Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-13, 08:40 PM  
cowfishpro

They look awesome, but I'm probably one of the few who loves Eoin but can't do too many of his workouts anymore due to length. There's only so much time in the day/week. I wish he would come out with some shorter practices for people like me. I would love to get a short daily dose of Eoin.
Old 10-18-13, 11:17 PM  
Jags

Well....

....the first 10 minutes was fantastic. The opening sequences, with Eoin's prayerful intentions, were probably his best. Unfortunately, my files were corrupted and stopped playing. All of the files downloaded properly, i.e. they look to be intact, so I am not sure what happened. I have an email into Eoin, I am hoping he will send me fresh links in the next 24 hours.

Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 08:20 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damselfly View Post
Well....

....the first 10 minutes was fantastic. The opening sequences, with Eoin's prayerful intentions, were probably his best. Unfortunately, my files were corrupted and stopped playing. All of the files downloaded properly, i.e. they look to be intact, so I am not sure what happened. I have an email into Eoin, I am hoping he will send me fresh links in the next 24 hours.

Gah!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 12:16 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damselfly View Post
Well....

I think if you sign on to his web page with your account you should be able to access them directly. I had some issues at first before I saw their note to not try to download multiple files at once. On the web page, go to Shop and then Login towards the middle, and then My Account Good luck!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 12:18 PM  
kitty12

I just did the full practice now. I had been doing a lot of Yoga Warrior, adding in UY sometimes, and this was a nice contrast. I felt more of a focus on flexibility rather than strength, and since I tend to be tight I didn't feel very fluid at times, but I really liked the practice. Very nicely done.
Old 10-19-13, 02:55 PM  
Deanie

Kitty,
could you elaborate more about the practice? I love Eoin and have been doing his Full Routine 2 on the weekends and PY4H2 Going Big/Eddie Would Flow on Tues/Thursday. Are there alot of vinyasas and standing poses?

TIA!
Nadine

Deanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 07:11 PM  
kitty12

Hi Nadine. It had been a little while since I had done Eoin. What DVD is Full Routine 2 from? Overall I thought the practice was in similar style to his other DVDs, but there was a very fluid section at the beginning that seemed different for him. Not sure if it was just because I hadn't done his DVDs for a while. It almost reminded me of Shiva Rea style. One of the sections is in the video clip - starting at about 11:30 minutes. I think that video clip seems like it is from the first portion of the actual practice. I think it would be different than PY4H2. Would make a nice complement to it. Sorry I wasn't very good at describing the practice!
Old 10-20-13, 07:08 AM  
Deanie

Thanks Kitty.

Deanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 11:29 PM  
Jags

I did Pipeline this evening, the 75 minute practice from Earth Body Yoga.

It is not a Power Yoga practice, but there are athletic elements to warm up or activate certain areas throughout the practice.

It is not a Vinyasa Flow practice, either. As a matter of fact, there are very few Sun Salutations. Eoin described it as a surfer-yoga practice. Yoga with an Eoin twist.

The practice is not one seamless flow. It is chaptered, this will be a nice feature for dvd users. Eoin made specific chapters to work on, for example, hip and shoulder opening; core and strength: boat pose, chaturanga push ups, crow pose and firefly; a few back bend sequences: camel pose, shoulder bridge, and wheel; and a supine section. Eoin holds many of the poses for several moments. As usual, Eoin includes many colorful thoughts and Eoin-isms. One, that I can remember, is “If there is any more ecstasy (to be found in the pose) you’d need a glow stick.” ( a drug reference!?)

The camera work is beautiful. The soundtrack is fabulous. I liked the practice, and will do it again, however I didn’t feel - overall - that the practice was evenly balanced front to back. I also didn’t feel relaxed, calm, and centered afterward, which is usually one of the benefits of practicing yoga – at least for me.

(Maybe I just couldn't connect with my inner-plankton. Eoin made several similar earth/ecology statements, which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing.)
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 11:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I caved and ordered, knew I would eventually! I live in BC near where a lot of it was filmed so couldn't resist! And I do love Eoin's work, especially Pursuit of Happy Hips and Blissology.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
earth body yoga, eoin finn