Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-15, 12:22 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I am not a forum member and am able to see the clip.

Well... I am two for two so thinking these were a great investment. They look like fun and it is nice to have Amanda modifying as well.
Then when I want to take it up a notch I can do the blizzard blast.

Now I really want these to ship soon.
Can't wait for the rest of the clips.
Old 11-24-15, 12:33 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Agree - maybe Marlo is the unofficial modifier. She's doing all the things I do at home to lower intensity: do a step-kick instead of a jump-kick on the step, don't wave my arms as high as Cathe does, do lower leg lifts and knee-ups, etc.
Um, yeah, Marlo. I forgot to turn my brain on yesterday.

I don't think I've ever seen her look that miserable. Maybe they were just filming too much in one day?

I also couldn't tell that Amanda was modifying this one. I haven't seen the second clip yet, but understand it's obvious she's modifying it.
Old 11-24-15, 12:56 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I like this clip. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the video clips.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 01:17 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Lower Body Blast looks great to me! Tho I will have to modify for sure: right now my body is not capable of any jumping jacks.

I haven't been buying Cathe workouts for a few years, so the moves are not repetitive to me. I like what I'm seeing.

Though I hate the music. I could tolerate it as long as there's a way to lower the volume of the music (or turn it off completely). The music volume seems so much louder than Cathe's voice. Yikes! too much noise.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 01:41 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Different strokes I had Mike's first DVD, decided I was out of his league, and didn't pay much attention to him again until BeFit started posting segments. When I saw Metabolic Conditioning, with the big compound moves using weights, I thought "that looks doable!" I just do the Befit videos that are about 15 minutes long, using 5 pound weights and following the girl on the right.

These ICE videos look about on the intensity level of Mike's first DVD. If they're marketed to her fans that want an easier day after a week of Cross Fire, that's fine but they don't look intermediate to me.
See now I thought the first one was more my league and I followed the girl on the right...I think....hmmm...I may have traded the wrong workout lol! I thought one of them was more on level with my current abilities, but I had only done each dvd once through, and that had been a few months ago.

So just ignore me completely! I still like the music for ICE. Off to check out the second clip.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 02:06 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Agree - maybe Marlo is the unofficial modifier. She's doing all the things I do at home to lower intensity: do a step-kick instead of a jump-kick on the step, don't wave my arms as high as Cathe does, do lower leg lifts and knee-ups, etc.

I went back and rewatched the low impact sweat clip. Marlo does seem to look like the modifier for this one. She also looks like she's struggling through which I find admirable because I'm sure that's what I look like in my basement. Concentrating to make sure I don't trip or miss my step.

I don't care which lady modifies I'm glad Cathe decided to use one. These look great and I'm getting excited.
Old 11-24-15, 02:42 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Wow, I thought lower body blast looked so much harder than the cardio sweat. The step workout isn't even low impact. The leg workout - no different than all her other stuff.

I got a little chuckle, these are just typical Cathe workouts with the modification I already do, ha ha.

There is just nothing new here unless you feel bad about modifying her regular stuff. Same moves, just a little less intense and a little less full out. Darn, I was considering the muscle meltdowns, but meh. She should watch Millionaire Hoy for ideas on new moves that are in line with what she is already comfortable with. I get bored with workouts really easily and don't even like premixes because it is still the same thing with the same instruction, music and comments.

Hope you all LOVE them.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 03:11 PM  
Rhonda

Marlo is not my favorite. She just never looks like she is having a good time so I cannot look at her. Sorry just my opinion.

Wow Jai's shoulders are awesome.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 04:43 PM  
suzannaerin

Both look good, but even with modifications, the leg blast isn't low impact.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 05:38 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Marlo is not my favorite. She just never looks like she is having a good time so I cannot look at her. Sorry just my opinion.

Wow Jai's shoulders are awesome.
I agree about both points! (My humble opinion to follow...) Marlo may be a super sweetie in real life, but her camera presence sucks the energy and positivity right out of the room. I make it a point not to look at her at all when I'm working out. Jai always looks amazing and has a bright presence and smile to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Both look good, but even with modifications, the leg blast isn't low impact.
I don't believe this one was advertised as low impact. The only low impact workout in this series was the Low Impact Hiit one that was posted yesterday.

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action