Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-11, 10:37 AM  
difit

CLX: Burn Circuit

I'm sorry for another CLX question. I just got CLX a couple months ago from a kind trader. I did find a lot of threads about CLX. They were too many to go through them all.

I just finsh my third week of the circuit phase and have another week to go. The first week was more of trail to make sure I had the right weight.

Circuit 1: Is my least favorite of the phase. I just don't feel like I'm getting a workout at all. Some of the combos for example dead lift with posterior fly. If I go heavy for the dead lift I can't use that weight doing the fly I would hurt my shoulder. If I go light for the fly it's too light for the dead lift.

Circuit 2: Was alot better than circuit 1. Of the three this is the favorite.

Circuit 3: Another that was just ok. I don't feel like I'm working out at all.

I did like Burn Intervals but I usually don't like to use light weight during cardio. I perfer just cardio. I have been alternating burn interval with another cardio that I have.

Burn it off was ok I also alternated with another cardio

I did like the AB Burner and the Recharge I like too but I also alternating this with another yoga that I have.

After 3 weeks of the Circuit phase I still don't see any diifference or feel stronger. I feel like I lost some strength and tone that I got from S90. I just finish S90 rotation before I started CLX.

Does anybody feel the same way about the Burn Circuit Phase? Am I doing something wrong? I hope the Push and Lean Phase are better than the Circuit Phase.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 10:52 AM  
BurnRN

I didn't feel like this last year when I did 2 CLX rotations, but then again I hadn't been doing any weight training prior to that. By the end of the Burn Circuit I was doing some pushups on my toes and I started to see some muscle definition (particularly posterior delts). Are you lifting to failure? I agree about some of the combos being a little mismatched. With the example you used with the deadlift and posterior fly I used the lighter weight for the fly and really tightened up my glutes while doing the deadlift.

Most people love the Push phase since there are no combo moves, simply lifting to failure at 6-8 reps. With the Lean phase, the combos are back and they are extremely challenging.

Don't give up yet. It's a great program.
Melanie
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 11:41 AM  
ADoll

If I remember correctly, I used lighter weights in the Burn phase because of the combo moves and do 8-12 reps. But once you get in the Push phase, you lift heavier and do only 6-8 reps. Finally, in the Lean phase, you lift lighter again and that's where most people saw the best results. Like what Melanie said, it's a great program.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 02:16 PM  
mmis29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnRN View Post
Are you lifting to failure? I agree about some of the combos being a little mismatched. With the example you used with the deadlift and posterior fly I used the lighter weight for the fly and really tightened up my glutes while doing the deadlift.

Most people love the Push phase since there are no combo moves, simply lifting to failure at 6-8 reps. With the Lean phase, the combos are back and they are extremely challenging.

Don't give up yet. It's a great program.
Melanie
ICAM with Melanie's post. Burn is the least challenging phase, and I think the mismatched combos make it even less challenging. But wow do I love Push and Lean. You *really* need to go heavy, esp during Push since you do so few reps. You will be really surprised at how heavy you can go with so few reps.

Consequently as I type this, I'm sitting here wolfing down Kashi Go Lean crunch following a killer workout: Push Circuit 3
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 04:35 PM  
PeakFitness

I felt the same way about Burn, the whole thing was mismatched combos, 1 was worse, 2 was a little better, but the whole phase was very shoulder intense.

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx, clx burn circuit