Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-17, 09:55 AM  
TinaT

Returning to my Roots starting in January.

I have been enjoying taking a break from my normal workouts and stretching my collection. And while I know I've benefited from using barre and callanetics, I miss my Firms and Fitprimes ... my dumb bells, and even my FIRM step.

I have noticed a bit of a drop in my muscle definition since changing methods as well. Starting January, I will return to my first love of fitness. The FIRM. I know taking the break from them, has given me a much needed break my body needed. But I think I'm ready to sweat and even be a bit sore again, in a way only these workouts can do to me. i will definitely have 1 day that is full of stretching and flexibility work so that I keep what I've gained from the other methods.

What are your exercise plans for the New Year?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 10:21 AM  
bubbles76

It has been fun and an inspiration to watch your progress! I may not always post, but I always read your about your progress.

I will actually be finishing up my Firm rotation around then. I'm not sure if I plan to do my rotation that I posted here, jump into one of my many sets that I have yet to crack open, try a Jessica Smith rotation, or go with the instructor I always turn to in the winter: Cathe! It is all up in the air for me now. However, I think that after the Firm my body may be ready for something a bit tamer. I use heavier weights for Firm workouts (usually 15's and 20's, except for shoulders which I keep around 5 or 5 pounds) so my body has been plenty sore!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 11:10 AM  
TinaT

It's taken me so long to have a well rounded collection that I can move away from The Firm for a time and come back refreshed and ready to hit it hard again. I didn't think it would take appx 4-5 months, but my body gets the final say.
Old 12-05-17, 12:20 PM  
bubbles76

You are listening to your body, that's the good thing! Glad you feel ready to get back to the Firm.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 09:08 PM  
ncl

My roots are the Firm, too. I have been doing a Tracie Long couple of weeks and I am loving it. I may pull out some old Firms and Fitprimes and do those as well.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 11:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Ha, Tina, I was wondering when you'd return to the Firm! I knew it was only a matter of time.

I've been slowly but surely building up my strength and stamina with Leslie's walking and weight videos, and lo and behold -- over the weekend I did... Firm Volume 4! And loved every minute of it. So I guess I'll be Firming along with you.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 08:24 AM  
TinaT

I stayed away much longer than I thought I would. It was good for me though. The new year seems to give me feelings of renewal and starting over. I also think I'm needing some longer workouts. I've been staying right at 30 minutes consistently, so it's time to mix it up a bit.
Old 12-06-17, 11:31 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Tina, I’ve been following your progress and cheering you on. I’m wondering, are you doing your Firms in any particular order?

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 12:08 PM  
wendug

Tina- It's good to listen to your body and take a break from your normal routine. I bet you find you are stronger now when you get back to your Firm workouts!
Old 12-09-17, 09:26 PM  
Donna D

Happy Birthday Tina!
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote