Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-17, 08:29 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

biggest hits (and misses) for 2017 for you

For me definitely discovering Codyapp. I'm very happy with the boundless energy of Mike Donavanik and his App as well.
For the misses, some of the barre streaming workouts. I just can't take whooping...
Eagerly waiting for BB's new 80 days Obsession.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:59 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Biggest hit for me was finding HASfit on Youtube. Great content and it's free! You can make a donation through Patreon which I think I will do because their stuff is worth it. I just bought the new Jessica Smith but haven't tried it yet so that might be the biggest hit for 2018...we'll see!

I don't think I had any misses. There were a couple of sets I was going to buy but then VFers gave them less than stellar reviews so I held off.

I hadn't heard about the new BB set. I googled it and the name is 80 Day Obsession with Autumn Calabrese. Looks interesting and they're doing a 5 day intro called A Little Obsessed just after Christmas, but it's only for BBOD subscribers.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 09:25 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

My fitness buying is down, I still bought plenty of DVDs but most of them were meh....I did have some gems though:

Gems:

Margaret Richard Sculpture - was afraid of this one, but it's favorite for sure
Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt, finally bought this after wanting it for a couple of years, why did I wait so long?

Lots of mehs, not going to list them because I wouldn't call them duds, but they just weren't for me. I would rather spotlight my gems, even though most are vintage.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 12:30 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hits:
  1. Getting back to being a regular student at the yoga studio
  2. Essentrics TV subscription - CS and Essentrics are making all my other workouts stronger
  3. Bellyfit TV
  4. Dusting KCM's Slim Sculpt and Strength and Stamina off the shelf (I've had those since pre-ordering!) and discovering I love them and want to learn more about kettlebells.

Biggest miss: also dusting off Kelly's Trim Down and Joni-O'ing it after trying the first minute. There's no between with Kelly for me - it's either hit or miss.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 12:54 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Best:
Spotify! Makes gym workouts fly by.
No-tie elastic laces. I put them on all my athletic shoes.
Shiatsu massage pillow
Eat Lift Thrive book
Loop resistance bands, like these

Worst:
Body Glide, like rubbing a glue stick on my skin. $8 down the drain.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 02:07 PM  
BunnyHop

Single biggest hit? J Brown Yoga dvd. Love the slow pace and following the breath. The workouts of varying lengths are a huge help, since it helps me fit in a practice even when I'm short on time or need to simplify things. This has also helped me figure out that I like a slower pace and following the breath even when I'm not practicing yoga. (Classical Stretch, for example)
(Currently having bicep tendonitis issues unrelated to yoga.)

I'm also loving Jessica's new set.

Oh, and editing to add: A round yoga mat makes a huge difference for me. I workout on carpeting, and something about having the larger space covered with a mat surface is really helpful. Like it for yoga and other floor workouts.

I also got a backless yoga chair that I use for support in standing/bent over positions. Definitely worth it for me, even though it's of such specifically limited use.

Editing to add that I absolutely LOVE the new Classical Stretch Season 12. Everything about it seems to suit me right where I am right now.
Old 12-02-17, 02:53 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Beachbody On Demand has been the best thing for me this year. I’ve tried workouts I never would have even given a second thought to doing. I love that you can accesss all of their workouts. All the materials and info is on the site too.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 04:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I have TONS of friends who love BB on Demand. May have to check it out myself. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 11:11 PM  
Anny

Biggest hit for me was actually trying some of Jessica Smith's rotations from her channel, using her YouTube workouts. Previously, I had just added in a barre or walking workout from Jessica. This year I tried, for example, the 30 Days in May rotation twice - and although I never did it completely as is, I enjoyed the variety.

Another hit for me was doing some (not all - I am rotation challenged, obviously) of Yoga with Adriene's 30 Day Challenge and Yoga Revolution. Again, I liked how the rotation workouts fit together.

Another hit for me was adding in some Joyce Vedral weight training workouts from her books. They saved me from not doing any formal workout, on some of my long and busy work days. A fifteen or twenty minute weights session and at least I have done something extra. Little preparation need - just grab the weights from my cupboard and do the workout.

Final 'hit' was revisiting Taebo and discovering again how much fun it is.

No real misses for me this year.
Old 12-02-17, 11:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Biggest hits:
~Essentrics teacher training
~BellyFit TV
~Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3
~Getting back into a regular Yin yoga practice
~Rediscovering my Ellen Barrett DVDs
~Live barre classes

Happy to say I didn't have any misses.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, best of, hits and misses