Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-14, 05:41 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Thanks for sharing!
Is Collage still offering free ship at 25$?
If you order two or more, you get free shipping.
http://www.collagevideo.com/pages/shipping-and-returns

Happy shopping!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 06:25 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thank you, Susan!

I might be able to trade for the last JVs that I want but in case it doesn't, I know where to go!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 08:32 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Oh great! Please share your thoughts once you've viewed it!
I hope to get my books soon and will tell you what I think of PP, absolutely!
If you're a member on Paperbackswap, they also have 4 copies available right now! (I didn't have any credits and just chose to buy it from an Amazon Marketplace.)
I did the Interval workout last night and here are my first impressions, will try to do a break down tomorrow.

If you are a die hard Insanity or Turbo Jam fan, this won't be aerobic enough for you. It's non impact and she doesn't use any weights. The workout consists of giant sets of standing leg, hip/butt, and thigh movements, (you will recognize most of them from her floor work) mixed in with 30 seconds of fast walking, grapevine steps, or side to side movements. She varies them and there are no rests. Key highlights are Joyce saying things like "hippity hop" repeatedly and I swear there is some manic laughter in there. You have to watch her finding her rhythm while stepping in beat to the music. I say this in fun because I adore Joyce and she's someone I bet would be great fun to hang out with. Marthe does the counting and tries to keep a straight face.

I just did the first interval, ending at 20 minutes. I liked this workout because I don't like cardio, (I was never able to finish Cathe's Low Impact because of cardio dread) but I pushed through and the 20 minutes was gone before I knew it.

I then did the Easy Does It stretching and really, really enjoyed it. I can definitely tell this has been missing from my routine and need to focus more on flexibility. You get a nice 40 minute full body stretch and it was so relaxing afterwards. This will be a welcome addition to foam rolling.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 08:38 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Beth,
thank you so much for your review! It sounds like I'd really enjoy it then as more and more high intensity workouts seem to become part of my past the older I get.
I saw the short clip on YT and already that short segment made me smile about Joyce when she starts walking; somewhere here I even read that she starts singing in Spanish?
I totally agree with you, I think she'd be awesome to hang out with and admire her completely! I'm not quite 40 yet but she's seriously already my role model whom I look up to!

Also thank you for telling me about the stretching part! I love stretching but don't do it enough, so this sounds perfect for me!
[Yay, my JV collection is growing each day! LOL]

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 07:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
this is great to hear. do you really squeeze your muscles as Joyce suggests using the 3# DBs?

for me, my "happy weight" is the 8# dumbbell set. i can go as heavy as 15# for lat rows. and high rep has always been great for me.
I never thought about it, but I think the 8 lb db set is my "happy weight" too. The 3s and 5s are too light usually, and though I can go heavier, I usually don't feel the need and still get results. Any particular workouts you can recommend that work best for you?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 05:00 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Definition is one of Joyce's best routines, in my opinion. I would go with Definition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I think The Complete Bottom's Up Gold Plus! and Speedy, Non-Stop! are the best.
Few questions for either of you, or for anyone else (please share your thoughts! :
* Since we only visit the U.S. once (sometimes twice) a year, I went ahead and ordered a few of her books on Amazon to arrive to us when we arrive there soon. Cannot wait . I ordered:
12-Minute Total Body Workout
Weight Training Made Easy
The Bathing Suit Workout
Definition

I just realized that you highly recommended The Complete Bottom's Up Gold Plus & Speedy, Non-Stop. I obviously have more than enough to work with . If you were me, and the price was great (Amazon used is almost always fabulous) and you seldom travel to the U.S. - would you order the other two, or is that more than enough?

* Her DVDs are at an amazing price. I keep hearing that her DVDs are not that great. Thoughts? Just the books for now and see how I like it?

* I'm overthinking all this, as I tend to always do, how should I implement JV along with ALL my other stuff - Leslie, Rebounding, Yoga, Barre? Should I do JV every other day, or just for the 12 or so minutes every day as she recommends?

Thank you all so much.
Old 07-28-14, 11:15 PM  
Scorpio6

I always like to get both the book and the DVD that corresponds to it. But that's just me. I find the two complement each other because there is stuff in the book that isn't on the DVD -- but on the other hand, the DVDs are more recent and she has usually updated the DVD with bonus material or modifications.

So there you have it. Gotta get both.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 03:05 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
So there you have it. Gotta get both.
Thank you! You're tempting me and I love it .
Old 07-29-14, 07:00 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Few questions for either of you, or for anyone else (please share your thoughts! :
* Since we only visit the U.S. once (sometimes twice) a year, I went ahead and ordered a few of her books on Amazon to arrive to us when we arrive there soon. Cannot wait . I ordered:
12-Minute Total Body Workout
Weight Training Made Easy
The Bathing Suit Workout
Definition

I just realized that you highly recommended The Complete Bottom's Up Gold Plus & Speedy, Non-Stop. I obviously have more than enough to work with . If you were me, and the price was great (Amazon used is almost always fabulous) and you seldom travel to the U.S. - would you order the other two, or is that more than enough?
I bought a couple of Joyce's books, but I didn't keep them because I prefer DVDs. As far as what videos to buy, as with everything, finding what you like is trial and error. I didn't like Definition, but most people do. Most people like The Complete Bottom's Up Gold Plus!, and I highly recommend it. It's a long workout, even if you split days, which is why I don't do it often, but it will work you out all over!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 04:38 PM  
txfitmom

Just a little reminder that Joyce still has her sale on her DVD package on her website. You select the 6 DVD package for $39.98, but list the names of 7 DVD titles in the order comments box. So instead of getting 6, you get 7 DVDs which comes out to $5 and change for each DVD. That is an amazing deal!

http://www.joycevedral.com

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamic tension, fast forward, joyce vedral, top shape, weight loss, weights only