Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-14, 09:01 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
What do I need to play these? I DVD player that has internet connection? is it hard to set it up? Thanks
PS why of why I opened this thread....
All you need it the internet and you can stream through any of your electronic devices. I use my iPad and hook an adapter to my HDMI cable to my tv. You can use any smart phone, computer, laptop, Apple TV and I think Roku. I think you will love these workouts.

Cheryl
Old 04-26-14, 09:04 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Those of you whose bikes are gathering dust, why aren't you doing Cathe's spin workouts??? I really like them. Just wondering why you don't ???
I have Cathe's Spin DVDs and they just aren't as fun. These classes are live and the music is driven and makes you push harder. Cathe has the remix music. I think there is so much more variety with these workouts. Plus, they offer TRX classes, they have ab workouts, tabatas. Check out their websites.

Cheryl
Old 04-26-14, 10:20 AM  
PLS

Cheryl- no the check in ended. Your cardio endurance will come up really fast with the spin workouts. The best part about all of these workouts- TRX, Spinning, etc. is the variety. With the weekly addition of new workouts, as long as you DON'T just do your same favorites over and over, there is an element of muscle confusion that keeps pushing your body to adapt and progress. I can do the Sufferfest workouts (and really like them) but I have done them so many times that my brain and muscles know what to expect and even when I push, I am pushing based on what I KNOW is coming up so I don't overwork and can finish the workout. With the ever changing workouts on SSOD it is like going to class with Tina at the gym, she doesn't do it the same each class so you really don't know what is coming up 20 minutes down the line and if you push as hard as the instructors are you really get a different workout each class.

Sancho- for me Cathes workouts are great and I like them, but there is a dread factor for me. And every time I play them it is always the same. SSOD has different instructors so that variety alone helps me mentally. I like the music much better, it is for me a lot like going to the gym for class, but our gym costs $650 a year for a family and the time involved isn't worth the cost. To get into a spin class I have to call on the day of the class a week in advance to get on the list for class the following week. And you must call by 8 a.m. or you won't get in. So I won't be renewing my gym membership because SSOD is more convenient and I have all of the equipment anyway. But I will never give up my DVD's and I will always get what Cathe puts out workout wise. And as Cheryl said- the TRX workouts alone are worth the membership to SSOD

Penny
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 12:26 PM  
momof10

Penny - thanks for the encouragement. I am definitely going to persevere with the spinning these have really peaked my interest in spinning again.

Cheryl
Old 04-27-14, 05:30 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I have to say they have outstanding CS. Replyed to my question almost immediately. That's good sign!! I give one of the free classes a try tomorrow.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 06:13 PM  
momof10

Quote:
I have to say they have outstanding CS. Replyed to my question almost immediately. That's good sign!! I give one of the free classes a try tomorrow.
Please let us know what you think. I am loving these classes. The TRX ones are just what I have been looking for.

Cheryl
Old 04-27-14, 07:53 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Please let us know what you think. I am loving these classes. The TRX ones are just what I have been looking for.

Cheryl
I will try one spin and maybe one TRX. Which classes do you recommend?

David Goggins
Old 04-28-14, 04:03 AM  
momof10

Quote:
I just started the classes last Wednesday. I did TRX/Cardio by Brooke 10/10/13 and loved it. If you are doing the 7 day free trial, they only give you about 9 classes to choose from. I wish they would let you have free access, because I think more people would sign up. I think there is just a TRX Express in the free trial.

Cheryl
Old 04-28-14, 04:57 AM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hi Macska,

I joined SSOD in Jan. First, I downloaded a few classes, then I got the All Access Pass to use the workouts in the library. To me, any workout by Cat Kom, Brooke and Rebecca are great to try. Bethany and Mike have been mentioned favorably too.

I am also a Cathe fan so I use her workouts too, but for spinning it has been mainly SSOD workouts except for the time I did Cathe's Ride. Ride was easier so I knew my spin fitness had improved. I'm a beginner when it comes to TRX so they are good and challenging. I think you will enjoy these workouts.

Lollie
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 07:32 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Does anyone understand this? When I try to use the blueray instead of that 4 digit code only the "error" sign comes up. It is soooo frustrating. They keep sending me the same email about the same thing but does not help. How do you guys get that 4 digit code to enter? I know I'm technically challenged....

David Goggins