I'm sorry Ellen.

Some people are just mean. It never ceases to amaze me.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 03:29 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
I'm glad everyone made out ok. I'm in Central Mass and the storm was bad here for a while. So much rain! But, nothing like Vermont. We were lucky that we never lost power even though most of my town was out until today. We did lose cable until about an hour ago. My husband bought a generator just in case but we didn't need it so he loaned it to his parents. Some jerk last night decided it would be a great idea to steal our brand new generator! Unfortunately, homeowners won't cover it. So we get to pay for a generator that we never got to use.
That's awful! I'm so sorry...and they are very costly.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 06:48 PM  
faith458

That's awful that someone stole your generator. I would be insane without my generator. As it is, I'm getting grumpy and cranky. Hopefully, it will be back before soon. They are saying some people won't have it back until next Wednesday. My school started back. Since we don't run the generator when we are gone, I've lost most of the items in the refrigerator.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 03:30 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Glad you guys are ok.

Ellen; That's terrible about your generator! Glad you and your are ok though.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 06:41 AM  
jplain

Yay, we finally got power back!

Quote:
Some jerk last night decided it would be a great idea to steal our brand new generator! Unfortunately, homeowners won't cover it. So we get to pay for a generator that we never got to use.
That sucks. If you paid for it by credit card, check your card terms.
Many credit cards will cover loss, damage, and theft.
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 07:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplain View Post
Yay, we finally got power back!
I'm so glad to hear it! There are people at my office who still do not have power.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 06:43 PM  
faith458

Congratulations jplain. I have to confess, I'm incredibly jealous. According to the electric company, my electricity should be restored Tuesday. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. My sister and parents live in 2 different towns in different parts of the state. My parents are projected to have power tomorrow, my sister next Wednesday. I'm hoping that they are just giving us worst case scenarios.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 12:18 AM  
vplan

We got our power today at last. It was very uncomfortable week. Some of my collegues still don't have electricity and they have small children.
Old 09-02-11, 01:35 AM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

Another Nutmegger here without power as of Thursday evening. Stayed with friends three nights and now I'm in a hotel. From CP&L's website, it now looks hopeful for tomorrow.

http://www.cl-p.com/Home
click my outage status. There are three tabs with alternative ways to check the status.

Have yoga practices on my ipod, and keeping up with yoga throughout this, lots of neck and shoulder stretches.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricanes