Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 04-12-02, 08:36 AM  
horsemom2

Thumbs up Scott Cole's Millenium stretch here too

but I split it and do the 2 segments separately cuz sooooo long

Barb S
who always feels better after this workout
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-02, 09:12 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Re: Re: Kathy Smith's Instant Workout

Quote:
Originally posted by PamelaP
Hee hee! Yes, we're hoping to produce and release "Pepper's Power Stretch" sometime later this year. Coming to a store near you!
HEY!!! My kitty's name is Pepper too!! Two little Pepper P's on the forum! haha.

Maybe your Pepper can do a follow-up tape called Partner Stretching with the Pepper Ps, with my Pepper as partner!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-02, 09:16 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I have Tamilee's stretch tapes, Karen's Pure and Simple Stretch, Autonomy Stretch, heck, a BUNCH of 'em, but my FAVORITE is Denise Austin's Stretch and Flex. It just feels wonderful. She holds the stretches long enough to really challenge and improve your flexibility, and she stretches EVERY muscle, and it is right at 30 minutes long. Karen Voight is equally thorough but something about Denise's tape makes me FEEL better. Tamilee's tapes are good but the stretches are held for a shorter amount of time (which is good if you want an add-on but doesn't give you quite the flexibility improvement that longer holds do IMHO). Gotta love the duck friend though. Autonomy Stretch is also very thorough, very nice, the only stretch tape I have that stretches fingers/hands/forearms. . . All these are good, but Denise's is best. She's quiet in this tape, don't worry.
Old 04-12-02, 09:18 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Oops, forgot, the long stretch at the end of Step Fit is great, I do love that one!
Old 04-12-02, 09:29 AM  
PamelaP

Re: Re: Re: Kathy Smith's Instant Workout

Quote:
Originally posted by susan p
HEY!!! My kitty's name is Pepper too!! Two little Pepper P's on the forum! haha.
Now WHY does that not surprise me in the slightest?! The great left brain/right brain theory at work again. Is yours male or female? Mine's a girlie-girl.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-02, 06:18 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I usually reach for a yoga tape for streching, but I really enjoy the streching segment in Keli Roberts' Body Bar Challenge video. It's about 15 minutes and very soothing, with great attention to the inner thigh and hamstring.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-02, 09:31 PM  
~Vicky~

I really like Callanetics. She holds the stretches for a really long time(a count of 50 to 100).
I also really like the final stretch in Firm vol 2.
~Vicky~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-02, 12:06 PM  
Sunshine

Question Autonomy Stretch????

Quote:
Originally posted by susan p
I have Tamilee's stretch tapes, Karen's Pure and Simple Stretch, Autonomy Stretch, heck, a BUNCH of 'em, but my FAVORITE is Denise Austin's Stretch and Flex. It just feels wonderful. She holds the stretches long enough to really challenge and improve your flexibility, and she stretches EVERY muscle, and it is right at 30 minutes long. Karen Voight is equally thorough but something about Denise's tape makes me FEEL better. Tamilee's tapes are good but the stretches are held for a shorter amount of time (which is good if you want an add-on but doesn't give you quite the flexibility improvement that longer holds do IMHO). Gotta love the duck friend though. Autonomy Stretch is also very thorough, very nice, the only stretch tape I have that stretches fingers/hands/forearms. . . All these are good, but Denise's is best. She's quiet in this tape, don't worry.
Autonomy stretch? whose is that???

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-02, 12:48 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

PamelaP and Lucy

Quote:
Originally posted by PamelaP
Now WHY does that not surprise me in the slightest?! The great left brain/right brain theory at work again. Is yours male or female? Mine's a girlie-girl.
Pamela, mine is a little girl, too. She is a feisty little thing but VERY affectionate! We call her the Pepster, Pepsie, Peppy, and just plain Pep, too!

She looks like your Pepper except she has more white (chin, bib, belly, feet).

Lucy, I don't know who made Autonomy Stretch. . . It is just, well, Autonomy Stretch! It is two nameless people stretching to the directions of a nameless narrator. You can usually find it at places like 800.com and cduniverse.com, just search for "autonomy" under the fitness vids. It is a good tape. I reviewed it a long time ago, you can dig up that review. Or here, I'll do it: http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/...my-stretch.php

There ya go!
Old 04-14-02, 03:24 PM  
peggy h
VF Supporter

Also an Autonomy Stretch fan!

Actually, I traded for this tape on the strength of Susan P's review and it's a keeper. The most-used segment of this tape for me is the part where they do the upper body stretch.

Most of my stretch tapes that are broken into shorter segments either emphasize the lower body (like Reebok Versa Stretch or Candace Copeland's Dynamic Stretch) or mix lower with upper (Tamilee's excellent stretch routines from last year). So on days when I do an upper body split and want a short but thorough stretch for the upper body, I just love using this. They don't mirror teach, which is a negative, but it is not a big deal with a stretch tape compared with other kinds.

Tags
faq, favorites, stretch