Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-17, 12:32 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I know this set is a great price right now but wondering if it is really much different than her other workouts. I have a lot of her workouts, so wondering if this is worth purchasing.
Yes, it really *is* different!!! I was thinking the same thing when the set came out fresh (I even stated I wouldn't buy it at all!!! Ahh, the irony! LOL) and here I am, waiting for my 2nd set to arrive in 2 days!

ETA: If anything you're getting an excellent band *and* gloves for 20$! You can always donate the DVDs! [I intend on doing that with mine.]

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 12:35 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Ok, I'm such a vidiot... I caved and bought it for 19.99$ after realizing it not only comes with the band (which I love and will enjoy having 2 of! LOL) but with gloves, too!??? I didn't get any in my order from her site either!!!

So now I'm curious if I'll also get the bonus walk... I don't see it officially being listed anywhere but I trust the VFers here!

Gina,
technically I guess I should contact them!.. But it's too long ago, I won't even bother! LOL
The one I received didn't come with gloves. I saw the review that was posted from someone who listed the contents of the set, which included gloves, but that review was from a year ago, and I bet that was a different iteration of the set and that it probably cost more back then. In the product description it doesn't mention gloves either. Just don't want you to be disappointed!! But I still think it's a great value

ETA: Also, my band didn't come in that blue drawstring bag. That would have been nice! But I'm still happy with what I got and I did end up ordering another set for myself
Old 11-27-17, 01:51 PM  
Betty Boop

I didn't get gloves, either. There's no picture of gloves on either the Amazon or Walk at Home site.
Old 11-27-17, 02:10 PM  
JustSandra

No gloves or bonus disc in my set. But I did get a drawstring bag for my band!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-17, 02:33 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
No gloves or bonus disc in my set. But I did get a drawstring bag for my band!
Lol, looks like they have a lot of pieces that are going hodgepodge into these super-cheap orders! As long as all of the discs and the band are there, I'm happy. Maybe they ran out of bags and subbed with bonus discs, or vice versa.
Old 11-27-17, 02:50 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Good to know about the bonus disc and/or gloves!
It made me realize I really don't need a 2nd set, no matter the price (ok, for 10$ I'd have wanted it for the band alone LOL), so I actually cancelled my order and got another one from Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped series, which Amazon is currently also offering for 4$ cheaper!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 11-27-17, 05:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Mine arrived! No gloves or bag but yes, I did get the bonus disc, which I'm super excited about!!

Val I really hope yours comes with that disc too!
ETA - whoops, hope you're really happy with your new Suzanne Bowen DVD!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 10:27 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thanks, Gina! Since I'm on the barre/SBF kick, I think this will be the better option for me!

I'm glad yours came with the bonus walk though!

Old 11-28-17, 03:47 PM  
Judy W.

Well, a calamity! I ordered this at $9.99 and was eagerly awaiting it. Yesterday it was "Out for delivery" and I stalked Amazon all day! But it never came.

Then this morning I had a message from Amazon that my package had been lost! Asked me to contact them so they could resolve it. So I asked them to replace it and was told that since it was sold through Walk At Home they could only give me a refund, but if I cared to re-order they would expedite delivery.

I thought about reordering it at 19.99, but when I looked at the product, it was back up to $39.99! I contacted Amazon and asked them to purchase it and send it to me, which I feel would be the only outcome that would be fair to me. Why should I have to pay 4x the price because their driver somehow misplaced my package? I was told they couldn't do it, but if I repurchase and then find a lower price later, they'll allow me to return it. Which is a big "No, thanks!"

Well, I don't think I wanted it that bad. I'm enjoying my new Jessica, and I'll just have to leave it at that!

Disappointed in Amazon.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 04:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
Well, a calamity!
their deficiencies are so unacceptable! what a bummer.

last week, I bought a whole bunch of stuff from them, and I got an email that a pair of shoes I bought got "cancelled" and the reason given was "technical."

I got back on and ordered the same pair from a different vendor, and it was $10 cheaper!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 fast and fun miles, miracle miles