Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-18, 07:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
I've joined Instagram but just haven't been bit by the bug yet.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 10:47 AM  
bee
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I've joined Instagram but just haven't been bit by the bug yet.
Pat, I only joined because my best friend was moving to Seoul for five years and that's the way she was going to communicate with her world. I thought I would just look at her stuff, but I've found a lot of fun people to follow and I have fun posting goofy pictures to "all my fans". That is a complete joke -- my teenage boys think I am so silly with my posts and so I always tell them "my fans need updates."
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 10:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Pat, I only joined because my best friend was moving to Seoul for five years and that's the way she was going to communicate with her world. I thought I would just look at her stuff, but I've found a lot of fun people to follow and I have fun posting goofy pictures to "all my fans". That is a complete joke -- my teenage boys think I am so silly with my posts and so I always tell them "my fans need updates."
I should give it another chance - starting by following everyone who shared their profiles here.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 03:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter
 
yogapam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West coast of Canada, eh. ;)
I have a good friend who lives a distance away & isn't on FB. She is on IG so I started a private account with family & vacation pics so she can see my pics & I can see hers. Then I was toying with doing a fitness, food, & reading focused blog. I decided to do it via IG instead. So I started 2 public accounts, they kinda are blog-ish. One is fitness & books, the other is food. I'm enjoying doing it and following others with similar interests. My public accounts don't include much personal info, they are very general.
__________________
*~*Pam*~*

Certified Level 3 Essentrics Instructor - September 2020

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"Its not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 04:25 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter
 
JackieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Minnesota
I just have jackiebadgeressentrics. Yep, Essentrics and family stuff.

I never really know what to post!
__________________
Jackie

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017!

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 05:56 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MN
I have deactivated my Facebook account. It you log in it will activate it again but then you can just deactivate upon logging out. I did log in just to see if I was missing anything after a week and I wasn't. At some point I will probably just delete for good.

I still sort of want to join Instagram but I would just have a private account where I wouldn't post anything but could still follow fan and consumer pages which I believe are public. I would just create some phony username, which frankly I wish I would have done for FB all along. My FB is still there if I want to go back but I don't think I will. I think for me the FB ship has sailed.

I am reading others posts on their blogs, I am kind of interested in doing that too but not sure if I would have anything interesting to say. If I do join I will have to check those out though, I like reading blogs.

You Tube is my favorite though, I am on there more than any other website. You can choose what to watch, that is kind of my escape.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 11:33 AM  
bee
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Note that Instagram is owned by Facebook -- in case people are philosophically opposed to all of their practices. I live in Silicon Valley (sort of) so I'm not sure if that's an obvious fact to the rest of the world -- my apologies if so.

I'm not happy with all that happened, of course, and I haven't used fb for much in quite a while but am now using it nearly daily for ART streaming. If it weren't for that I'd give it up, but...... not sure if I could give up instagram at this point, though I am fairly anonymous there. I never linked my fb and instagram.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 11:53 AM  
antbuko
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I have deactivated my Facebook account. It you log in it will activate it again but then you can just deactivate upon logging out. I did log in just to see if I was missing anything after a week and I wasn't. At some point I will probably just delete for good.

I still sort of want to join Instagram but I would just have a private account where I wouldn't post anything but could still follow fan and consumer pages which I believe are public. I would just create some phony username, which frankly I wish I would have done for FB all along. My FB is still there if I want to go back but I don't think I will. I think for me the FB ship has sailed.

I am reading others posts on their blogs, I am kind of interested in doing that too but not sure if I would have anything interesting to say. If I do join I will have to check those out though, I like reading blogs.

You Tube is my favorite though, I am on there more than any other website. You can choose what to watch, that is kind of my escape.
I did the same thing with Facebook this week. Social Media is a time suck and I found I really am not missing anything. I'd like to delete it too but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I follow people on Instagram but I don't go on very often. I don't take pictures, I'm just not good at it. I love Youtube and I use a feeder app for blogs.
__________________
Helen K
antbuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
instagram, vf social media

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness