Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-14, 01:40 PM  
intelsana

Barre3 instructor audition

Has anyone done a barre3 or any other barre instructor audition? They are opening a barre3 near me and signed up for the audition. Any advice or insights?
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 02:01 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Cultivate a manner of speaking like Sadie? Per other thread??

Seriously, though, would love to hear if other VFers have insight. There was a thread about barre3 instructor training a while back... someone disappointed that she wasn't asked, but her friend was, or something along those lines...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 04:41 PM  
Eibhinn

Yes, I recall that there was a VFer who had been consistently doing Barre3 workouts who was annoyed that her friend, who was very new to Barre3, was asked to audition as an instructor, seemingly because the friend had the right "body type." I shared that I have a naturally very tall and thin cousin and when someone was opening a Pilates studio in my hometown they paid for my cousin (their babysitter) to get certified, I'm quite sure because it's much easier to find someone with a "Pilates" (or Barre3 or whatever) body and teach them the method/train them to teach than for anyone who doesn't already have that body type to actually transform their body through dedication to the particular method. So worth knowing ahead of time that there seems to be precedent that part of the audition process, if not openly acknowledged, might be looking for people with the bodily proportions they want to convince clientele that Barre3 creates.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 04:52 PM  
lynnf

I have to say that at my barre3 studio the instructors seem really well trained and some do not have super thin body types. It might vary by the franchise.

Also after taking classes there with a wider variety of instructors, it turns out that not all of them sound like Sadie.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-14, 02:06 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

How did the audition go for you?