Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-13, 03:25 PM  
mamaste

Firm Zip Trainer

Guess we were right....

http://club.firmdirect.com/?q=node/44943 this article is just the instructors saying how great this tool is. Anyway....

Quote:
The FIRM Master Instructors dreamed it up... Our design engineers perfected it!

Roll it, lift it, toss it to tone every inch of your body. Balance, step and kneel on it to up your calorie burn and engage the core to the max. Lean on it, stretch on it to improve posture and flexibility.

Want to hear more? The FIRM Master Instructors have a lot to say about the Zip Trainer!
Old 07-31-13, 03:26 PM  
Charmed

I'm not a member so I can't see it. What kind of gadget is it?
Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 03:31 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
I'm not a member so I can't see it. What kind of gadget is it?
There's no picture of it, but from all that we've gathered it's an UGI ball. An adjustable UGI ball.
Old 07-31-13, 04:05 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
There's no picture of it, but from all that we've gathered it's an UGI ball. An adjustable UGI ball.
Eh, I'm not all that excited about that. I do like most of the instructors they have leading so I guess I'll wait to find out the price and number of workouts and lengths of them, etc.
Old 07-31-13, 06:33 PM  
Carol K

It also says that club member pre-orders are starting soon.
Old 08-01-13, 07:01 AM  
Jane1721

I had pretty much decided I was done with new Firm workouts after the last three workouts (Time Crunch Cardio, Flat Abs Solution, and Club Dance), but I would still like to know how long these workouts are. I might change my mind!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 07:10 AM  
Carol K

Annie said they are longer than 20 minutes, with longer bursts, but she didn't give any actual times.
Old 08-01-13, 07:38 AM  
Jane1721

Thanks, Carol! I'm hoping for a full (60 minute) workout, but that seems unlikely...
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 07:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm not interested in this but Ugi balls are pretty expensive (imo) so this won't be cheap. And if I know them, it'll come with 3 or 4 workouts and we'll never see another workout for the Zip again. Zip, lol.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 08:52 AM  
rosepetals

I went to the link, typed in my old account info. and was able to retrieve this information. I am shocked as I closed my account a long time ago. This is copied from the web site. I am not associated with this company or any other company selling anything.

Web Club Member Pre-Orders starting soon!

The FIRM Master Instructors dreamed it up... Our design engineers perfected it!

Roll it, lift it, toss it to tone every inch of your body. Balance, step and kneel on it to up your calorie burn and engage the core to the max. Lean on it, stretch on it to improve posture and flexibility.

Want to hear more? The FIRM Master Instructors have a lot to say about the Zip Trainer!

http://club.firmdirect.com/files/Kelsie Sneak 1_0.jpg

Kelsie

The Fabulous Zip Trainer...

It's round, it's sort of squishy, it's pink... Yep, I'm describing your new BFF!!!

Don't be embarrassed that a round, squishy, pink ball is about to be your new best friend... I love it too!

I love how versatile it is... You can make it light, you can make it heavy, you can stand on it, you can lean on it, you can even hug it... And believe me, you are going to love it so much, you will want to hug it!

I love how intense it makes my workouts... My balance has never been challenged so much and there has not been a fitness tool that has gotten my heart rate so high.

I love that The FIRM is still so passionate about fitness, that they would spend so much time creating a piece of equipment that will truly change your workouts!

So... If there is still any doubt about how I feel when it comes to the new

Zip Trainer, I'll end by saying... I love it!!!

http://club.firmdirect.com/files/Allie Sneak 1.jpgAllie

I really enjoyed challenging myself with the Zip Trainer! It's got so many different ways to be used that you never get bored. When I choreographed my workouts I tried to think of all the ways I could integrate the huge variety. I must say that my favorite is using the Zip Trainer in the ball position. It may look easy to hold onto the ball and toss it, roll it, lift it, etc, but it's not! It requires upper body strength in ways that I haven't been challenged by before. You wait and see!

Aside from the Zip Trainer being a fantastic fitness tool, the methodology of the workouts really kicks butt. The "bursts" are very intense and you're hanging on every second. So if you see us sweating and panting during the programs know that we're human! It's a huge challenge for us, too! Even though I was the beginner in a few programs, I still felt it. As usual, there's something for everyone at The FIRM. And the way the workouts progress will give you a chance to acclimate. I know that you're going to LOVE this program!!!

http://club.firmdirect.com/files/Stephanie Sneak 1.jpg

Stephanie

I was thrilled that we were able to utilize the Zip Trainer in our newest program! Medicine ball training has been around for thousands of years, so taking something so classic and adding a new twist with our proven methodology was a lot of fun. I think the hardest part for me was deciding which moves would actually make it into the final workout because this is a tool that allows so much creativity. Of course, at the end of the day, I love our old school moves that get proven results so I had to stay true to my FIRM fitness roots by incorporating some of those exercises as well.

I've been doing FIRM workouts since the eighties and this is one more example of how bringing in variety while honoring our legacy of fitness keeps me hooked through the decades. I can't wait for others to do these workouts along with me!

http://club.firmdirect.com/files/Emily Sneak 1.jpg

Emily

The Zip Trainer is soft, fun, versatile and surprising!! I had the best time creating workouts with our new toy!! I cannot wait for you all to experience the new product and all that goes with it. It will work your body in ways you haven't felt in a long time, so get ready to strengthen those core muscles! Your body won't know what hit it-and it will thank you!

It's SOFT: It's soft and squishy. You can hold it and squeeze it. You can toss it and catch it. (And if you forget to catch it, it won't hurt when it lands on your face! Seriously though, don't forget to catch it!) You can kneel on it, sit on it, lie on it, and roll on it. The list goes on and on.

It's FUN: Did I mention that you can hold it, toss it, catch it, sit on it, kneel on it, lie on it and roll on it? Is there anything you can't do on it? I doubt it! We had so much fun tossing our choreography around! I know you will have fun doing it!!

It's VERSATILE: I cannot think of any exercise you cannot do on the Zip Trainer. I cannot think of any exercise you do with the Zip Trainer that does not work your core. I cannot think of any way that I would want to work out that I could not use the Zip Trainer in some form or fashion. It's that versatile.

It's SURPRISING: When you see it, it looks like a soft pretty ball. When you pick it up, whoa nelly! You are in for a treat!! You can do simple, regular old exercises, and feel things you never felt before! I challenge each of you to get this system with the Zip Trainer. Let me know how high your heart rate is. Let me know how your quads, glutes, hams, shoulders, biceps and triceps feel. I bet they will feel worked-more so than they have in a while. And all from a pretty pink ball. Smiling

http://club.firmdirect.com/files/Annie Sneak 1.jpg

Annie

The Zip Trainer is amazing! It is an innovative, multi-functional training tool that will take your fitness and workouts to the next level. You can use the Trainer for strength training, stability and balance, and core work. I love it because, not only can it can be used for functional training, it is also portable, and supportive for floor abdominal exercises.

Where I saw the most difference in my body using the Zip Trainer was in my core, my midsection. I was able to really whittle my waistline because I can do core exercises standing and lying on the Trainer and even plank on the Trainer.

The versatility of the Trainer is a reason why I love it so much.

http://club.firmdirect.com/files/Alison Sneak 1.jpgAlison

The newest FIRM product is one of my favorites because of its versatility! I have never been able to use an exercise prop for almost anything I want to do. I can definitely feel my core working when I step on its uneven surface. Probably my favorite position to use it is zipped because I really feel my heart rate rising when I lift it overhead. You really get a bang for your buck anytime you use it in this position because you're sculpting your arms and burning fat at the same time!
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zip trainer