Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-20, 03:38 PM  
fatkat555

Random question about music: How do streaming sites like Suzanne Bowen (as an example) use pop music yet avoid copyright? I’m sure there’s some loophole maybe with lack of distribution? How do streaming sites avoid the copyright, yet Facebook or other social media if you use copyrighted music the post is removed? Is it social media vs private? I’m so in the dark on this.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 09:02 AM  
Floren

A little late to the party, I just saw this. Thanks for sharing some of your videos on YouTube! I appreciate anyone who puts themselves out there. You are such a natural in front of the camera, and so friendly. 😊

The production from the first video to the last is a huge leap in quality. The clean, bright studio is so appealing and professional. It’s very easy to see your form, which is important for barre. It also helps me when an instructor tells me what muscle should be working, and form pointers.

If the workout requires the exerciser to do a warmup before starting, it might be helpful to mention that in advance in the comments, and maybe even link to a quick warm up video. That might make it easier for the exerciser to plan workouts so they know to add time, or to use your video as an add on instead of a stand alone workout.

Sorry, I don’t know much about your question about using music on YouTube. But I do enjoy music in workouts, especially if the moves are coordinated with the beat of the music. But better no music than bad quality sound.

Thanks again for sharing what you love! It shows that you really enjoy it.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 01:18 PM  
fatkat555

Thank you, Florence! Unfortunately, I closed my studio effective May 1 and will only be teaching Zoom live and doing videos for streaming. I’m working on my home studio which I hope will look as good on camera, but is affectionately referred to as “shed barre”. As soon as I get everything up to speed I’ll post more videos.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote