Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-14, 04:53 PM  
BunnyHop

metfan,

Have either of you looked on acne.org? They've got lots of great advice.
http://www.acne.org/regimen.html#regimen_howto

I had some skin trouble a few years back, and for me, dealing with inflammation as part of the treatment plan was key. Terry Dubrow's 'The Acne Cure' book did me a lot of good. (Ultimately, it turned out I was dealing with a fungal infection, so when I got treatment for that the skin problem went away completely, but a good skincare regimin helped things stay under control in the meanwhile).

Product lines like proactiv can work well, but IMO, a lot of them are all about the marketing, and they can be overpriced.

The Paula's Choice company I mentioned above is a good choice in general when you know which active ingredient products you need. Prices aren't bad, and so far as I've ever been able to tell, the products do what they claim.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 05:02 PM  
met fan

Wow. That is very helpful. I sent a link to my son. I think he will try it. If it helps, the cost is worth it. Thanks.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 06:25 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Acne.org has lotsbof information.
I used the info on that site for my two sons who struggled with bad acne in their teens and it definitely helped a lot.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:08 PM  
killoffsonny

I have been a regular user of Paula's Choice skin care products for this past year because of recommendations on this forum. I have also discovered BB/CC creams which I love. The one I liked best was Smashbox CC cream and of course it was the most expensive of the three that I've tried.

I am anxious to try IT cosmetics. I hear good things about the eye concealer.
Old 01-01-14, 07:13 PM  
nairie

Acne.org is a very good website!

I've had acne on/off since I was 13. Not cystic but it's just always been there.
I used Accutane once. Lucky for me, I didn't have ANY side effects. It worked wonderfully but my acne came back. Acne is such a pain and unfortunately no cure for it. I really sympathize with acne sufferers

Acne.org sells Benzoyl Peroxide for a good price and I think it's gentle on the skin and works well. Comes in a big tube and not very pricey.

Also, 1/2 ACV and 1/2 water as a toner (tip I got from acne.org) works well on the face. Using a Baking soda as a scrub (once in a while) is good too but I don't think it's good for cystic acne as it may aggravate it.

My acne is finally better (for me, I seriously think eating lower carb made a huge difference). I use retin-a, alpha hydoxy cream and coconut oil on my face (alternate the 3 most nights)

I take my makeup off with olive oil then wash off with Purpose or, when I have extra $, I LOVE the Philosophy face wash. It's excellent and has never dried my skin. I think it's called Purity? I use Cerave moisturizer which I love as well.

? have to update/365
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:22 PM  
MelissaR

Recommendations for Tinted Lip Treatment (other than Fresh Sugar)

I've been a long time user of the Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatments & have several of the different colors. They're fantastic & I love them, but lately I feel like I need a little more moisture. I'm even willing to give up my requirement of it having SPF in it.

I considered getting the It Cosmetics Lip Vitality 4-in-1 anti-aging lipstick stain. Has anyone tried it? I've read reviews & it sounds good. Another one I considered is Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint. Reviews indicate that several swipes are needed to give some color. Sounds like it might not have enough color for me.

I recently ordered Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick. I tried this on at a Sephora store & got this mostly for the color (Berry Bliss). It's not as hydrating as I would like, but the color is good, even after it starts to wear off.

Recently, I came across Dior Serum de Rouge Luminous Color Lip Treatment SPF 20 (saw this online at Nordstrom). Reviews are good, but it's expensive so it needs to be super great at that price. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for any other suggestions of a tinted lip balm that gives a good amount of color & lots of moisture.

~ Mel
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:26 PM  
sherry7899

I like the tinted lip balms from the site "For Goodness Grape" and from the Etsy seller "Epically Epic."

http://www.etsy.com/shop/EpicallyEpi...ion_id=7530456

http://www.forgoodnessgrape.com/lip-...shimmer-tints/

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:28 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I can't believe its the New Year The only thing I love more than workouts is Makeup/Skincare/Haircare. My best finds of 2013 were.... It Cosmetics. Love this line. The tightliner Mascara is awesome, made a rebuy and thats not often.The lipstsin/cheekstain is great too. The powder foundation that doesn't settle is brilliant. I just bought a kit on QVC and will report on that later. I also loved the lipstick/gloss dou from Dalton that ROCKED. Anyone looking for the natural look will love this. Doesnt drain your face void of color. I also bought the Hair Perfector Hot brush thing which is great , no regrets here. I also bought a Clarisonic Mia which I LOVE. My first Clarisonic was still going strong since I 1st got in 12/09 but the thought of it dying scared me so I bought a new one and sent the old one to DD.
To Marika and others who have a Clarisonic:

Do you think that brand is worth the money? I have a similar product from a drug store that was considerably less expensive. I wonder if I should spring for the real deal. The product explanation on QVC is very convincing, but I wondered what people who actually own them think. Thanks for your thoughts.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:57 PM  
met fan

I just ordered the regimen acne treatment for my son. He really wants to try it and it seems economical. It seems like a nice,honest,reputable site. I like how they have a video explaining the steps and it is simple. 19 year old boys seem to have an attention span of a gnat. I a am so glad I asked the question. You have been very helpful. I may have to get some of that lip balm. It looks yummy.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 09:23 PM  
pharma_gal

How are Paula's choice products? Are they too chemical laden? Im trying to switch to all natural but that is quite expensive. So I want to settle somewhere in between for now. thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx