Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-10, 08:54 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Kickboxing or Tae Bo for beginners?

I've decided I need to do more cardio. I have very little room to work out in, and dislike step. Because of the lack of room, hi-lo is out (and no one seems to be making hi-lo workouts these days ...) I also have really bad knees.

I have a couple of Michael Olajide's boxing workouts. They're terrific for my upper body but the cardio (a lot of jumping rope) is way too high impact. I don't like Leslie Sansone's workouts; have tried 'em and don't like 'em. I find them to be really hard on my psoas muscles because really, you are just lifting your legs up and down, not really walking (which I do outside and love).

So I was thinking about workouts like kickboxing or Tae Bo. I've never done much of either.

To those of you who do these kinds of workouts, are there some that are aimed at beginners, don't go too fast, and are not hard on the knees? (I hope this wish list is reasonable!)

Thanks!

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kickbox, kickboxing, kickboxing for beginners, tae bo, tae bo for beginners, taebo